Toast Tom Jonas Retires

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he was still reasonably serviceable in 2022, he was waning but he fell off a cliff in 2023. I think that is more on the club and timing. They clearly wanted Rozee or Butters to be the next captain, but neither were going to be ready for 2023. It was either go on one more year with Jonas or have someone like Wines as a stop gap.

The alternative would've been just as awkward.

I suggest reading it or listening to what Jonas has to say. The reaction on here is quite odd.

He was serviceable in 2022, but it was clear he was in decline. No issues with him playing on in 2023, but to retain the captaincy was the issue. It was clear in 2022 that he was not far from falling out of the 22.

Nothing against him personally, it would have been a group decision, and you'd expect the experienced coaching panel to make the call.

As I posted elsewhere, after 13 seasons with Port Tom had to go to a bush league to win his first senior Premiership. In years gone by thirteen seasons of senior footy at Alberton would have netted three or four Premierships. That shows how far we have slipped under Koch & Co.

Well done Tom a great photo, enjoy the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Tom Jonas Retires

Remove this Banner Ad

Back