Channel 7 news to break huge AFL story

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why isn't the Vic media all over this ? Are they trying to cover it up ?
Quick someone better 'make up' a drug story against a WC player and deflect attention. Where's that brain dead twit Aker when you need him...

your club was the one that publically shamed ben Cousins so stop sooking

So does this mean Seven is going to reveal all the names or some of the names? I haven't kept up all I know is that some have been saying that there can be no reports until 12 tomorrow?

They will name the names, but what should happen is they are criminally charged.

Starting from the gimp who sold them, through to her insider at the clinic, and then finally the Directors of Channel Seven who authorised the purchase of them.

Like I said before, the issue is not about the system.

The issue is how Channel Seven can be allowed to PURCHASE private medical records.

If you did it you would go to jail, are they above the law?

And what would happen if you were caught by the police taking illicit substances? Would the officer in question say "look, we wont tell anyone unless you do it two more times, now run along and play nice..."

The system is the problem, because if the system wasn't flawed like this, then this situation which is unfolding right now would not exist.

Like I said before, the issue is not about the system.

The issue is how Channel Seven can be allowed to PURCHASE private medical records.

If you did it you would go to jail, are they above the law?

Highly classified files have appeared in the media a number of times in the past few years. Nobody has gone to jail. Can't see why the penalty would be applied for a privacy matter when it hasn't been applied there.

And what would happen if you were caught by the police taking illicit substances? Would the officer in question say "look, we wont tell anyone unless you do it two more times, now run along and play nice..."

The system is the problem, because if the system wasn't flawed like this, then this situation which is unfolding right now would not exist.

Maybe, but if the law dealt with Channel Seven correctly I doubt it would happen again either.

So are you suggesting that anyone who has been found guilty of murder simply go in for rehab until the third offense, and then it is made public?

Don't move the goal posts. You were talking about deterrents. It's absurd to think that a lack of harsh punishments is seen as a green light by players to take drugs. Conversely, it's equally absurd to suggest that players will rethink their choices re: drug use because of potential harsh punishments. As my exaggerated analogy to murder conveyed.

You want them to remain anonymous and protected.

God forbid I'd prefer that players would not have their names dragged through the mud or their football career ruined because they partook in recreational drug use, or fell victim to addiction.

They will name the names, but what should happen is they are criminally charged.

Starting from the gimp who sold them, through to her insider at the clinic, and then finally the Directors of Channel Seven who authorised the purchase of them.

Oh okay, cheers.

I heard a bit of it on Ten news and then them mention it during the game tonight, and was wondering what was going to happen. So the injunction runs at out 12pm? What's the go there?

Do you really reckon she found them? I wonder whether she just happened to see the players at the clinic and went after proof.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't move the goal posts. You were talking about deterrents. It's absurd to think that a lack of harsh punishments is seen as a green light by players to take drugs. Conversely, it's equally absurd to suggest that players will rethink their choices re: drug use because of potential harsh punishments. As my exaggerated analogy to murder conveyed.

You bought murder into the equation, so if you're going to compare apples to oranges, don't get upset when the goal posts do in fact move.

God forbid I'd prefer that players would not have their names dragged through the mud or their football career ruined because they partook in recreational drug use, or fell victim to addiction.

Hey, if you do the crime....

With logic like the above, it will not be too long before we see an AFL player fall to a similar fate to that of ex-NBA'er Eddie Griffin this week. But then, of course, everyone will be crying for stronger deterrents, including you.

Highly classified files have appeared in the media a number of times in the past few years. Nobody has gone to jail. Can't see why the penalty would be applied for a privacy matter when it hasn't been applied there.

Anyone who believes the story about how these files 'happened' into this women's hands is an unambiguous fool and obviously still believes in Santa.

Consider this - any person of any social standing whatsoever will now reconsider seeking treatment of any kind for any affliction or addiction in case the files are leaked to the media.

Great result.

Anyone who believes the story about how these files 'happened' into this women's hands is an unambiguous fool and obviously still believes in Santa.

Consider this - any person of any social standing whatsoever will now reconsider seeking treatment of any kind for any affliction or addiction in case the files are leaked to the media.

Great result.

I am quite sure she did find them, with some help...seems a bit strange that she magically finds such files, I wonder how much Seven paid for them, and if there's a lawsuit on the horizon.

Can the club sue them? I am not sure about the laws and such...

Yeah how do you think that whole watergate story came about?

No one is going to get sued out of this other than the clinic that didn't secure these confidential papers in the way they are supposed to.

The whole 3 strikes system is a joke. This shit will keep happening until the system is fixed.

I hope ch.7 is forced to give up it's AFL coverage after this :D

Agreed. If they can get their hands on secret documents like this then how is it that they have failed to notice the 200 odd documents they would receive every day telling them how shit their coverage is?

You bought murder into the equation, so if you're going to compare apples to oranges, don't get upset when the goal posts do in fact move.

It's not apples and oranges when talking about the deterrent aspect.

With logic like the above, it will not be too long before we see an AFL player fall to a similar fate to that of ex-NBA'er Eddie Griffin this week. But then, of course, everyone will be crying for stronger deterrents, including you.

Griffin had problems with that perfectly legal and socially acceptable drug known as 'alcohol'. What's your point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back