Confirmed Changkuoth Jiath [signs 3 year deal]

Remove this Banner Ad

Noise out West that the Eagles and Hawks are discussing the Barrass deal.

Hawks 1st agreed but the Eagles have asked about a Hawks player. And they need a half back winger.

They have the cap space to turn his head with an offer.

For that to work Eagles would need to add something else to the deal IMO.

I am shock to hear you saying west coast is not interested in denver granger-barras for a deal with tom barrass???

I am shock to hear you saying west coast is not interested in denver granger-barras for a deal with tom barrass???

You mean a bloke we could just pick up as a DFA, if we happen to be interested?

The feeling is growing that the Eagles may cut deep this off season. Up to 10 players turned over.

If that is the case then the club likely will fill the last spots through DFA hopefully training over preseason. Ruscoe a likely candidate to take Rotham's spot at no cost. I suggest there will be others. More than happy to trail DGB as a train on player and give him a shot.

Does he get caught up in the Barrass deal? Maybe. But it wont be a major component IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can’t see him leaving vic

This thread is more for the Melb teams

Yes not being a preferred destination in the highly active Vic player trade market is a disadvantage. A natural disadvantage that has existed for decades however there are ipportunities that pip up now and again.

And money talks. Cap space and being a rich club is the only cards the Eagles have to play with. And that has not been the case for some time.

Who was the last best 22 vic player you traded in?
In 24 years I think we traded for 4 best 22 players as a whole, which was Stenglein, Wellingham, Redden (SA) and Kelly

We have taken Hickey, Vardy, Ellis, Mitchell, Hunt, Flynn, Witherden of the top of my head who we’re not from W.A

It’s a bit harsh to judge also since we have never had salary cap room to trade for too many best 22 players. Stenglein and Wellingham were not on big deals money wise. Only big moves we made are Redden and Kelly cos that’s all we ever had money to do.

Noise out West that the Eagles and Hawks are discussing the Barrass deal.

Hawks 1st agreed but the Eagles have asked about a Hawks player. And they need a half back winger.

They have the cap space to turn his head with an offer.

For that to work Eagles would need to add something else to the deal IMO.
The only way the Hawks 1st would be agreed is if Sam knows we will be playing deep into the finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed Changkuoth Jiath [signs 3 year deal]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back