Toast Charlie Curnow signs on until 2029!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

“We’ve had a lot of players re-sign for the long term and their mindset is exactly the same as mine – let’s do this the right way, off the back of working hard for each other and for everyone we represent at this football club.

“It means so much to me to represent our guernsey. To wear that navy blue means we belong to something really special: there is no football club like ours, no fan base as passionate as ours and it is a privilege to represent Carlton each and every time I’m out there.”

Harry - are you listening ?

Thanks mate. I did hear end of next year for TDK a few months ago but wasn’t sure as Sam Edmund wrote this today.

”Curnow’s key forward partner Harry McKay is also out of contract and due to qualify for free agency next year, while young ruckman Tom De Koning has a contract that expires at the end of this season.”
That's a typo, or just plain wrong

So excited that Charlie has cemented his footy career as a Bagger such an
exciting and inspirational footballer, great news for the club.
Hopefully he’ll go on and do greater things with his team , Coleman and premierships are the next huge events
Go Blues

“We’ve had a lot of players re-sign for the long term and their mindset is exactly the same as mine – let’s do this the right way, off the back of working hard for each other and for everyone we represent at this football club.

“It means so much to me to represent our guernsey. To wear that navy blue means we belong to something really special: there is no football club like ours, no fan base as passionate as ours and it is a privilege to represent Carlton each and every time I’m out there.”

Harry hears ya. Harry don't care.

“It means so much to me to represent our guernsey. To wear that Navy Blue means we belong to something really special: there is no football club like ours, no fanbase as passionate as ours and it is a privilege to represent Carlton each and every time I’m out there.”

You know when he says this that he is being absolutely genuine and not just giving us the lines marketing gave him.

Why would you think Charlie would speak from the heart and not just trot out standard PR speak....?

image-6309365608112-755x432.jpg

:p

Awesome news. I suspect he took pretty decent unders too - he would understand the value of being a one club player and champion of Carlton long term. And we paid him pretty well in his last contract too from memory (though he wouldn't have got the full lot of it missing so much footy).

Harry might cost a touch more, but he's absolutely worth it. He hasn't touched his potential yet I feel. Look at what Tom Lynch is doing now, Harry is 5 years younger and is going to get better and better.

Great result that we enter 2023 only having to sign one of our big forwards.

Not necessarily talking about Charlie specifically, but using him as an example for something I have been curious about for a long time...

Let's say a footballer has been injured on a big contract for a few years...... When he re-signs, does he take unders in his next contract to 'even things out' or does he shrug his shoulders and say 'well, this is my current market value, that's what I want'.

More likely it depends on the player, the club, the salary cap etc etc. But generally speaking, would the club try to talk them down from the giant $$$ due to history?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like Charlie and before them Walsh and Weitering, I have no concerns of Harry leaving. Actually 0%.

My assumption is Cook would have over seen the key terms of the deal, using his Geelong experience to maintain star players. Hopefully that means the last 3 years are performanced base in case his knee does not hold up. Existing 1 + 6 extension is a huge commitment by the club

My assumption is Cook would have over seen the key terms of the deal, using his Geelong experience to maintain star players. Hopefully that means the last 3 years are performanced base in case his knee does not hold up. Existing 1 + 6 extension is a huge commitment by the club

Agree - I reckon B. Cook knows what he's doing.

My take - 4 year contract spread over 6 to smooth the salary cap with some injury/performance clauses in there.

I reckon Charlie knows he's been on a good earner when injured in previous years.

Quality guy and family !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Charlie Curnow signs on until 2029!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back