Remove this Banner Ad

KTLK

Team Captain
Sep 10, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Dear Melbourne members,

This week we have the eagles at subiaco. Here are my suggestions for the team and changes. Any comments or suggestions, feel free to share.

There are some people think we are out of the finals race. I still believe we are some chance. Yes, it will be abit hard. Remember this, at one stage we lost 7 in a row and still can make the final 8.

We have nothing to lose against West Coast this week. West Coast are not playing well at present and if we can shut Kerr & Judd and run hard with plenty of legs for 4 quarters, we're a chance.

Team:
B: Jones Carroll Warnock
HB: Brown Rivers Bell
C: Bate Bruce Johnstone
HF: Yze Miller Davey
F: Green Neitz Sylvia
Ruck: White Godfrey McDonald
Inter: Mclean Moloney Dunn P Johnson
Emer: Pickett Holland C Johnson
In: Mclean & Rivers
Out: Ward & Holland

Few reasons for this line up:
1. Prefer Warnock than Holland. Subiaco would suit Warnock more. Warnock is quicker and can play small and tall comparing to Holland.
2. I'll try Jones in defence. This will provide some hardness and run out of the backline especially Subiaco ground. Jones will be suited to play aganist guys like Armstrong etc.
3. Godfrey. I have include him in the team because I think it will be good idea to have him on Judd. The advice here is forget about the footy, just follow Judd all the time without giving him some space. Just to frustrate him. Therefore, we can use Bruce as an attacking role from midfield to FF and kick some bags.
4. Green and Yze around the left FF pocket to kick some bags. Would ideally suit their left foot. Dunn to come in to provide some back up and support to FF from bench.
5. McLean & Moloney to start the bench to provide some fresh legs. Plenty of rotating will be needed for midfielders especially Subiaco ground. If we can combat their speed and run, we're a chance.
6. Would like to include Newton for Miller. However, it's a bit risky especially the game is away. Miller played very well last time at Subiaco. Therefore, give him another crack.
7. P Johnson to back up White and FF (at times) to stretch the Eagle's height in defence.
8. Again, midfielders for example: Johnstone and Bate should support the defence and provide more run.

I've had enough of Miller. He's got no confidence in his abillity and we should just about only bring him out for playing on the gorrilla type full forwards much like we do with dutchy eg. Gherig and Hall. I hope I'm wrong. When he took that mark on the 50m arc went back and had a hot didn't even make the distance I don;t think I've ever been more dissapointed.

Instead let's continue with what we did last week. Miller actually only played bout 50% of the game and instead Daniher used Bate and Sylvia pretty effectively as two centre half forwards, even Yze was allowed to play in that tole and did alright.

Yep Miller cant kick 50 - my mum would get closer to goal than that

In: Rivers, Robbo, Petterd
Out: Holland, Miller, Warnock

Don't think brocky will be back this week, but hope robbo is, if hes not then lets go with Newton.
Warnock has to go, 4 games all decided by less than a goal, i cant cope with another six point result even if we win!

Need to win this one if want to play finals. Agree with Bartram Class with Godfrey to Kerr, would probably rotate Bruce, McDonald and Jones through Judd.

Need to win this one if want to play finals. Agree with Bartram Class with Godfrey to Kerr, would probably rotate Bruce, McDonald and Jones through Judd.

*Jones vs Kerr can be an option. However, Jones vs Judd can be a problem. Having Jones on Judd will put Jones under pressure.

*McDonald & Bruce can be an option against Judd. I prefer to see Bruce in an attacking role more than playing on Judd as an defensive role. When Bruce attacks, Eagles can be in trouble.

Need to go all out this week.

In: McLean, Rivers, Robertson
Out: Holland, Miller, Moloney

Moloney is in our best 22 but he is struggling fitness wise and is better off having a lighter run with Sandy then trying to keep up on the massive Subiaco ground.

B: Bell, Carroll, Warnock
HB: Brown, Rivers, Ward
C: Johnstone, Bruce, Green
HF: Bate, Neitz, Sylvia
F: Davey, Robertson, Yze
FOLL: White, McDonald, McLean
I/C: Dunn, Godfrey, P Johnson, Jones

Official changes:

Backs: D.Ward, N.Carroll, A.Yze
Half backs: N.Brown, R.Ferguson, D.Bell
Centreline: M.Bate, J.McDonald, A.Davey
Half forwards: B.Green, B.Miller, C.Bruce
Forwards: C.Sylvia, D.Neitz, L.Dunn
Followers: J.White, S.Godfrey, T.Johnstone
I/C From: P.Johnson, N.Jones, M.Whelan, M.Warnock, B.McLean, B.Holland, R.Petterd

In: B.McLean, R.Ferguson, M.Whelan, R.Petterd
Out: B.Moloney [groin]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Official changes:

Backs: D.Ward, N.Carroll, A.Yze
Half backs: N.Brown, R.Ferguson, D.Bell
Centreline: M.Bate, J.McDonald, A.Davey
Half forwards: B.Green, B.Miller, C.Bruce
Forwards: C.Sylvia, D.Neitz, L.Dunn
Followers: J.White, S.Godfrey, T.Johnstone
I/C From: P.Johnson, N.Jones, M.Whelan, M.Warnock, B.McLean, B.Holland, R.Petterd

In: B.McLean, R.Ferguson, M.Whelan, R.Petterd
Out: B.Moloney [groin]

To Melbourne Supporters,

Greetings to all and thanks for the official team. If final 22, I hope to see something like this:

B: Jones Carroll Warnock
HB: Brown Ferguson Bell
C: Bate Bruce Johnstone
HF: Yze Miller Davey
F: Green Neitz Sylvia
Ruck: White Godfrey McDonald
Inter: Mclean Whelan Dunn P Johnson
Emer: Pettard Holland Ward

* Not too sure Ferguson's form in the 2nd's. However, he's better option than Holland. Holland's speed can be a problem at Subiaco ground.
* Not a good idea to play Ward & Brown in the same team if Whelan's back. Would consider Brown than Ward due to Brown's toughness and hard gets on the footy.
* I dont think Pettard will be playing unless one of the players in the 22's is unavailable.

OFFICIAL CHANGES

MELBOURNE
B: Ward, Carroll, Yze
HB: Brown, Ferguson, Bell
C: Bate, McDonald, Davey
HF: Green, Miller, Bruce
F: Sylvia, Neitz, Dunn
FOLL: White, Godfrey, Johnstone
I/C: P.Johnson, Jones, Whelan, Petterd
EM: Holland, Warnock, McLean
IN: Whelan, Petterd, Ferguson
OUT: Moloney, Warnock, Holland

Interesting that we are going so small, can anyone else sniff Miller going back this week?

Interesting that we are going so small, can anyone else sniff Miller going back this week?

Unfortunately yes I can, but i think we know Warnock is not a tall, so we have Ferguson and Carroll on Hansen and Lynch, if they put a ruckman forward we can move Ferg on to him and put Bell on Hansen, I think he has the height and strength to go well on Hansen. If Miller stays forward I'm happy with the team and think we have made the right changes.

A lot of running players, which is needed at Subiaco against West Coast. Whelan and Bell to take their small forwards, while Ward and Brown will provide run off half back.

Sylvia, Yze, Bate and Dunn will work as mobile options off half forward, with Miller and Neitz the two main targets.

Davey needs to produce a blinder and Johnstone, Green and Bruce must also be at the top of their game.

White must find a way to block the dominance of Cox in the ruck and around the ground, if he can do that then we are half a chance.

McDonald and Godfrey could be our two most important players this week, with Judd and Kerr their main priorities.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back