Moved Thread Channel 7 Commentary is unwatchable - A alternative suggestion

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Guys like Bruce, BT, Darcy, Richo, even Dennis at times are making footy unwatchable. So many times this year I have turned the footy off just because of how shocking the commentary has been. I know I am not the only who think this, hopefully channel 7 listen to the masses and do something about it next year... I highly doubt that though.

Been thinking about this for a while... Wouldn't it be great if Foxtel Footy let us, through the RED button choose a different commentary feed to listen too.. Eg Triple M, SEN, 3AW. Whatever, anything but the flogs on Channel 7. It's impossible to do ourselves due to the time delay, but I am sure Foxtel could arrange it somehow.. I would pay extra for this!

What does everything think of the idea of Fox giving us a alternate feed to listen too? Not sure of their contractual obligations, but I personally think it would be great.

P.s I know thread is more suited to the 'Footy Fourth Estate' board, but given there has been so much feedback lately regarding channel 7, I thought I'd bring it up on this main board.

I would play an audio of BT to torture a criminal who was hiding information.

How in the name of f*** this uneducated muppet is on TV i'll never know. He can't pronounce half of the players names for f***'s sake.

He get's sidetracked more than a two-year-old child, I recall a game between Carlton and Richmond last year where he was talking about a goal review for two quarters!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would move to the USA and get a shit load more guns then.
"We're going to need more guns"
20-MatrixGunLockerScene-528x219.gif

Luke Darcy has an absolute need to be present in moments of history. So much so that he just makes them up himself if they don't really happen.

How often do you hear him rattle on about player x being in "career best form". Footy wasn't that s**t before you started commentating you peanut. It's simply not possible for every second player to be in career best form.

Brian Taylor is the most overated sloppy commentator in the industry.

Three of many mistakes last night:

• Mixed up Winderlich with Zahrakis (yeah because they look a like :confused:)
  • When Merrett kicked a goal, BT didn't even mention who kicked the goal (I presume he didn't know who kicked it) and left it for Richo or Darcy to mention who kicked it.
  • An Eagles player was awarded a free kick and BT calls out "free kick to Essendon".
I know these are only minor things, but he does them week in week out.

West Coast fans missing the unbiased call of Tim Gossage? :confused:
Gossage is a self confessed Saints supporter, but don't let facts get in the way will you?

I actually watched a neutral game a couple of weeks ago with the mute on. It wasn't even my team and I couldn't stand listening to the dribble from the commentators.

Luke Darcy has an absolute need to be present in moments of history. So much so that he just makes them up himself if they don't really happen.

How often do you hear him rattle on about player x being in "career best form". Footy wasn't that s**t before you started commentating you peanut. It's simply not possible for every second player to be in career best form.

Everyone's the "best in the competition" with that guy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Moved Thread Channel 7 Commentary is unwatchable - A alternative suggestion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back