Roast Channel Seven

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't stand the lack of replays on fox after a goal waiting for channel 7 to finish their ads. You pay premium for it and they advertise no ad break but really it is no benefit. Interstate coverage is very mediocre compared with games at etihad and the G

Fox Footy has a seperate show for 5th-rate "footy comedy" called After The Bounce - Channel 7 are merely cutting costs by incorporating it into their match day coverage.

If you love your footy then foxtel is just a must have. The 7 team has way to many irritating people on screen.

The foxtel half time and after game dissection is streets ahead of anything 7 offer

I just wish when Fox show 7s feed they would supply their own commentary. Actually I wish they would also supply their own choice of camera angles too.

I can't stand the lack of replays on fox after a goal waiting for channel 7 to finish their ads. You pay premium for it and they advertise no ad break but really it is no benefit. Interstate coverage is very mediocre compared with games at etihad and the G

Can't blame Fox for that, its 7 who refuse to show a replay while the ads are on denying Fox a chance to really say its uninterrupted coverage. 7s ability to frustrate and deny other networks is legendary. Would it really be hard for them to supply a replay so those watching on Fox can see one? Do they forget that those of us watching know channel 7 are being pricks and it may influence what we watch on the box at other times (it does me - really REALLY dislike ch 7). Would it really be so hard to try and foster some goodwill with the other networks and viewers.

do people remember back when 7 had complete rights to the game and 9 had the footy show (back when it was actually good)? They would not even sell footage to 9 for the footy show just to spite them. Say what you will about 9, fact is they would do a better job of the footy.

Both stations have their flaws, with the latest from draino calling zebeell 'JZ'! however ch7 have long made me cringe for the camera angles(either satellite or ant view) but more importantly for the commentary. Bruce and especially dennis go off on tangents for irrelevant topics(horses etc) for about 2 minutes which seems like an eternity. they are too close and need seperating imo. Then you have BT who thinks its still ok doing a call like MMM do as a blokey taint on all things. The problem is there is not that many 'good' callers around available esp some who are willing to leave there jobs now(quarters).

It also really annoys me how afl registered commentators/journo's seem to make simple factual errors when the general public seem up to date on these things. I mean how can you get the chris knights name wrong???????

Im not so mad about the SD v HD as i grew up with normal analogue tv's so to me it looks ok.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the thing that frustrated me the most was the drawn out sentences where there would be silence before the last word... and then the last word didnt at all fit the rest of the sentence. Cant stand hamish, did anyone see 'The Grill' on afl.com.au where Cotch names his fave commentator as hamish? surely he was taking the piss after the dog incident??
IIRC correctly Hamish and Cotch are good friends/know eachother well.

Can't afford foxtel :(

Got an Ipad? Got a mate with Foxtel? Sweet talk them into sharing their account with you.

I've given my user details to a mate so he can watch the games and footy shows on his iPad anywhere he wants on Foxtel Go. They've just added all the Fox Footy shows and all games live to their service. My mate said it works a treat.

call them up and tell them you want the ad breaks reinstated then

Got an Ipad? Got a mate with Foxtel? Sweet talk them into sharing their account with you.

I've given my user details to a mate so he can watch the games and footy shows on his iPad anywhere he wants on Foxtel Go. They've just added all the Fox Footy shows and all games live to their service. My mate said it works a treat.

I'm working on getting one soonish

That dropkick gives Richmond no respect at all. I'd rather listen to Breretons mindless dribble than that overrated pencil neck
You've got to ask- after listening to him on channel 10 for what, 3 years, how the hell did Channel Seven come to hire him?? Worse than Dwayne Russell IMO, and that is really saying something!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Channel Seven

Remove this Banner Ad

Back