Preview Changes & Preview Thread for Showdown 56

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah I very much get the feeling the result hinges on the battle of Wines + Drew vs Crouch + Laird
I think so too and seriously our boys should be able to equal them.

Wines v Crouch, Drew v Laird.

Just make sure we man up their man outside the pack waiting for the ball coming out.

feels like to me, if we cant beat this mob in a game that will be similar to a final, with them talking smack..

we aint winning shit in the finals and id rather miss out altogether than get embarrassed in a one off final or go out in straight sets again

It is really crazy that our whole entire season hinges on this game.

I was looking at the ladder we could drop out given who Carlton have. And we are sitting 2nd with 2 games to go. 1 away to the other team fighting to stay in the 8.

Win this and it's probably top 4, lose this and we are out of the 8 come seasons end imo.

This could be the ultimate Hinkley special to go out on, either way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is really crazy that our whole entire season hinges on this game.

I was looking at the ladder we could drop out given who Carlton have. And we are sitting 2nd with 2 games to go. 1 away to the other team fighting to stay in the 8.

Win this and it's probably top 4, lose this and we are out of the 8 come seasons end imo.

This could be the ultimate Hinkley special to go out on, either way.
Also the Hawks have an easy couple games too. If we drop one we probably need bulldogs to drop their last game against GWS.

here go the clowns

If only there was a term for a mini grand final.

Maybe try ‘final’?

Maybe try harder during the season and play a real one?

Wines and Drew will be our most important players as where the crows have been beating us in the last couple years is at the contest, so if our big bodied guys can do their role well it will allow the likes of JHF, Butters and Rozee to kill them with their class
I think Sweet vs ROB will be the most critical matchup
Their mids only look good against us cause ROB has killed it

Last showdown they kicked 12.6, including 5.0 in the first
We kicked 5.18, including 1.7 in the last qtr
We won the clearances & inside 50s by 10 & contested possessions by 14

They played a short possession game & clogged up the corridor & space around ruck contests & really only looked capable of scoring on a fast break from a turnover or occasional centre clearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back