Toast Charlie Dixon Retires

Remove this Banner Ad

I noticed he didn't thank the fans/members in his PAFC retirement article.
Gq26Gp7.jpg

Thanks for everything Charlie and wish you all the best in the future.

I dont agree with everything you said, but I do know you put 110% of yourself out there and when all is said and done thats the part Ill remember most.

Definitely going at the right time, but you will always be a Port man.

Beastmode in the 2017 EF. One of the most spectacular games I've seen from a Port player. He couldn't convert and we lost a knockout final at home. Sums us up really. Mouthing off to Norwood fans was class. Enjoy retirement Charlie.
That was the cross country chuck period where he was always too gassed to kick straight.

I noticed he didn't thank the fans/members in his PAFC retirement article.
Craig McRae today on SEN did his normal scheduled gig he does there weekly and at the end he wanted to thank the Collingwood fans for all their support this year and that he loves the club and he can't wait for next year.

When have you ever heard Ken Hinkley thank the fans let alone Dixon...

Craig McRae today on SEN did his normal scheduled gig he does there weekly and at the end he wanted to thank the Collingwood fans for all their support this year and that he loves the club and he can't wait for next year.

When have you ever heard Ken Hinkley thank the fans let alone Dixon...
Yeah, but what has he ever done?

Disparaging comments to supporters and his form the last two years has taken some gloss off, but damned if he wasn’t one of the best players to watch when in his prime.

Can’t ever accuse him of not giving it his all, just happened to be too emotionally tied to a coach who ultimately curtailed the potential heights of his career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was a beast at his best. Injury derailed him at his peak but he still rebounded to be an All Australian for the first time at 30. Irrespective of the result and his inaccurate kicking, I still think his performance in the 2017 EF is the best finals performance from a Power player ever. And despite what many here think, he's one guy who visibly gave his all every week and always looked broken in defeat. All the best and thanks for giving it your all Charlie.
3 goals 6 points resulting in an EF loss says it wasn’t.

It was a dominant display but lacked execution, his point blank running into goal check side point was the icing on the cake.

Thanks for your service, Charlie. You will forever remain in my mind as a cautionary tale to never hitch one's wagon to the epitome of mediocrity that is Hinkley.

Look players, you'd better love us fans unconditionally, even when we hurl abuse at you, your coach and your teammates. If you ever say the wrong thing when attempting to stand up for your coach and teammates, you will be dead to us.

This sorta attitude is why the club will ignore voices of dissent, because it's so unreasonable and short-sighted. You have every right to be annoyed at the comments he made years ago, you're very welcome to not like the guy if you want, but he ruined his body over many years for his team and our club. So ignoring all the good he did just because you've held a ridiculous and unhelpful grudge is cringeworthy.

Look players, you'd better love us fans unconditionally, even when we hurl abuse at you, your coach and your teammates. If you ever say the wrong thing when attempting to stand up for your coach and teammates, you will be dead to us.

This sorta attitude is why the club will ignore voices of dissent, because it's so unreasonable and short-sighted. You have every right to be annoyed at the comments he made years ago, you're very welcome to not like the guy if you want, but he ruined his body over many years for his team and our club. So ignoring all the good he did just because you've held a ridiculous and unhelpful grudge is cringeworthy.
BLOODY TRUE THIS!!

Beastmode in the 2017 EF. One of the most spectacular games I've seen from a Port player. He couldn't convert and we lost a knockout final at home. Sums us up really. Mouthing off to Norwood fans was class. Enjoy retirement Charlie.
Was gonna say this. One of the most incredible performances I've witnessed by a player live. Will sadly be remembered for him being absolutely gassed by the time he was marking the ball inside 50.

Hmmmm watching his highlights package made me look back more fondly at his time with us. Was a good player and servant, although the last 2 seasons weren't the most pleasant to watch, and his attitude towards the fans wasn't the best. Deep down I did feel a bit when the Bronx cheers came out in the qualifying final, but that's footy I suppose. Enjoy your retirement and cars.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Charlie Dixon Retires

Remove this Banner Ad

Back