Preview Changes vs. Suns - Rd 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when we had Gary Ablett go over and calm down some angry suns fans after we scored 160 and won by over 70 points. Those were the days. Take us three weeks to kick 160 now.

Last edited:
Id say we very very clearly see Petty as a forward at least next year.
We’ve ruined his career I reckon.

He’s bloody hopeless as a forward so I just dont understand the persistence.

We’ve ****ed the list management up and have no other options, but the solution is simply a smaller forward line for the time being in my opinion.

For the last time, if we got Mac Andrew, we wouldn't have JVR.

Now, will Andrew be better than JVR? Possibly. But it's hardly the worst injustice of all-time considering who we ended up with.
These are the best coupled forwards we could have netted together.

The 203cm mobile Forward/follower/Backman, together with the best young 194cm forward. Mac would be the answer to most of our needs.

We’ve ruined his career I reckon.

He’s bloody hopeless as a forward so I just dont understand the persistence.

We’ve ****ed the list management up and have no other options, but the solution is simply a smaller forward line for the time being in my opinion.
Richmond tried to play Vickery and Griffiths for years and then won a flag when they dropped out of the side with just Riewoldt. But hey Petty and Turner are just great forwards

Richmond tried to play Vickery and Griffiths for years and then won a flag when they dropped out of the side with just Riewoldt. But hey Petty and Turner are just great forwards
They are pretty much some kind of “coaches with no idea what to do or how to solve this” forwards.

Disco might even have potential there for all I know. I just can’t tell. Our forward delivery makes it the hardest spot on the ground to play.

Though I feel for our defenders too. Spending a year under pressure of “please just get us over the line no matter how dreadful the rest of the game looks” must be a tough gig

Wow, even Cornes has jumped on the bandwagon.
“Shocking crowds, boring game plan, haemorrhaging salary cap, potential recruits having second thoughts, unhappy superstars, heart and soul players leaving – what is next?

Isn't it great, he's gonna sink the boots in any chance he gets now
I can’t stand him.

He’s a world class bore who rarely says anything that isn’t entirely obvious. Melbourne are a shit show isn’t exactly cutting edge, researched stuff. But if he says it enough he gets a round of applause from some weirdo crowd because he “says it like it is”. I reckon most of his adoring fans are Trump supporters and the remainder are sectioned under the mental health act.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can’t stand him.

He’s a world class bore who rarely says anything that isn’t entirely obvious. Melbourne are a shit show isn’t exactly cutting edge, researched stuff. But if he says it enough he gets a round of applause from some weirdo crowd because he “says it like it is”. I reckon most of his adoring fans are Trump supporters and the remainder are sectioned under the mental health act.
Parks And Recreation Nbc GIF by HULU

It's so funny, dickheads like Damo and McClure telling supporters they should be happy they won a flag and Goody is a good coach a week or so ago. Now , "Wow, I'm shocked there are so many issues at Melbourne, didn't see this coming"

Even Kane was a bit slow to this party but he started the pile on at least so I love him. Especially when he talks about Goody's boring game plan.

It's so funny, dickheads like Damo and McClure telling supporters they should be happy they won a flag and Goody is a good coach a week or so ago. Now , "Wow, I'm shocked there are so many issues at Melbourne, didn't see this coming"

Even Kane was a bit slow to this party but he started the pile on at least so I love him. Especially when he talks about Goody's boring game plan.
Trump supporter unmasked

I can’t stand him.

God you're cringe sometimes Gander. He's the only bloke in the media who isn't afraid to hurt people's feelings pretty much, sure he'll get some things wrong from time to time but he's a necessary evil. Media would be ****ed without him.

Last edited:
I can’t stand him.

He’s a shock jock who is biased towards port but he actually has some pretty good opinions. Reckon that last bit of your post is a bit unfair too.

i actually like Kane. i don't know why anyone would get upset with what he does, he just likes to have a crack and usually he's on the money. he's only just saying what everyone else in the media is thinking but lack the balls to say in case they find themselves on the outer.

Give me Kane over Luke Darcy or Brad Johnson anyday. Don't always agree with him (often do) but at least it's clear he actually watches the games unlike most ex-players.

i actually like Kane. i don't know why anyone would get upset with what he does, he just likes to have a crack and usually he's on the money. he's only just saying what everyone else in the media is thinking but lack the balls to say in case they find themselves on the outer.

Yep, he is very soft on port but I’m happy to listen to him talk about the other 17 clubs.

God you're cringe sometimes Gander. He's the only bloke in the media who isn't afraid to hurt people's feelings pretty much, sure he'll get some things wrong from time to time but he's a necessary evil. Media would be ****ed with him.
Trump or Cornes?

I just get tired of him going on and on with this or that club stinks. I mean no shit Sherlock. Especially given the number of times he is last to the party, but repeating the same phrases with a vaguely belligerent tone seems to be enough for people to say he is a straight shooter or some such.

He is probably in some ways a necessary evil as a hero-type for confused young men who have yet to come out of the closet and haven’t yet packed away their 80s glam rock CDs.

I’m enjoying this post now.

Cornes is basically that Wally in a primary school class who thinks it is an awesome idea to take your trousers off and head for the playground. I would spend a day on the phone with the speaking clock rather than search out his bland gibberish delivered in “I’m a bold type who takes no shit and don’t mind saying it” manner. He should get himself a show with Tom Morris and that moron guy who does the sliding doors stuff and create the trifecta of terrific journalism. Actually I might watch that if I thought they might punch on, but Cornes is more the type to try and create a sense that he might punch on in the hope some idiot surrenders their lunch money.

I am really enjoying this post now.

In fact I’ve decided I like Cornes now. This is the most fun I’ve had in a while!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back