Unofficial Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Semi Final vs. Fremantle, Saturday Sept 10th - 7:25pm, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having inadvertently triggered this debate with my use of “The Daicii” to describe the brothers Daicos, I am persuaded by the educational Ancient Greek analysis and will henceforth refer to them in the plural as “The Daicoi”.

Who knew there was much wisdom within the ranks of the Collingwood BF pages! Thanks for the enlightenment!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
To be honest, it could have a type 3C declension noun, at which point Corn Cobbers and I might be in a bit of trouble with the definite article and the suffix “-os”. Might also be an argument of what dialect of Greek the Macedonians were speaking, too. It’s a rabbit hole. Hey Corn Cobbers how annoying is it seeing every word these days basically coming out of either Greek, Latin, or Greek via Latin? 😂😂😂

How are you on the whole “the royals are cannibals and nazis” rumour, and the Diana death was a staged blood sacrifice to some caananite deity? 🤔

I’m too young to have known much about Diana, but she definitely was the good sort, even after being shafted by the blue bloods 🙄

I haven’t heard the cannibals theory, but it sounds plausible. I’ll do some research.

Yeah I've definitely gone through ups and downs in terms of whether I think he should be in the team. Ruck and resting forward makes sense to me right now and feels like our only option.

Old mate McStay is not exactly filling me with confidence tonight that he is the replacement for Coxy next season (especially at a much higher cost...)
He's not a replacement for Cox. He will be a support for Mihocek or the defense.

He's not a replacement for Cox. He will be a support for Mihocek or the defense.

Will be interesting to see what the club has planned but they clearly also have high hopes for Kreuger. I see the writing on the wall for our dual ruck combination. I reckon Fly wants to see a mobile second ruck. Whether that’s mcstay, Kreuger or Johnson, only time will tell.

Maybe we will see mcstay in defence and Kreuger and Johnson forward. One of 5he forwards is second ruck. Cox goes out of the 22, plus another player, maybe Murphy, or maybe Howe WHE or Mihocek as they near the ends of their careers.

Will be interesting to see what the club has planned but they clearly also have high hopes for Kreuger. I see the writing on the wall for our dual ruck combination. I reckon Fly wants to see a mobile second ruck. Whether that’s mcstay, Kreuger or Johnson, only time will tell.

Maybe we will see mcstay in defence and Kreuger and Johnson forward. One of 5he forwards is second ruck. Cox goes out of the 22, plus another player, maybe Murphy, or maybe Howe WHE or Mihocek as they near the ends of their careers.
So I gather Murphy is now being seen as more limited than a few months back when his metamorphosis was celebrated on here and in the media? He needs a big game today after a down one against Geelong playing on Rohan.

So I gather Murphy is now being seen as more limited than a few months back when his metamorphosis was celebrated on here and in the media? He needs a big game today after a down one against Geelong playing on Rohan.

Not at all. He certainly has a strong future. Another good season and he’s a lock. Almost there now But he’s not key position size

I threw up a few positional scenarios in my post but you seem to have interpreted it as “ delist Murphy”

Now Checkers is near the end? Stop it. I think our two genuine rucks have been a success as can be seen by our incredible season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not at all. He certainly has a strong future. Another good season and he’s a lock. Almost there now But he’s not key position size

I threw up a few positional scenarios in my post but you seem to have interpreted it as “ delist Murphy”
Not at all. There is nothing in my comment suggesting he be delisted. I interpreted what you said much more literally - that his position in the team may be under threat once McStay arrives at the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back