News Charlie Dixon - Traded to . . . ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_m0t255pKb91r5cfgh.gif

Sweet !!!
Now they need to get his ankle right. An expensive bottle of Red Wine to celebrate Charlie ????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Injured again
Blighty reckons he's a 12-13 game a year player
I go backwards and forwards on this, but I just hope the Club has worked out his real worth
Well if we haven't, with every time he hobbles off, I reckon other teams are starting to. Wouldn't be surprised if offers are withdrawn or downgraded in the coming weeks. Good fill in for us whilst 2MP develops.

Injured again
I go backwards and forwards on this, but I just hope the Club has worked out his real worth
I'm with you on this one.

I'm starting to doubt Dixon's worth at all. Even in games he plays well in, he hurts his ankle. Today he had no impact on the game at all and still injured himself.

Just from memory from after the bye:
Subbed off against Carlton
Injured his ankle against North but wasn't subbed off
Subbed off against the Bulldogs
Didn't play against GWS due to dodgy ankle
Played well against Adelaide but was limping after the halftime break
Was limping heavily for half the game against Brisbane
Limping around with little to no impact on the game against Richmond

Every single game he's played in the second half of the season has involved him playing injured. He tends to recover alright during the week, but then reinjures himself during the next game.

Based on this, he's barely worth what he's currently on let alone whatever pay increase he's asking for.

He's a ****ing good player when he's not limping around, but without reconstructive surgery I can't see him ever playing any more than half a season's worth of games.

It's a tough one.

There's a lot of emotion with Charlie as "An Original", but I think we'll have to put that aside if he wants to go and accept he'll do some amazing things occasionally with his new team
The more losses we have due to our injury list the more I just want fit players next year

Injured again
I think we are the only ones privy to his full medical and that's why the offer appears significantly less than others. The real worry is that he gets subbed out and normally plays a week later. This is a 10 year old injury and you'd think the club would have had the right surgery done if you can. It looks like a permanent issue and if I was Charlie, I'd disappear for 3 weeks and then sign for 800K if it's still available.

you would say a 12-13 game player would only be worth a 2nd round pick surley;)

It's an interesting point, supporters such as yourself are perhaps backing away and I would think your club would be also, this works in our favour as if suitors back off our offer to stay starts to look mighty attractive

you would say a 12-13 game player would only be worth a 2nd round pick surley;)
Sellers Market. No need to Polec us. I'm sure Brisbane would snap him up in the PSD should a trade not be worked out with Port and meddling Ken. Would be a nice payback for the Polec fiasco to them. ;)

Will probably involve #7 and a swap of later round picks.

If they pay him 650k
Then he is worth pick 7
If anyone offers him 650k and 4 years and only gets 10games a season out of him.
Thats there problem for offering such a large contract and money.

you cant offer 650k and offer pick 40 because his injury prone..

Tell someone who cares.. Pick 7 thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back