Changes vs North?

Remove this Banner Ad

I would like to see Martin given 1 or 2 more games (should Bail still need time out). Perhaps Garland out for Rivers? Garland has now had a few weeks and needs some time in the magoos to dominate. I just think he is lacking a little something at the moment.

Our back men were fantastic against the Lions and that includes Garland. I thought he was outstanding as were Frawley and Warnock and IMO Garland must be retained in the side until his performance, or lack thereof of, deems him eligible to be dropped for Rivers. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

The team should be unchanged this week.

I'd go Bail in for Martin if he's fit otherwise unchanged if he isn't fit to play.

Hawthorn got within 2 goals with no ruckman despite playing extremely poorly, I'd back Jamar and the pinch-hitting of Dunn to get the job done in the ruck.

Whatever happens I want us to absolutely smash North, I can't stand the arrogance of their supporters. I know we've got our own arrogant supporters but none of them come even remotely close to matching the North supporters arrogance, it's unbelievable that they can be that arrogant.

Maybe Martin stays in the side since North have Goldstein, Hale and Hmac. I wouldn't be against a Gysberts debut as this season is still about getting games into player.No one really deserves to be dropped but maybe our hand will be forced like last week.

I'd be tempted to drop Martin and bring in another runner. They should have destroyed the Ruckman less hawks. Jamar will be able to cover the hit outs and i'd like to further use our leg speed to run and create.

But under the dome we maybe better to go in with an extra big target up forward. And winning form is good form!!

lol at kangas threads, some of them reckon they will smash melbourne. They are NOT better than brisbane

My god they are soooooo arrogant, you'd expect that from Hawks or Dons people, but not the Roos. Nice crowd figures, guys.

Melbourne supporters over the years have also been guilty of overrating players, especially young ones, but without doubt North supporters are the worst I've ever seen. I think if Luke Molan was at North they would still be going on about him now as an injury riddled 'star that could've been' in the tradition of Trotter, Urch, Grima the Smiths and many others.

I don't know if it's really arrogance they have, it's this 'us against the world' attitude that came about in their fight for survival. At the end of the day it's really best to ignore them in the same way you would parrot.

In any case for this game I wouldn't be surprised if we had a down week. We have never played the Dome well and it may be hard to continue to play as well as we have for the last month. Here's hoping I'm wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Without a neccessary change I think the side should remain unchanged.

Be good to see Bail back in, but for who? The obvious is Martin, but with such a tall team, Martin will be a good option. Martin wasn't involved a whole lot last week, but what he did I thought he did pretty well. Needs a couple of games IMO.

I also want to see Gysberts debut, but there is no one who hasn't earnt their spot this week.

For mine, we once again, go in unchanged!

In any case for this game I wouldn't be surprised if we had a down week. We have never played the Dome well and it may be hard to continue to play as well as we have for the last month. Here's hoping I'm wrong.

I don't agree with this.

We've got an entirely new list and team and I don't think we'll get the traditional Eithad Stadium performance that we've become accustomed to.

Melbourne supporters over the years have also been guilty of overrating players, especially young ones, but without doubt North supporters are the worst I've ever seen. I think if Luke Molan was at North they would still be going on about him now as an injury riddled 'star that could've been' in the tradition of Trotter, Urch, Grima the Smiths and many others.

Urch was named in the best players in an AFL final.

Jesse Smiths talent (when fit) is beyond question.

The others were hopefuls that were cruelled by injury.

Anyway, is there any chance Watts might step up against another young side this week?

If anyone was to miss for Rivers, it would have to be Dunn or Garland..... I like Garland though, reckon we should keep him in.

Urch was named in the best players in an AFL final.

Jesse Smiths talent (when fit) is beyond question.

The others were hopefuls that were cruelled by injury.

Anyway, is there any chance Watts might step up against another young side this week?
Watts will get a game when he starts starring in the VFL. So not yet.

What's everyone's obsession with rushing Rivers back in? We've won 3 almost 4 games on the trot without him. Keep the lineup unchanged winning form is good form!

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes vs North?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back