Chick dumps on the Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Poor effort from the Hun. Really sad that this rubbish is printed 2 days before the GF.

How low can a 'newspaper' go?

Newspapers just do that, the problem with this story is not the timing its the fact that we have the Essendon stuff and now more chooks are coming home to roost, this will go beyond the GF , but it won't effect it.

The two teams playing this week are clean and champion sides.
Some reporter waited for a delicious time to bring it out. But it always was going to arrive on footballs door step! I think more than Chick are going to be talking too??

Newspapers just do that, the problem with this story is not the timing its the fact that we have the Essendon stuff and now more chooks are coming home to roost, this will go beyond the GF , but it won't effect it.

The two teams playing this week are clean and champion sides.
Some reporter waited for a delicious time to bring it out. But it always was going to arrive on footballs door step! I think more than Chick are going to be talking too??

Why more than Chick?

Not everyone wants to sell out their mates for cheap cash

Why more than Chick?

Not everyone wants to sell out their mates for cheap cash

Well saying "don't sell out your mates" , says it all.

Exactly what are they selling?

Do you see the point!?

They need to sell out, so this garbage is killed off.

If these guys want to be druggies and or addicts wait until you've retired!

I wonder what Ben Cousins parents may think about selling out , or maybe Chris Mainwaring's wife and children, I mean what the hell weakness s'
floats around these hero worshipped individuals, that just don't have the will power.

That is the problem not who wins a f*****g game. Or who sticks by a person who needs helping because they are addicted or depressed, but gets covered up and protected when he needs saving!!!!

His denying and protecting mates are just as liable and gutless.

Well saying "don't sell out your mates" , says it all.

Exactly what are they selling?

Do you see the point!?

They need to sell out, so this garbage is killed off.

If these guys want to be druggies and or addicts wait until you've retired!

I wonder what Ben Cousins parents may think about selling out , or maybe Chris Mainwaring's wife and children, I mean what the hell weakness s'
floats around these hero worshipped individuals, that just don't have the will power.

That is the problem not who wins a f*****g game. Or who sticks by a person who needs helping because they are addicted or depressed, but gets covered up and protected when he needs saving!!!!

His denying and protecting mates are just as liable and gutless.

And Chick's doing a great job by waiting 9 years after the fact:rolleyes:

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/news/afl-...ry-fni0fiyv-1227553023631#load-story-comments
Former Supreme Court judge Bill Gillard investigated the Eagles’ infamous drug culture in 2007, but his report to AFL commissioners has never been made public.

The report’s existence emerged on Thursday after the Herald Sun published sensational claims from former Eagle Daniel Chick of widespread prescription and pharmaceutical drug use in 2006.

West Coast said on Thursday neither the Gillard review nor the club’s own investigation had uncovered anything to support Chick’s claims.

But Mr Gillard told the Herald Sun that his terms of reference had not included in-competition use of prescription medication.

“There was no question of that at all,” he said.
Sir Humphery would be pleased with the terms of reference

Was Chick the one who had his place in Subiaco fire bombed by drug importers after he was arrested?

Of course that kind of thing is a big deal. It should be investigated, and I'm sure after the Cousin's saga, and the whole inquisition that followed, that it was. Jesus, it was 9 years ago though. Cousins was sanctioned, Chick was shown the door and the club had some very strict guidlines in terms of player behaviour placed on it and hasn't put a foot wrong since and in many ways has been the model club since that period in player education because of that experience.

I can't help but be a bit cynical in terms of the timing of the article, with the word of a man who doesn't have the cleanest reputation and was shoved out the door as a result, as a distraction to discredit our club, days before the Eagles play in a grand final against a big Vic club who isn't exactly squeaky clean.

A bit cynical...try a heckin'g whole lot cynical from my end.

So what do we have here:

- a story that the HUN has been sitting on for some time
- coming from the purveyor of all moral goodness in Panahi herself (who has very few if any footy connections)
- an ex player who is dumping on his club and ex teammates. In fact, he is making out the club to be negligent in its actions
- have I mentioned this is coming from Rita Panahi

There is an agenda being played out by the HUN. At the same time, I can see Chick lining up for a possible lawsuit against the AFL and WCE (can he still do so given it's been a decade since this played out?).

There is an agenda being played out by the HUN. At the same time, I can see Chick lining up for a possible lawsuit against the AFL and WCE (can he still do so given it's been a decade since this played out?).
The statement issued by the club would suggest it could be coming. I don't think chick will be at next year's premiership reunion.

It won't change the result mate. Who ever wins wins . These people are professionals! Media are at it all the time, remember when someone suggested in 1991 that Hawthorn was snorting something at the 1 and the half and 3 quarter time breaks?
It won't, but after a really tough year for the AFL, I'm annoyed that, during the greatest week of the year, with a potentially cracking game of attacking footy to decide the flag, that they think this is a good idea. Hope there is significant backlash for that hack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/news/afl-...ry-fni0fiyv-1227553023631#load-story-comments
Former Supreme Court judge Bill Gillard investigated the Eagles’ infamous drug culture in 2007, but his report to AFL commissioners has never been made public.

The report’s existence emerged on Thursday after the Herald Sun published sensational claims from former Eagle Daniel Chick of widespread prescription and pharmaceutical drug use in 2006.

West Coast said on Thursday neither the Gillard review nor the club’s own investigation had uncovered anything to support Chick’s claims.

But Mr Gillard told the Herald Sun that his terms of reference had not included in-competition use of prescription medication.

I would have thought that if Bill Gillards investigation cleared the Eagles of any wrong doing the AFL commissioners would have published the report, but i could be wrong.

Panahi is a pee and poo bandwagoner, it makes perfect sense she'd want this to come out right at this time to help her 'beloved' hawks.
How does this bullshit in the Hun help Hawthorn? This doesn't help anyone in the slightest.
If anything, it would help West Coast narrow their focus and block out all the distractions.

The front page of the Herald Sun is not Rita Panahi's personal blog or Big Footy account.
Why would News Limited want their paper to "help" Hawthorn defeat the Eagles ? F**kin hell….:rolleyes:

Yep, plain old revenge for being cut due to his questionable character and association with drugs is what clearly prompted this
Chick was cut after the 2007 season. Why would he wait EIGHT YEARS to get his "revenge"? Clearly he is not happy about his former club and has an axe to grind with them, but 8 years is a hell of a long cooling off period for a former disgruntled employee to start lobbing grenades.

I would normally add something like, "Think before you post" but you've never done that in all the years I've been reading these boards.

Last edited:
People are known to bear grudges for years. My guess is that he thinks right now is the best chance to get back at the people he believes did not do the right thing by him all those years ago.

That and the fact that Rita, a biased 'journalist' with an agenda (i.e. hawthorn bandwagoner), would've had something to say about the timing as well.

Andrew Demetriou at his slimiest best. Typical of his time at the top.

Protect the image of the game, sweep it under the carpet. Set up an inquiry but don't actually ask the questions. Then go to the public and say we've found no wrongdoing. Meanwhile behind closed doors they gently kick the Eagles arse, tell them to clean themselves up and make sure it doesn't happen again.

People are known to bear grudges for years. My guess is that he thinks right now is the best chance to get back at the people he believes did not do the right thing by him.
That would be John Worsfold who is about to be appointed as coach of Essendon. Chick apparently spoke to the Hun journos a few weeks ago, which is around the time when it was reported that Worsfold was sounded out by Essendon officials.

None of the people who were at West Coast in 2006 are still around in 2015. They have a new board of directors, new administration, new coaches, new players… Chick is not "getting back" at anyone at West Coast. He is getting back at the people who were in charge from 2005-07.

John the Pharmacist.

That and the fact that Rita, a biased 'journalist' with an agenda, would've had something to say about the timing as well.
The article was co-authored by Rita Panahi and Carly Crawford. You don't think you might be drawing a long bow about their motivation? Why would News Limited would allow the front page of their Melbourne paper to be co-opted by a Hawthorn fan to put the Eagles off their game? They're trying to sell papers. Maybe a juicy scandal during Grand Final week helps them sell an extra 50,000 copies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Chick dumps on the Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Back