Preview Changes & Preview Round 17 - Ports vs Dogs @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s nice,there’s a lot of sides in the bunch that could play finals but are only making up the numbers.
Dogs are in that bunch, when they play a side also in that group it’s a 50/50 game.
Yep you beat Freo in Melbourne and they beat you in Perth.
And Fremantle beat Sydney in Sydney and belted Melbourne away from home..... so yeah...

It might be close to 50/50 but not on form. Moreso geographical location

the dogs got spanked by Brisbane too at home, the week before their bye and then they came out after the bye and smashed freo and were then were average last weekend against north.

So their last 3 games have been shit, brilliant, and just okay.

The dogs are a mixed bag. We could win by 40 or lose by 75. If they are shit I think we win, if they are just okay like they were against north we probably lose still on current form but we are a chance but if they play like they did against freo we are in strife.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

the dogs got spanked by Brisbane too at home, the week before their bye and then they came out after the bye and smashed freo and were then were average last weekend against north.

So their last 3 games have been shit, brilliant, and just okay.

The dogs are a mixed bag. We could win by 40 or lose by 75. If they are shit I think we win, if they are just okay like they were against north we probably lose still on current form but we are a chance but if they play like they did against freo we are in strife.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Played Brisbane after they had 2 byes and we hadn't had one. Then played Fremantle off their bye. Then we had the bye and the Norf game.

Brisbane game was disappointing. Really needed Richards and Darcy who we lost the week before

Yes. I've a suspicion the Bulldogs knowing more about Sweet is going to be more telling than Sweet knowing more about the Bulldogs.

That said English is copping it for his lack of aggression over there. Wants to stay at the Dogs but the Dogs don't want to pay the kind of money West Coast or others are offering.

English has always been timid in the ruck. That's not going to change now
The latest ruck rule change was like someone at AFL Headquarters was offended by the fact that Tim English was playing well and decided they didn't want anymore of that.

The latest ruck rule change was like someone at AFL Headquarters was offended by the fact that Tim English was playing well and decided they didn't want anymore of that.

Exactly right.

Think it's why the Dogs aren't offering him the money he can get elsewhere. He's the tall beanstalk that is going to get moved off the ball 103 kilos and 208cm.

Yes. I've a suspicion the Bulldogs knowing more about Sweet is going to be more telling than Sweet knowing more about the Bulldogs.

That said English is copping it for his lack of aggression over there. Wants to stay at the Dogs but the Dogs don't want to pay the kind of money West Coast or others are offering.

I think Dante has turned the corner physically and what he lacks in experience against English he would make up for in aggression.

Dante if it was my job I was trying to save would be my call against English.

I've no problem with Ken going with Sweet.
Perhaps play both Dante & Sweet where Marshall would not be missed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

'Outside noise' is a fukcing insult to supporters & generally shows what the AFL clubs have become as roped off insular elitist bubbles that only engage with the great unwashed on their terms.

It's a far cry from the heartland connection days Ginever speaks of when Cahill would tell them after a poor showing they were fooling nobody your people have been watching football for 100 years.

'Outside noise' is a fukcing insult to supporters & generally shows what the AFL clubs have become as roped off insular elitist bubbles that only engage with the great unwashed on their terms.

It's a far cry from the heartland connection days Ginever speaks of when Cahill would tell them after a poor showing they were fooling nobody your people have been watching football for 100 years.
“Outside noise” is usually referring to media not supporters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back