Prediction Changes v Melbourne (Round 19)

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually don’t mind this. Darcy and Jackson know they can keep up with an underdone Gawn. Might be trauma speaking but Melb going in without a genuine ruckman is one of those left field things that tend to completely throw us off

Naaaaaah, there is no way anyone would prefer Gawn in the ruck over Petty/JVR. Not saying we can't win but it would have been a lot easier if Gawn missed (hopefully he still does).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess we will find out soon

Melbourne sits in eighth spot but could drop to as low as 12th with a loss to the fifth-placed Dockers, with a ladder logjam making every match crucial for all finals aspirants.

Despite what’s on the line, however, Goodwin said he wouldn’t be forced into recalling Gawn before he was ready

“He’s working through his process incredibly well,” the coach said on Thursday, with a selection decision looming on Thursday afternoon.

“Everyone who knows Max knows how diligent he is. Today is an important day for that process, we’ll assess him post today.

“This isn’t the time of year to take a risk with any of our players, we need to make sure he is 100 per cent ready to go.”

Difference between Pearce last week and Gawn this week.

Melbourne are currently outside the 8 and need to do everything they can to get there.

We're focused on having the best chance in finals.

(And yes, winning and top four does that, but no need to risk the Skipper and KPD when you don't have to)

Difference between Pearce last week and Gawn this week.

Melbourne are currently outside the 8 and need to do everything they can to get there.

We're focused on having the best chance in finals.

(And yes, winning and top four does that, but no need to risk the Skipper and KPD when you don't have to)
I just hope we win :)

Jloe needs to make the team more unpredictable. If he is a decent coach or wants to show he can throw curve balls if we are in a sticky situation like against the hawks throw a sicley move like Sam Mitchell. Moving one player can make the difference jloe must show that he is capable of doing this.

Sicily only got moved forward because he couldn't tackle due to his shoulder and thry had already made their sub. It was a move in desperation not so much tactical.

Teams have been announced

no Gawn

MELBOURNE

In:
J.Billings, A.Tomlinson, B.Laurie, T.Fullarton
Out: T.Woewodin (managed)

FREMANTLE

In:
A.Pearce, S.Darcy, B.Walker, W.Brodie
Out: J.Draper (omitted)

No Draper :(
Not surprised on Gawn considering it'll be wet too and the surface.

Going to be hard to wedge in three starters with only 1 out. Although I suppose the easy option is Wags and Voss out.

Fyfe has been named onfield, as has Wagner. Walker on the bench with Sturt.
Of the bench the most predictable ones to get a final jumper would be O'Meara, Walters, Aish, Johnson, Sturt with Walters sub. Or maybe Walker for Aish.

Not what I would do, just what I think will happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Changes v Melbourne (Round 19)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back