Prediction Changes: Round 14 Vs Giants + prematch discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Not going this week unfortunately already have plans on Saturday and going to the shithole Showground with 4k fans and no atmosphere is not as appealing as the SCG.

For anyone going I would be curious what the ratio is from Freo to GWS fans.

This is the core issue with JL and the match committee that I have. They rarely go beyond the norm with player selections despite now being 6-6 with the majority of the team the same. There's no dare. Banfield does what exactly? Sturt show more promise. Henry? Get in someone who actually has desire.
I'd normally agree but if you zoom out just a little, you'll realise that our number one issue is experience. So keeping the same group together as much as possible, with minimal changes to structure (unless forced) is the best path forward.

Not going this week unfortunately already have plans on Saturday and going to the shithole Showground with 4k fans and no atmosphere is not as appealing as the SCG.

For anyone going I would be curious what the ratio is from Freo to GWS fans.
This games actually in Sydney? Nice.

Feels like it's been a long time since we played them there. Trash ass AFL usually pawn us off to Canberra.

I'd normally agree but if you zoom out just a little, you'll realise that our number one issue is experience. So keeping the same group together as much as possible, with minimal changes to structure (unless forced) is the best path forward.
Experience is overrated. You can't get players experience if they sit watching all the time.

How is the likes of Erasmus and Sturt going to get experience if we use this approach though?
We needs to get Erasmus to 50 games ASAP in particular. He’s a top 10 pick and one would assume a key part of the future premiership as we obviously aren’t winning it this year

The two guys that need the most football at peel are Sturt and Erasmus, if they aren’t in the AFL side. Annoying they both will play stuff all footy again this weekend
On the one hand I agree, on the other they are backup for our 2 genuine injury cloud players in Serong and Freddy

ofc both those players will play and they'll both miss out still, its a frustrating quirk, wish Peel played Sunday this week, why are Souths playing Sunday

I don't know what people are complaining about, we have no wing options atm. Worner has homework to do at Peel, Ras is not a winger and Stanley/Williams are not ready. I don't mind giving Henry another chance to build on his game. Also you are kidding yourselves if you thought Sturt wouldn't come out for Walters. If Sturt is made sub than my b22 for this round is 100% correct.

Averaging less tackles, less possessions than his debut season. Only thing he has done is kicked a couple of more goals. If he's best 22 then that explains why we are 6-6.
there was a stat somewhere that showed he was the third highest for goal assists

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How is the likes of Erasmus and Sturt going to get experience if we use this approach though?
We needs to get Erasmus to 50 games ASAP in particular. He’s a top 10 pick and one would assume a key part of the future premiership as we obviously aren’t winning it this year
He'll probably be sub?

name calling someone because they disagree with you?!? that's a bit...childish
I mean they said I was clueless in the post that I responded to, without even reading the entire post.... so fighting fire with fire.

We literally lost the last game do to a lack of experience resulting in a lack of composure at key moments.
Nah we lost the last game because the coach couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag. Most of the lack of composure came from the experienced players. The old experience thing gets too much of a roll out to defend the indefensible. It's getting annoying.

If I was Erasmus I'd be asking the question

Henry was utter shit last weekend

I'll give Banners a leave pass as he has been better and influenced games

Averaging less tackles, less possessions than his debut season. Only thing he has done is kicked a couple of more goals. If he's best 22 then that explains why we are 6-6.
Yeah, Banfield being best 22 explains why we're best 22, that's totally why. Couldn't possibly be playing Hughes out of position for the first 5 weeks, having blind faith in Henry, not playing Amiss in Round One, taking JL's sweet ass time to sub Walters on not once but twice.

Ps - Banners average less touches as a forward than he did as a midfielder is fairly commonsense.

Nah we lost the last game because the coach couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag. Most of the lack of composure came from the experienced players.
Gonna have to disagree there. The coach made the moves necessary that almost resulted in a comeback. It was the small things. Shultz missing, Cox kicking off the side of his boot etc. All that goes when your team is older and more experienced and knows what each other will do because they've played together as a unit long enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Changes: Round 14 Vs Giants + prematch discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back