Dayelsford vs Clunes - dayelsford by 6 goals
Dunnstown vs Hepburn - Hepburn by 10 goals
Gordon vs creswick - Gordon to get there first win 4 goals
Learmonth vs bungaree - bungaree by 12 goals
Newlyn vs illabrook - newlyn 100 points
Rokewood vs Ballan - Ballan by 4 goals
Springbank vs carngham-linton - springbank 8 goals
Waubra vs skipton - waubra by 6 goals

Beaufort vs Buninyong - Buninyong by 8 goals. Think they'll be miles too good. Injuries to the wrong cattle might hurt the Crows i think.
Daylesford vs Clunes - Daylesford by 6 goals. Should bounce back strongly as good sides do.
Dunnstown vs Hepburn - Hepburn by 10 goals. The Burras traditionally struggle against the Towners a bit but will be way too good this time around.
Gordon vs Creswick - Creswick to make it two in a row. Gordon are battling injuries and firness issues this year. A few of their players carrying a bit too much imo and Creswick a team on the up.
Learmonth vs Bungaree - Bungaree
Newlyn vs Illabarook - Newlyn by 20 goals. Will be looking to bounce back after a tough game last week.
Rokewood vs Ballan - Ballan by 2 goals. Ballan's form has been like a yoyo so far but I'll back them this week. Wouldn't be surprised to see a Rokewood win or Ballan giving them a flogging either
Springbank vs Carngham-linton - Springbank pretty comfortably I think. Maybe 7 or 8 goals
Waubra vs Skipton - Waubra by 15 goals. Skipton are competitive but not much more

Beaufort v BUNINYONG. 10 points. Beaufort to give a good contest at home but won't be good enough to win.
DAYLESFORD v Clunes. Dogs too strong at home in Adams brothers milestone game. 8 goals.
Dunnstown v HEPBURN. Will be cold and miserable out there and while Dunnstown have a good record against Hepburn they simply aren't good enough this season. 10 goals.
Gordon v CRESWICK. 6 points. Creswick much improved and full of confidence too much for a sinking Gordon.
Learmonth v BUNGAREE. Demons to romp home by 70 points. More if the weather doesn't turn too foul.
NEWLYN v Illabarook. Again, if the weather doesn't have much of a say the margin will be 3 figures.
ROKEWOOD v Ballan. 40 points. Rokewood forwards to have a picnic against an ordinary defence. Williams to catch a cold.
SPRINGBANK v Cargnham. Bankers by 6 goals at home. Knowles to kick a bag.
WAUBRA v Skipton. 10 goals. Few big ins for Waubra makes it a tough ask for Skipton.

Another interesting week gone.
5 rounds in and it looks extremely even in the 2012 premiership race.
For mine Hepburn look the team to beat, only a slight class above the rest however have Beaufort, Buninyong, Bungaree, Newlyn, Waubra, Springbank and Daylesford all breathing down thier neck. I reckon all of those 8 teams are able to be beat each other on their day.
Outside those 8 I think Creswick are probably the best of the rest and the only other team that could pinch a finals spot if everything goes right for them.
Clunes, Dunnstown and Gordon are probably the sides that fall into the dangerous bracket and could pinch a win or two against the better sides however won't be good enough to make the eight.
Skipton to be the best of the Lexton sides with Illabarook, although improved this year to go winless for the season.

Ballan vs newlyn - newlyn by 10 goals
Gordon vs clunes - Gordon by 2 goals
Carngham-linton vs rokewood - c-linton by 7 points
Bungaree vs beaufort - Bungaree by 3 goals
Creswick vs dunnstown - creswick by 4 goals
Skipton vs springbank - springbank by 10 goals
Buninyong vs daylesford - daylesford to get up in a close one for adams 250th
Hepburn vs waubra - Hepburn by 2 goals
Illabrook vs learmonth - illabrook by a goal

Few interesting results yesterday Bungaree flying, Hepburn big win over Waubra what do we make of that?, Creswick now look finals material and Bunny got over Daylesford.

Any match reports?

Beaufort gave up in the final term, really poor effort on thier behalf. The Interleague reps in Franc and Bones were terrible, barely touched it. Bunga did play very well second half tho, Josh Brown and Jackson Murphy absolutely unstoppable. Thought Kennelly was probably the Crows best but geez they really had 18 + passengers out there yesterday. They may struggle to make the eight if they put out too many more of those performances. Creswick are looking a real chance to sneak in now although not sure who they will displace in the eight if they do.

I read in the papers on Sunday that the CHFL was ranked 27th out of all the footy leagues in country Victoria. What are peoples thoughts on this?

I understand that because of the lack of interleague games played since 1997 it is difficult to rank, but with the BFL being ranked 3rd, and the influx of quality players from the BFL to bolster the strength of the CHFL it should be ranked much higher than 27th.

I read in the papers on Sunday that the CHFL was ranked 27th out of all the footy leagues in country Victoria. What are peoples thoughts on this?

I understand that because of the lack of interleague games played since 1997 it is difficult to rank, but with the BFL being ranked 3rd, and the influx of quality players from the BFL to bolster the strength of the CHFL it should be ranked much higher than 27th.

Who cares what it's ranked.
I couldn't give a rats ass what any league I've ever played in or followed is ranked or how it is perceived from outsiders.
CHFL is a fantastic community league. The support for most clubs is super. The fact it has 18 teams is a massive bonus. It is generally very even across the board, apart from maybe the 2 or 3 bottom sides each year. It has some great players either home grown or recruited into it. And it has a bucket load of youth playing through the senior ranks.
Let the suits label it 27th.
Irrelevant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who cares what it's ranked.
I couldn't give a rats ass what any league I've ever played in or followed is ranked or how it is perceived from outsiders.
CHFL is a fantastic community league. The support for most clubs is super. The fact it has 18 teams is a massive bonus. It is generally very even across the board, apart from maybe the 2 or 3 bottom sides each year. It has some great players either home grown or recruited into it. And it has a bucket load of youth playing through the senior ranks.
Let the suits label it 27th.
Irrelevant.

The fact that the CHFL is playing interleague again contradicts your opinion, it seems the majority want to pit themselves against other leagues to see where we stand. You're not wrong by saying it is a fantastic community league. But there are those out there who have ambition and want to play footy at the highest level they can, against the best opponents. If that means gaining recognition by playing interleague then so be it. I'm sure we'd all like to know where we stand in the scheme of things, and I personally believe that the CHFL is much better than some of those leagues above it in the rankings.

Heard Clunes had an opportunity to have Gordon's score wiped due to an interchange misunderstanding. In the true spirit of the game Clune's saw it for what it was, an unintentional mistake by a young Gordon player, and continued the game with scores intact.

A BIG thumbs up to Clunes for putting The spirit of the game before a hollow undeserved victory. It takes real strength to go through with these decisions and have the character to stand up for what you believe.

WELL DONE CLUNES you didn't win the game but you sure deserve some respect for sportsmanship

Heard Clunes had an opportunity to have Gordon's score wiped due to an interchange misunderstanding. In the true spirit of the game Clune's saw it for what it was, an unintentional mistake by a young Gordon player, and continued the game with scores intact.

A BIG thumbs up to Clunes for putting The spirit of the game before a hollow undeserved victory. It takes real strength to go through with these decisions and have the character to stand up for what you believe.

WELL DONE CLUNES you didn't win the game but you sure deserve some respect for sportsmanship

I am really interested in this.

A few years back I played in a game where my side thought that the opposition was playing with an extra man on the ground. Our playing coach asked the umpires to check it out and it turned out to be correct. It was due to a misunderstanding of the send off rule. Our coach was aware that the extra player hadnt had any impact on the score and hadnt been of a great advantage as it had only happened for a short period of time. Because of this he told the umpire that he wanted the score to remain the same and simply ensure the teams had the correct numbers on the ground. The umpire told our coach that he had no choice but to wipe the score of the opposition as it is what the rules stated. This created a quite spiteful atmosphere as the supporters of the opposition had absolutely no idea what was going on. They were abusing and branding our coach a cheat when in fact he had tried to act in a very sportsman like manner.

In the case of your league it sounds like it was handled with common sense

Went and watched the Ballan roadshow toddy and they are a 20 goal better side than last year ... Sure Williams is a gun but geez they have some movers around the the footy.
Got beat by experience I reckon in the end but at Waubra a great effort only going down by 10 points ...

If they keep the same game style that their coach has changed they could destroy some sides.

Terrier, what happened to this? Are the players that were recruited not as good as first thought? The players not adhering to the coaches game plan.

The coach was spruiking to lots of different people through the western suburbs over summer about how much he was getting paid and the $120k budget he had to bring success to Ballan....

Wonder how the committee are feeling about their expenditure now? Seems a lot of commitment from a football club, for not a lot of return...

Terrier, or any other ballan people want to explain what's happening?

Best of luck to the boys playing inter league this week. It is a fantastic honour to be ask to represent you league. Lets hope that all the clubs get behind the concept and see how high we can get in the ratings over the next few year.

Agreed dodgey, can't wait for the interleague this weekend. The CHFL is such a great league and hopefully it will show on the field this week.
Hepburn cop a lot of flack unnecessarily but anything they get this week is deserved, pathetic effort on thier behalf with their players who were selected in the initial squad. Honestly they should really have 6 or 7 players in the team this week so for all but one of them to be 'unavailable' doesn't say much for thier club at all.
Same goes for the 'superstar' at Daylesford

Final Squad of 25 has been named

Beaufort -
Louis Franc
Damian Day
Matt Begbie

Bungaree -
Marty Dufty
Shaun Finlayson
Jackson Murphy

Buninyong -
Jarrod Morgan

Carngham Linton -
Nathan Pring

Creswick -
Liam Hepworth

Daylesford -
Sebastian Walsh
Rob Rodgers

Dunnstown -
Sam Roache

Gordon -
Ash Munari
Mark Gunnell

Learmonth -
Brodrick Campbell

Hepburn -
Luke Mitchell

Newlyn -
Adam Sewell (C)
Tristan May
Ben Stott

Springbank -
Simon Quinlan
Luke Fisher
Tom Eltringham

Waubra -
Lee Brown
Ash Whelan
Leith Pellissier

Final Squad of 25 has been named

Beaufort -
Louis Franc
Damian Day
Matt Begbie

Bungaree -
Marty Dufty
Shaun Finlayson
Jackson Murphy

Buninyong -
Jarrod Morgan

Carngham Linton -
Nathan Pring

Creswick -
Liam Hepworth

Daylesford -
Sebastian Walsh
Rob Rodgers

Dunnstown -
Sam Roache

Gordon -
Ash Munari
Mark Gunnell

Learmonth -
Brodrick Campbell

Hepburn -
Luke Mitchell

Newlyn -
Adam Sewell (C)
Tristan May
Ben Stott

Springbank -
Simon Quinlan
Luke Fisher
Tom Eltringham

Waubra -
Lee Brown
Ash Whelan
Leith Pellissier

This side will get flogged by any decent league. If this is really the best the CHFL can offer then I can't see the league progressing very far from its current VCFL ranking of 27. Half the players named above wouldn't even get a senior game at the top half dozen clubs in leagues such as the Ballarat FL and Geelong FL.

I agree the 18 team comp is a great system and allows for traditional country footy rivalries, but don't let that misguide you to think the league is knocking on the door of widespread respectability.

Most people I speak to say that there's no depth of quality in the CHFL and after seeing this team I'd have to agree.

This side will get flogged by any decent league. If this is really the best the CHFL can offer then I can't see the league progressing very far from its current VCFL ranking of 27. Half the players named above wouldn't even get a senior game at the top half dozen clubs in leagues such as the Ballarat FL and Geelong FL.

I agree the 18 team comp is a great system and allows for traditional country footy rivalries, but don't let that misguide you to think the league is knocking on the door of widespread respectability.

Most people I speak to say that there's no depth of quality in the CHFL and after seeing this team I'd have to agree.

Like who??

Remove this Banner Ad

CHFL 2012 preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Back