Roast Channel Seven

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought it was bad both ways.

Tiggies was cringeworthy but he also called us "Port Power" at least 5 times before the game had even started! Then there's the constant name gaffs such as calling Boak (our captain ffs) Broadbent, Andrew Moore getting called Ollie Wines etc. Definitely wasn't biased towards any team, they're just shit in general. Talking up a comeback was simply to keep viewers tuned in rather than barracking.

"In 2009, clarification was given by the AFL regarding drop kicks (the ball touches the ground slightly before being kicked), meaning that drop kicks are not considered to be a correct disposal for the purposes of the holding the ball law. The clarification confirmed the convention that if the ball drops to the ground before being kicked, when there is prior opportunity, it is an incorrect disposal."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holding_the_ball

Thanks for that. It just seems weird to me that the drop kick gets pinged but the Dane Swan one doesn't, or that Port one that also seemed to just fall to the ground (although that was hard to see as the camera man was on a crane in Mt Gambier)

Thanks for that. It just seems weird to me that the drop kick gets pinged but the Dane Swan one doesn't, or that Port one that also seemed to just fall to the ground (although that was hard to see as the camera man was on a crane in Mt Gambier)

The Dane Swan one was just a terrible decision. I think the ump must have adjudicated that either it was knocked out by Lids' hands, or the tackle didn't 'stick'. Either way it was wrong, but it wasn't a question of whether the disposal was legal or not.

I thought it was bad both ways.

Tiggies was cringeworthy but he also called us "Port Power" at least 5 times before the game had even started! Then there's the constant name gaffs such as calling Boak (our captain ffs) Broadbent, Andrew Moore getting called Ollie Wines etc. Definitely wasn't biased towards any team, they're just shit in general. Talking up a comeback was simply to keep viewers tuned in rather than barracking.
Aren't you Port Power?

If you're a footy fan you gotta have Foxtel. It's not too hard to find 50 bucks a month and it's worth it. Although you do still have to deal with some spud commentators.

If you're a footy fan you gotta have Foxtel. It's not too hard to find 50 bucks a month and it's worth it. Although you do still have to deal with some spud commentators.

Doesn't matter. if seven telecast it your stuck with it because Fox just show a feed of the same footage.

Just watching the first quarter replay and Basil was just explaining how Riewoldt kicked 3 against North last weekend down in Hobart. I must have missed that. I thought we played Geelong last week, but at least now I know better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think during the coverage there were at least 2 references where they mixed up Port and Richmond because I can recall them saying richmond went down last week to North down in Tasmania and that Grima kept Jack to 3 goals. Pretty sure we played at the G and lost to Geelong but being the professionals they are, I probably imagined being at the game :rolleyes:

Channel 7's commentary is terrible. If nothing else, I wish another network (Nine or Ten) could cover some games and provide a bit of competition. With Seven being the only show in town, we are forced to listen to this awful garbage :thumbsdown:

Is there any petitions floating about - BT, rompingwins and quite a few more need to find alternative forms of employment.

That's the problem. It's not in HD because seven don't film it in HD.
True. It's SD uprated to 1080i so it's still slightly better and clearer than 7s crap.
I too believe that the analog pictures of the 70s to 90s was superior in picture quality to low def digital crap that 7 telecasts now.
It is disgusting!

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Channel Seven

Remove this Banner Ad

Back