Preview Changes vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess the positive is its list exploration even if its by dumb luck and pathetic selection policy. The season is over anyway. So there is technically no harm in giving Hamill a game. Its his last chance or his gone and he has played well in many of his non concussed games. So I'd rather have him get a game or two, see how he goes before making a decision.

Probably giving the selection committee too much credit but maybe this was their idea with Parnell. But I doubt it.

Yup tend to agree, Parnell is as good as delist, lets give Hamill a last go before marking cards.

This game is as good as gone anyway.

Lets just start throwing the magnets around.

Dowling as emergency means no chance he plays the following week either giving the existing midfield another week of shitness

Yep, brilliant from Nicks and the Selection Commitee…..they have implemented the perfect justification (Dowling’s lack of match hardness) to roll out the same midfield against Essendon.

Off topic but i would love to see Curtin get a run in the middle this week at SANFL level, and then next week and then each and every week that he is there and when he finally gets a nod for the AFL side, he can have a run through the midfield rotations.

As for dowling, any chance that its smoke and mirrors and he might actually come in for someone game day...?? One can only hope

Knowing Nicks, Curtin will travel with the team as an emergency (wont be used....it will be another player if needed) so Curtin misses out on a game to impress and this will be used as an excuse next week as to why he has to play a Sanfl game.

I’m confident we’ve had 2 games at home so far.
Prior to the Geelong game, Dowling, Curtin, Ryan and Bond had showed little in the preseason hit outs. Were you at Alberton when most of the KIDS come on after the third period? The standout player was Ned the whipping boy.
Curtin struggled in the Ones.

I will just go and check what your team was for Round One. Mine had Nankervis in instead of Sholl. Since then we have played one SANFL game.

I wanted Dowling and Nankervis in for the Melbourne match but frankly we only have a group of very raw kids (Bond, Curtin, Ryan, Edwards and Gallagher) plus a group of players that virtually no one on this Board wants in the team (Himmelberg, Berry, Parnell, Hamill, Strachan, Sholl, Murphy etc). Like everyone else, I like the concept of Pedlar but he has been really bad during the preseason and the first three matches.

Prior to the Geelong game, Dowling, Curtin, Ryan and Bond had showed little in the preseason hit outs. Were you at Alberton when most of the KIDS come on after the third period? The standout player was Ned the whipping boy.

I will just go and check what your team was for Round One. Mine had Nankervis in instead of Sholl. Since then we have played one SANFL game.

I wanted Dowling and Nankervis in for the Melbourne match but frankly we only have a group of very raw kids (Bond, Curtin, Ryan, Edwards and Gallagher) plus a group of players that virtually no one on this Board wants in the team (Himmelberg, Berry, Parnell, Hamill, Strachan, Sholl, Murphy etc). Like everyone else, I like the concept of Pedlar but he has been really bad during the preseason and the first three matches.
So play Dowling then which is what most are unhappy about

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are we pretending we select based on form now are we?

If SANFL footy was all we ever took into consideration how the hell would Fogarty have ever broken into the side?

Why are we refusing to put games into our untried youth? We legit are playing people we plan on delisting why are we wasting AFL opportunities on these list cloggers??

Lol the news just showed footage of Curtin off half back who hit Zac Taylor lace out who hand passed to Charlie Edwards who streamed through the middle and hit a target forward..... Wtf is the club doing?? The future is right there and they have skills and we won't play them!

Also how is it that Nicks blames players for losses and then doesn't back it up at the selection table?

"The gameplan is fine, the players just aren't executing."

"So we should drop some and try others who might execute better?"

"Good lord no."

Nicks now reached the point where not only are we not moving forwards, he's actually dragging the team backwards. And i'm not just talking about wins and losses, he's actively harming the development of most young players on the list with a poor gameplan, refusal to debut players or give most of them bigger roles. He is coaching like a desperate man and I think everyone can smell it.

Yup tend to agree, Parnell is as good as delist, lets give Hamill a last go before marking cards.

This game is as good as gone anyway.

Lets just start throwing the magnets around.

Nicks is lost at selection. he has no depth and injuries have hit and continue to hit. Had Parnell not been injured he probably would have played again and Gollant would be the only change. I dont think its got anything to do with throwing the magnets around. Nicks is throwing games at every mature body or players with games experience he has left to see if he can buy a win.

I bet he spends his days chasing Sloanes availability and is hanging on Murphy, Schoenberg coming back from injury. I can see Sholl being given more games as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back