Preview Changes & Preview Thread for Showdown 56

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Very much so, Kane and Kingy both said this is a high pressure, very important game for Port Adelaide, then Kane goes on to tip the Crows, quite obviously for no other reason than its common knowledge we just can't get it done when the pressures on.

It's the single most glaring issue Kens squads have had all along.

In no universe should we be losing to 15th when a top 4 berth is on the line, with basically a full squad.

Time will tell, I actually think we get up, which sets us up for a good finals run.

But this tells you all you need to know about Kane.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
It starts with our narrative every Showdown that these are 50-50 games. If you expect them to be, they will be.

Ignoring the fact it's a showdown, where form/ladder position has never really mattered - the crows are far better than their 15th position shows.

If you look at the data and stats, the Crows profile is much better than their position has them, particularly over the last 5-6 weeks. They also have quite a few players ranked in the top 15 over the same period, Keays, Thilthorpe and two others from memory.

The crows have had our number in recent times, and their style of play is our kryptonite. Especially as they are playing with freedom and no expectation - plus the added edge of being able to ruin our top 2 hopes.

This will be a great test coming into finals though, particularly from a maturity point of view. They have nothing to lose and will try every trick in the book to make us lose focus on the game - we just need to ignore the noise and theatrics and focus on winning the game. No silly stuff, no silly suspensions etc etc.
If we can’t beat Crows we aren’t going far in finals. Huge test of our mental fortitude

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that not a pretty strange thing to say? Wtf is he trying to say? Wingard got traded, so is he saying Wines will too?
I reckon he's taking a jab at Wingard being cooked half the time.

Getting back to the thread title…

Crap our pants when scared + Finals are scary + Showdowns are like finals = Changes (of underwear) for Showdown

Seriously though, surely we need to find some confidence to win one of these soon, I hate having none and I hate that our club exhibits none.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back