Prediction Changes v Melbourne (Round 19)

Remove this Banner Ad

None of our forwards do well when starting from a stationary position. You see them congregated 70m ahead of the ball waiting for the kick to make the lead, no time to get separation. Amiss is no good, actually none of the forwards/talls are good with it landing on top of their head flat footed, and needs to be on the move marking to be effective.

Just like every other side, we thrive when we are allowed to move the ball fast and a significant amount of effort every game goes into slowing down the ball movement.

What we need is to play the likes of Walker and Clark 30m ahead of the ball when we are trying to move it, before we ultimately bomb it long to the contest - take the mark and immediately handball to the overlap running half back to kick it over the back.

Unfortunately it leaves us massively out of position should the ball be turned over.
100%

Wasnt it fractured. That has to be a Pearce type of "test"
To be fair it was him saying it himself, so probably a bit more optimistic than the docs may be.

The direct quote: "It's day by day. I'll run today - see how I go, see how I pull up tomorrow. Maybe run again Wednesday, and then, if I get picked.."

I do find it really interesting though. Cox had a stress reaction (i.e hadn't progressed to a fracture just yet) and was touch and go to be ready for round 1, 7 weeks later. Meanwhile Gawn and Ginnivan back within a couple weeks. Was it just conditioning that made it seem so much longer?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dees by 13 goals. Ironically the same number of touches Dogga had winning a GF on your deck ya campaigners lol win a GF ya muppets
Am I correct in assuming in your profile pick, Petracca has a lot of "crushed up panadol" in his hair?

and I thought Carlton supporters were bad.. ;)
Nah, Demon peeps are pretty good (with one very well known exception), you just have to realise that almost everything they do is sarcastic or a joke. He's having a laugh

Maybe Freddy’s role has changed to some extent.
I think it was Taylor who yesterday mentioned that recovery from a concussion was extremely variable.
I recall Doug Wade being interviewed about his career. He said that it took him a full year to feel quite right after suffering a concussion.
Concussion recovery would be my take. Sharp edge missing at present. It was a substantial knock he copped.

Dees by 13 goals. Ironically the same number of touches Dogga had winning a GF on your deck ya campaigners lol win a GF ya muppets
Its Hard Nick GIF by A&E

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Changes v Melbourne (Round 19)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back