Toast Charlie Dixon Retires

Remove this Banner Ad

Our coaches overrate our fowards, because they only train against our defenders.

Our coaches overrate our defenders, because they only train against our forwards.

Port Meeting
Ken: Dixon are you wiling to play on, I know you want to play with ur cars
Dixon: ME big scary I can still play on, I need money for more cars
Ken: Ok, but will your body be fine as I will pick you no matter what
Dixon: Yes daddy
Physios: Dixon you literally have 10 broken bones in your fee...
Dixon: Jus, Jus, Just give me my money
Port board: YEAHHHHH
Ken: Another Contract for Dixon Now

Food Fail Thanksgivin GIF by evite

Can he play his next game with his motorbike? Its the only way he can get to the ball or chase down his opponent.

Let's play a guy who can't run and is barely serviceable in the H+A in the finals and see what happens for the LOLs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is my ‘WHAT IF’ moment regarding Charlie Dixon.
Every AO pre game ‘kick and a catch’. I especially watch Charlie and Chad having their 10 minute interaction. I know it’s only a ‘kick and a catch’ with no pressure but Charlie’s field kicking to Chad is, how I say it, sublime.
Charlie turns on his left and sends a beautifully weighted 40 metre right foot kick onto Chad’s chest. Chad does not have to move an inch and Charlie repeats this move over and over again.
My ‘what if’ is - should Charlie early in his Port career been tried as a CHB. We know his marking skills are there and with his, to me, pretty good field kicking he could have been a defensive doyen for Port.
Of course we will never know as Charlie will most probably at seasons end head off to his garage to keep vintage Holdens on the road.
Edit
I remember when Tim Evans came to Port as a CHB but Jack Cahill thought to himself and said “gee Timmy would make a great full forward”. Jack was on the money!

Last edited:
Watching him run after his opponent, he's like 10x slower than Dylan Williams. Absolutely does my head watching it and seeing how he was selected.

Between Dixon’s shambolic physical state and the hilariously overconfident ‘Connor’s hamstring is fine, you doomsayers!’ Showdown debacle, it makes you wonder if Hinkley bothers to seriously observe training.

That preseason mic’d up segment on Fox Footy just had him cracking jokes and bemoaning Butters(?) going in too hard, so there might be something to this.

This is my ‘WHAT IF’ moment regarding Charlie Dixon.
Every AO pre game ‘kick and a catch’. I especially watch Charlie and Chad having their 10 minute interaction. I know it’s only a ‘kick and a catch’ with no pressure but Charlie’s field kicking to Chad is, how I say it, sublime.
Charlie turns on his left and sends a beautifully weighted 40 metre right foot kick onto Chad’s chest. Chad does not have to move an inch and Charlie repeats this move over and over again.
My ‘what if’ is - should Charlie early in his Port career been tried as a CHB. We know his marking skills are there and with his, to me, pretty good field kicking he could have been a defensive doyen for Port.
Of course we will never know as Charlie will most probably at seasons end head off to his garage to keep vintage Holdens on the road.
Edit
I remember when Tim Evans came to Port as a CHB but Jack Cahill thought to himself and said “gee Timmy would make a great full forward”. Jack was on the money!

I was thrilled when we got him. From what I’d seen of him at the Suns, he was an athletic phenom who could get up and down the ground not unlike prime Tredrea, and his field kicking was right up there.

Could take an old-fashioned clunk, and his set shooting was very very good. The only question mark on his game was durability and longevity.

Granted the plan to use him in luxurious tandem with Schulz evaporated almost immediately, but i’m not sure increasingly pigeonholing him as a bash’n’crash pivot did him or us any favours in the long run.

I actually think we cooked him in the Cross Country Chuck period before he was the one arm up bash bollard.

Definitely a possibility. Some say there is still a network of trenches below the Adelaide Oval surface after he ploughed an endless furrow the night of the 2017 Elimination Final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Charlie Dixon Retires

Remove this Banner Ad

Back