Analysis Charlie Curnow Coleman watch 2023 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

It will be an amazing feat if achieved. I saw Jezza achieve it at the MCG in 1970. I was at VIC Park in the same year when Peter McKenna kicked 9 to reach 100. Definitely one of the great feats to witness.
McKenna inside 60 was glasses down.

I am guessing McKenna was pretty washed up by the time he came to Carlton? Maybe coming off a knee injury, or something?
36 goals in 11 games in 1977. It would get you a game now. A serious kidney injury ended his time at Collingwood. We lured him back but his heart wasn’t in it. He was a Collingwood man and that’s why we hate him.😂

He was a bit of a spunk, the girls went nuts for him. Even had a terrible pop song recorded. But man, could he thread a booming drop punt. How he ended up at Carlton belongs in the same X file as Barrot & Bedford.

Carlton plays GWS a day after the Adelaide-West Coast game in Round 24

So Charlie will know exactly how many goals he will need to win the Coleman (if he hasn’t already wrapped it up by then)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If Crows are out of finals contention they are going to be just feeding Tex

Hopefully McGovern plays and is the loose man in defence and thwarts most of those efforts. When he’s been in the team this season West Coast have been harder to score against.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

As frustrated as I get with umpiring sometimes, I don't usually buy into umpiring bias too much (there are certainly a couple of names who have had it in for us over the years), but it feels like the umps got suckered into the #FREEKICKCURNOW carry on during the week and had the big golf swing over-correction.
Was double and triple teamed all game and got 1 free, whilst giving away 4.
There was definitely more than one infringement against him.

I don't want special treatment. I just want him umpired to the same rules as everyone else (sounds ironic). That doesn't necessarily mean the same number of free kicks though. Some players are simply harder to defend legally and the big names just get more attention. That's just the way it is. They aren't umpired to different rules, but the umpires notice them more.
Buddy, Fev, Hawkins, Cameron, Riewoldt x 2, Lynch. They all get/got what some would consider preferential treatment, but they were all hard to stop and in the face of the umpires.

As frustrated as I get with umpiring sometimes, I don't usually buy into umpiring bias too much (there are certainly a couple of names who have had it in for us over the years), but it feels like the umps got suckered into the #FREEKICKCURNOW carry on during the week and had the big golf swing over-correction.
Was double and triple teamed all game and got 1 free, whilst giving away 4.
There was definitely more than one infringement against him.

I don't want special treatment. I just want him umpired to the same rules as everyone else (sounds ironic). That doesn't necessarily mean the same number of free kicks though. Some players are simply harder to defend legally and the big names just get more attention. That's just the way it is. They aren't umpired to different rules, but the umpires notice them more.
Buddy, Fev, Hawkins, Cameron, Riewoldt x 2, Lynch. They all get/got what some would consider preferential treatment, but they were all hard to stop and in the face of the umpires.
Dunno about Buddy getting preferential treatment, I reckon he gets hammered by the umps. I checked AFL tables, he is no 21 all time for frees against, the highest of any current player by a long way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He needs to be minimum 8 in front before next week.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

That would mean Walker only kicking 2 against Sydney. Charlie will kick something next week. Walker could kick 15 against the Eagles. Probably only Rotham or Oscar Allen available to play on him.

CC Only kicks goals against the weak sides

Trade
you'd have to think we could package harry & charlie up for 6 or 7 gws reserves players..........

Charlie is currently on 75 goals.

So, can we run onto the ground on Grand Final day?
"NO"

aAvwfHGS.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis Charlie Curnow Coleman watch 2023 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back