Universal Love Charlie ‘Chook’ Constable

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no doubt that Constable can get his hands on the ball and that's what you'd expect from a guy who's an inside mid and generally around the action. But there has to be concerns around his endurance and apparent lack of positional versatility

Against the Eagles he played 51% game time, which was the lowest of any player other than first gamer Edwards who went off injured in the first half. If we account for his early exit, that was with just over 7 minutes to go on the clock, so if he played out those final 7 minutes, it still would have been less than 60% game time which doesn't seem great/ideal for someone not injured

This is his 3rd year at this level - is his endurance something that he can continue to work on & build, or is it more about trying to work on his versatility so he can say go forward rather than going to the bench?

RE the game time thing - KROCK suggested that a few mins before Chook got KOD that the Cats were out of rotations.

Now - and im speculating here - but its possible that if they were getting close to running out of them you'd keep some people on the bencj for longer periods.

As it turned out - Getting Chook off was the 81st rotation but it was allowed for injury sakes.

So if they were running out and 4 people had to be on the bench for longer its stands to reason that the bloke whom is the slowest or most one paced could be one of the 4 left on the pine in the scenario.

Not making excuses for him - just stating rotation facts from the game and 4 blokes had to be off for longer than others.

GO CAtters

RE the game time thing - KROCK suggested that a few mins before Chook got KOD that the Cats were out of rotations.

Now - and im speculating here - but its possible that if they were getting close to running out of them you'd keep some people on the bencj for longer periods.

As it turned out - Getting Chook off was the 81st rotation but it was allowed for injury sakes.

So if they were running out and 4 people had to be on the bench for longer its stands to reason that the bloke whom is the slowest or most one paced could be one of the 4 left on the pine in the scenario.

Not making excuses for him - just stating rotation facts from the game and 4 blokes had to be off for longer than others.

GO CAtters
Please stop with the sensible posts, Daz.

Please stop with the sensible posts, Daz.
sorry.... did i interupt a narrative?

(not yours btw)

GO Catters

GO CAtters
That makes an element of sense, except the only other person with less than 70% TOG was Parfitt with 68%, even Simpson who spent like 10 mins off getting his head fixed played 71%

He didn't get a possession during the last quarter, so maybe he actually spent most of that quarter on the bench - came on & was collected in that bump after not long on the ground. But still means a like a quarter of the game spent on the bench during the first 3 quarters

Not sure if there is a statistic for it or a way to track it, but it would be interesting to know how many times a player does go to the bench during the game - such as with Constable does he start each quarter on the bench before coming on after like 10 minutes

Certainly still seems on the outer

Is there any realistic argument that he's in our best 25 right now? Less games this year makes it really hard to give guys games when every game is important and there's less time to have the team gel. He's a bit unlucky that he got concussed when he did and Fogarty excelled in midfield. He's far more versatile than Constable so he's a much better option as a player 20-25 option.

I noted the "haha" emoji at the bottom of the quoted post.

If Bobby starts this sh*t again please advise me via PM. It will not be tolerated
It doesn't bother me, but if it bothers you then ok.
I do find the need to trawl back many years through threads to be extremely sad behaviour though.

But I did not do that.
I laughed at your post on this page
Don’t play dumb, we both know you have trawled back through an old Higgins v Greenwood argument. I saw the alert.
Constable is out of the side due to concussion.
Obviously have copped the full brunt of that since then.
Scarlett was emphatic. He was being kept out by Danger, Joel, Menegola and Guthrie. Joel got injured and he got games, has resumed his place outside the 22 now that the captain is fit. Far more likely to play Steven

Is there any realistic argument that he's in our best 25 right now? Less games this year makes it really hard to give guys games when every game is important and there's less time to have the team gel. He's a bit unlucky that he got concussed when he did and Fogarty excelled in midfield. He's far more versatile than Constable so he's a much better option as a player 20-25 option.

Pretty harsh.
Got ko'd in the last quarter a few weeks ago and was on track for another 19 disposals and 10+ contested possessions.
Seems to have no worries finding the footy. Is very basic with his usage is the worry.
Probably pick him over Steven whom many consider to be best 22.
Fogarty is hardly dominating either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hate to say it cause I'm a fan and ive pumped him up but there's no way he's coming back this year or possibly ever in Geelong colours.
Thought he took his very limited chances well though but it's the way it goes, we're a strong chance for the premiership.
Who knew Menegola and Guthrie would become AA ilk players?

Hate to say it cause I'm a fan and ive pumped him up but there's no way he's coming back this year or possibly ever in Geelong colours.
Thought he took his very limited chances well though but it's the way it goes, we're a strong chance for the premiership.
Who knew Menegola and Guthrie would become AA ilk players?
He may get another chance this week with Joel our but the big concern is still his endurance ...sadly I see him being traded personally

He may get another chance this week with Joel our but the big concern is still his endurance ...sadly I see him being traded personally
Not sure endurance is that big a problem. Just don't think they want him on the ground that much.
Didn't know Joel was out this week, so yeah this could be a slight chance for him against the bottom team. But probs not.
Don't think we'll try and trade him but he'll probably ask to go and we won't ask for too much back.
Shame. Only around 10 games.

Pretty harsh.
Got ko'd in the last quarter a few weeks ago and was on track for another 19 disposals and 10+ contested possessions.
Seems to have no worries finding the footy. Is very basic with his usage is the worry.
Probably pick him over Steven whom many consider to be best 22.
Fogarty is hardly dominating either.

Fogarty got as many centre clearances in half a game in midfield against North as Constable did playing 7 games as a full time mid last year. If Constable played that game we'd have never heard the end of it. Fogarty showed her can accumulate and win clearances just as well as Constable and his defensive game is far superior.

Constable did ok in his 2 games. But he can only play midfield and he's well down the list there. The option of playing Selwood in the centre and Fogarty on a flank is way better than Constable in the middle and shunting Selwood onto a flank. The reality is even Fogarty isn't in our best 22 right now.

And sure Steven's fitness is a work in progress. But he's also a 4x best and fairest winner and his best moments show if we can get him to full fitness by finals he'll be a major asset. If fit he's way ahead of any of our fringe players.

Fogarty got as many centre clearances in half a game in midfield against North as Constable did playing 7 games as a full time mid last year. If Constable played that game we'd have never heard the end of it. Fogarty showed her can accumulate and win clearances just as well as Constable and his defensive game is far superior.

Constable did ok in his 2 games. But he can only play midfield and he's well down the list there. The option of playing Selwood in the centre and Fogarty on a flank is way better than Constable in the middle and shunting Selwood onto a flank. The reality is even Fogarty isn't in our best 22 right now.

And sure Steven's fitness is a work in progress. But he's also a 4x best and fairest winner and his best moments show if we can get him to full fitness by finals he'll be a major asset. If fit he's way ahead of any of our fringe players.
You should post more often.

If he fit he should replace Selwood this week if Selwood has even the slightest issue - and thats been reported.

Get Chooka in.

GO Catters

Fogarty got as many centre clearances in half a game in midfield against North as Constable did playing 7 games as a full time mid last year.

But this is simply not true.
Fogarty got 4 clearances against North Melbourne.
The most Constable has managed was 5 against Melbourne last year.

I do agree with you that he lacks attributes to his game but given both players are the same age, more exposure for Fogarty (21 games), perhaps we see a better player after 20+ in Constable's case?
As for Steven, he's been very underwhelming to say the least. Averaging the same number of clearances as Constable and fewer disposals.

Quick question, does a centre clearance just count the person who got it out of square, or also the person who handballs it to the person who got it out.
If it doesn't, 90% of the time that is just a meaningless stat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back