Changes v Tasmania

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats that got to do with the price of tea in China. Why get so agro with an irrelevent point.

I could easily drop Monfries because he plays abourt one good game in five/six. Monfries is just not doing enough, and he has had more chances than most.

Myers has had plenty of chances too. Monfries plays one bad game and people want to can him.

Myers has been next to useless all season. Please point out how he has helped this year. Please.

I'm probably a tad harsh on Dyson but it's the same old for me and I just can't wear that anymore. Great game last week and he backs it up with another one of his usual performances.

So we drop him? At least had a good game last week, compared to NLM who despite what almost everyone said during the week, did not have a good game last week. He made his usual clangers leading to goals and by the sounds of it, he did it again this week. Surely he should go before Dyson? Particularly if Hurley/Darcy are fit.

Same with Gus, he had a good game three weeks against Carlton, he's been the same old Gus since. Surely he should go before Dyson?

Myers has had plenty of chances too. Monfries plays one bad game and people want to can him.

Myers has been next to useless all season. Please point out how he has helped this year. Please.

I agree. Very average. Is slow and fumbles too much.

So we drop him? At least had a good game last week, compared to NLM who despite what almost everyone said during the week, did not have a good game last week. He made his usual clangers leading to goals and by the sounds of it, he did it again this week. Surely he should go before Dyson? Particularly if Hurley/Darcy are fit.

Same with Gus, he had a good game three weeks against Carlton, he's been the same since. Surely he should go before Dyson?

Nat Rat makes mistakes because he takes on the game. Dyson and Myers make mistakes when there is no pressure on and do not take the game on. Although, I think Dyson has done enough to keep his spot.

Kelvin i'm sorry but you can't be serious? I really struggled to watch the entire game tonight, 1 thing that kept me going was watching Dyson. I thought he was impressive tonight, as he was last week, and am hoping this is just the start for him.

OUT: Jetta - LUCAS - Fletch(?) - Myers
IN: Bellchambers - Atkinson - Houli - Daniher/Hurley (Hurley first if fit)

Lucas you're gone, and you're gone for a long time. Enoughs enough, he simply cannot contribute anymore, it's not a bad patch of form, it is that he is finished, i'm sorry scotty, but it's over.
Jetta doesn't look up to it. Not nearly up to it.
We're in trouble next week if Fletch doesn't get up.
Myers to go, possibly one of his better games tonight, but still not great, and i want to see him, if he's any good, do a Zaharakis and take a VFL game by the scruff of the neck and say "Look at me, look what i can do."

To the INS
Bellchambers needs to comein for this game, mainly due to the 3 ruckmen for Hawthorn.
Atkinson i hope will take Slattery's role by seasons end, but Slattery stays in due to others being worse than him atm.
Houli - Okay, he had a bad game disposal wise round 1, if that's the case, we drop 20 players for next week. Give him another go.
Daniher/Hurley - Need to come in to help Hooker and Pears next week with the big 2.

Why would we drop Monfries ahead of Lucas? In what way, name 1 single way Lucas has been better than Monfries?

Out- Hooker (just average..and whoever's idea it was to play him as a 2nd ruckman is a fruitloop), Fletcher (inj.), Monfries, Lucas

In- Bellchambers, Hurley, Atkinson, Neagle
You are kidding? Admittedly he didn't turn the match on its head, but considering he was playing in a foreign position, then playing on one Jonathan Brown, in his third match, I thought he showed easily enough.

I'm probably a tad harsh on Dyson but it's the same old for me and I just can't wear that anymore. Great game last week and he backs it up with another one of his usual performances.

He did some things early on tonight. He broke through about 3 or so Brisbane players. Then later on bombed a perfect one to Winders(?). But, he does go missing when the game gets away from us. It's not like he had tons of turn overs. One was to Lucas but Brennan climb over him and another i remember was to Zaharakis, but Zaka slipped over.

Does the kid not demand the ball enough, or not receive it enough?
Watson running down the middle, Stanton on right, Dyson on left, handballs to Stanton and gets instantly tackled.

Same with Gus, he had a good game three weeks against Carlton, he's been the same since. Surely he should go before Dyson?

I thought NLM was one of our better players tonight. He gave us a bit of run and used his stronger body to get the second most contested possessions.

Made a few clangers but no more than anyone else.

He was good last week so I'm not quire sure how you can see he wasn't. He was in the best 5 or 6 and that was the general consensus.

Dyson has had one good game out of 6 this year. It's not good enough but I'm angry and Dyson is the first I put in the gun.

Nat Rat makes mistakes because he takes on the game.

Different rules for different players it seems. If Dyson does a clanger going in hard for the ball that leads to a goal, there'd be 10 posts about it, hell probably even a topic saying he should be dropped and it's the same old Dyson. NLM does the same, maybe a 'Oh well at least he was trying hard' comment will be said. So sick of the blame Dyson fad.

Different rules for different players it seems. If Dyson does a clanger going in hard for the ball that leads to a goal, there'd be 10 posts about it, hell probably even a topic saying he should be dropped and it's the same old Dyson. NLM does the same, maybe a 'Oh well at least he was trying hard' comment will be said. So sick of the blame Dyson fad.

I am also sick of the Dyson bashing and I think he should stay in the team. Myers should be dropped back to Bendigo. Players such as Lovett-Murray are important as they can spark the team. He is also one of our few hard bodies.

I thought NLM was one of our better players tonight. He gave us a bit of run and used his stronger body to get the second most contested possessions.

Made a few clangers but no more than anyone else.

He was good last week so I'm not quire sure how you can see he wasn't. He was in the best 5 or 6 and that was the general consensus.

Dyson has had one good game out of 6 this year. It's not good enough but I'm angry and Dyson is the first I put in the gun.

I agree that was the general consensus, and I disagree with it. (And if you're gonna have a go at me for going against the consensus, I'm gonna have to point out the irony :p) I just thought some of the stuff he did wasn't all that good last week, particularly some of his hand-balling which was usually loopy, putting the receiver under pressure. I can't comment on his performance tonight, other than what I saw on Gameday live and reading Blitz, but it seems he did the same old same old.

So has Gus, expect his good game was 3 weeks ago while Dyson's was last week (And again tonight according to some), surely Gus should go before Dyson?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

not sure how we can stop franklin and roughead, especially without fletch.

didn't get close to stopping bradshaw and brown tonight

dyson stays. he's played ok the last few weeks.

Myers has played all of 11 games? Plenty of chances?

Name one player Myers has played that has kicked a bag. (Remember he has been playing as kpp back, and not as a midfielder which is his primary position.)

I don't get why you are making Myers your scapegoat this week. His disposal was good, tried hard all night.

His fitness looks like it picked up again so I expect a role in the middle next week. Don't judge him when he is playing in a foreign position.

I am also sick of the Dyson bashing and I think he should stay in the team. Myers should be dropped back to Bendigo. Players such as Lovett-Murray are important as they can spark the team. He is also one of our few hard bodies.

Surprisingly. I agree on Dyson, he has been a pretty solid contributer this year I think. The more I thiink about it, the more I want to see Houli and Atkinson given a shot. Bellchambers might be worth a shot as long as Hooker and Patty can assist him around the grounds.

Also remember, this is the same side (+Hooker) that beat Collingwood last week, so wholesale changes might not be neccesary.

So has Gus, expect his good game was 3 weeks ago while Dyson's was last week (And again tonight according to some), surely Gus should go before Dyson?

I've never been a fan of Gus and he should be out of the 22 once we get some players back, McVeigh and then Welsh should play his role.

He busts his gut though and has a few good games a season. Twice as many as Ricky.

I've never been a fan of Gus and he should be out of the 22 once we get some players back, McVeigh and then Welsh should play his role.

He busts his gut though and has a few good games a season. Twice as many as Ricky.

2 against Carlton compared to Dyson's 1? :p

I made the point last week in your topic that I think Skipworth could easily replace Gus, I stand by that. It seems one of Skippy's biggest strengths is his ability to set up goals. I'd rather that than Gus' marking ability....

And I think McVeigh/Welsh/Prismall are far more likely to push Dyson out rather than Gus btw.

2 against Carlton compared to Dyson's 1? :p

I made the point last week in your topic that I think Skipworth could easily replace Gus, I stand by that. It seems one of Skippy's biggest strengths is his ability to set up goals. I'd rather that than Gus' marking ability....

And I think McVeigh/Welsh/Prismall are far more likely to push Dyson out rather than Gus btw.

Either way with Skipworth or Gus we are at the bottom of the barrel in terms of AFL forwards and I'm not sure any of em will make a difference.

You are kidding? Admittedly he didn't turn the match on its head, but considering he was playing in a foreign position, then playing on one Jonathan Brown, in his third match, I thought he showed easily enough.

He is only a pinch hit at anything, give me Atkinson, etc over him any day of the week

as i stated before the game i wanted bellchambers and houli in for myers and a sore lonergan who needed a rest. its frustrating that IMO i've had better judgement than those in the inner sanctum at the selection table.

this week bellchambers has to come in. whilst he is in the ruck it frees up ryder as a target up forward which was lacking tonight. hooker has to play back with fletcher likely out and hurley/daniher still getting over injuries. given the prospect of buddy ryder might also be needed for that job if the younger guys get mauled.

pretty much have to concede we'll lose to hawthorn and therefore not risk any players carrying or recovering from injury.

my changes:

in: bellchambers, houli
out: fletcher, lonergan

roughead - pears
franklin - hooker/ryder

i'll be surprised if the margins less than 10 goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back