Player Watch Charlie Dean

Remove this Banner Ad

Dean will build. Has been at the club two years but hasn’t played at that pace and quality of opposition forwards before…

Pies KPDs didn’t look great vs Giants cause the selection committee left them high and dry…

Things will go similarly this week against swans unless they play all of Moore, Frampton and Dean

I thought he was okay considering.

Some of the delivery coming in, not even James Dean could’ve stopped them.

Not even Dean Cain in Superman regalia.

Dean was OK. Moore can play loose with Murphy and Howe covering. GWS sliced “us” open where there were mismatches all over the shop and they kicked straight much more often than “we” did.
Despite playing poorly had we kicked straight and applied the so called scoreboard pressure then who knows?

Moore can be a liability at times without the support of an experienced backline that we had in 2023.

Dean needs more games into him and “we” will struggle without at least one of Howe or Murphy at this point in time in my opinion.

Dean was OK. Moore can play loose with Murphy and Howe covering. GWS sliced “us” open where there were mismatches all over the shop and they kicked straight much more often than “we” did.
Despite playing poorly had we kicked straight and applied the so called scoreboard pressure then who knows?

Moore can be a liability at times without the support of an experienced backline that we had in 2023.

Dean needs more games into him and “we” will struggle without at least one of Howe or Murphy at this point in time in my opinion.
Murphy is a loss, Howe is great too but tends to like to play loose rather than on a direct opponent.'' What is the Moore solution then? Hard to imagine Fly omitting the captain. What other position could you 'hide'/play him in? Also what is hyphens role in defence going to look like throughout the season?

All the more reason not to drop Dean.

Hopefully Howe comes back this week to give the defence a bit more stability & experience.

And we know Frampton likes to stick to his opponent like glue.. 💁

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit of a tease really. Does a couple of nice things, then gets lost and doesn’t impact a marking contest that he should or gets pushed of the footy in a marking contest. He’s had a couple of tough weeks, as has the entire defensive group, with our inability to pressure GWS and Swans transition. Wouldn’t mind seeing him given more time.

I want to write him off or kick the crap out of him but he's played 2 games. I am far from an expert but I saw enough glimpses to say that by the end of the year he'll be a much better player. He looks nervous a bit and is being asked to play a lockdown role which probably doesn't suit him. It's only taken me 40 years to realise that writhing off a team or player after round 2 is a bit silly

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Charlie Dean

Remove this Banner Ad

Back