Analysis Charlie Curnow Coleman watch 2023 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems like the right thread for this. I’ve got our top 5 ever, in no order as Nicholls, Doull, Sticks, SOS and Jezza. I’m not being unreasonable in thinking that Charlie is very much en route to this sort of company reputation wise am I?

Not sure. Charlie might be as talented as any of them, but he is 26 and playing his 2nd really good season. His injuries might stop him from reaching those lofty heights.

Not sure. Charlie might be as talented as any of them, but he is 26 and playing his 2nd really good season. His injuries might stop him from reaching those lofty heights.
It’s a big if yeah, and he’d need a helluva lot to go his way. Just thinking though, this is the only 2nd full season he’s put together as a bloke older than 21 and won a Coleman last year while still working his way into things.

This year we’ve seen what he really is capable of with full confidence in his body and he really is the complete footballer in the air, on the ground, deep forward and further afield hitting targets. Given that as you said, he’ll start next season at 27 it’s a big ask to think it’ll happen but if he puts another 4-5 seasons together like this he’ll be in the conversation IMO. That’s how good his level is right now.

Leading by 8 going into the final round. If he gets his average of 3 per game, Tex would need 11 to equal, 12 to overtake. Surely West Coast don't let him do that!

2.1 for tex, facing weagles next week.

Charlie will know how much he leads by or needs before our game next weekend which is good. a buffer of 8 goals now should be enough if he kicks 2 next week, hoping he kicks a few more though.

2.1 for tex, facing weagles next week.

Charlie will know how much he leads by or needs before our game next weekend which is good. a buffer of 8 goals now should be enough if he kicks 2 next week, hoping he kicks a few more though.

No finals for Crows either. They might look for Tex at every turn but they don't have much to play for now. Hopefully McGovern holds up for the Eagles tomorrow and can stand Tex next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could have been worse though, Walker could have been playing * who just allowed Hogan to kick 9

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Not just 9 snags lol, that was peak Carey type stuff they allowed him to do. 24 touches and 17 marks, 6 of them contested, genuinely one of the best key forward statlines ever.

Tex a strong chance for 9-10. Would be surprised if he got more than that, but with both teams having nothing to play for, anything is possible.
If Tex does that, then Charlie should only need an average game of 2-3.

We'll know a few things by our game next week.
How many Tex kicks Sat night and if Charlie needs anything on Sunday night. Whether or not Saints have a chance to steal 5th and should have a pretty good idea by the time our game starts how the Swans are travelling. If 5th is sewn up by then, we can try to make sure he gets over the line, if needed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis Charlie Curnow Coleman watch 2023 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back