Toast Charlie Curnow signs on until 2029!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s great to see we have loyal players wanting to stay at Carlton.

We have now signed two Geelong products in Sam Walsh and Charlie Curnow to long-term deals. It was a worry they might have gone back to Geelong but then I remembered that they are both on the wrong side of 20.

Last edited:
"Charlie came to us a year before he needed to, said he wanted to play for this football club and was not interested in any other offers - that tells you everything you need to know about who he is" - Nick Austin
Love everything about this ❤️

"Charlie came to us a year before he needed to, said he wanted to play for this football club and was not interested in any other offers - that tells you everything you need to know about who he is" - Nick Austin

Contract is less per year than last contract. Took less for more years to keep team together, Cripps did same. H next

Bloody hell I love this kid.

Contract is less per year than last contract. Took less for more years to keep team together, Cripps did same. H next

Epic. I love that they are wanting to take less to keep more in the bank so that their team mates will sign. Crippa has set the tone and Charlie has followed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Epic. I love that they are wanting to take less to keep more in the bank so that their team mates will sign. Crippa has set the tone and Charlie has followed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Psychology at work. Now H will look like a dick if he doesn't do the same lol.

Psychology at work. Now H will look like a dick if he doesn't do the same lol.

Harry has been of this mindset for a while himself. I remember him saying that the players wanted to keep this group together and were well aware of what that would take months ago.

We have assembled a good group of leading players here who have a team first mentality, it bodes well for the future.

Wow. This is God tier effort.

If they all sign a bit under, as well as restructuring Gov, Williams etc, would think that leaves us room for one or two b+ players rather than playing in the bargain basement hoping to strike gold, you would think?

Harry has been of this mindset for a while himself. I remember him saying that the players wanted to keep this group together and were well aware of what that would take months ago.

We have assembled a good group of leading players here who have a team first mentality, it bodes well for the future.
It reminds me of the start of the dominant cats..

Very good Kulture...finally.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With this team first culture, you really can smell what the Blues and Brian are cooking for real now. Marketing was just way ahead of their time. 😆 My patience is going to fully be rewarded seeing us take the lead with most cups in the cabinet. 😊 (Sorry Dons)

Not allowed to re-structure Williams' contract, and Gov only has 1 more year.

Gov's contract was front ended massively. Won't be taking up much more than 450k next year. Ditto Martin. Don't know the exact numbers on Williams but his was skewed heavily to the front too. The work SOS did to get our cap where it is, will become incredibly clear over the next year or two. Put it this way, we won't be losing anyone pivotal for cup #17 for lack of cap space.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back