Asia China's growing influence

Remove this Banner Ad

China bans its citizens from accessing information overseas it disagrees with.

Yes and censorship happens in all countries…
China asked Singapore how it deal with and protect itself from negative western media and propaganda.
Watch and understand this video …

China gives its citizens social scores with the aim for it to force people to act certain ways that old conservative men deem acceptable
As we do with laws.
As we do with credit rating and credit scores.
If you have an unpaid fine in China you can’t buy a train ticket …. Oh the humanity!!!

Chinas communist party has detained and imprisoned over 1 million uyghurs against their will. China also kidnaps people and sends them to re-education camps (or prisons) if they say something they dont like.
There is no real evidence of this other than a western campaign criticising Chinas treatment of Muslims which has magically stopped… spare me …
The USA, and Australia as its number 1 ally, has no authority to pass judgement on any other country on how it treats Muslim.
China has openly admitted to re-education camps…
We’ve put Muslims on islands indefinitely … the US have illegally bombed countless Muslim countries and set up torture camps.
The USA has funded Islamic extremism for decades.

Leaders of NATO nations have described China as a “decisive enabler” of Russia’s war on Ukraine in the sharpest criticism levelled yet by the alliance at Beijing over the conflict.

If they don’t give equal blame to India and Modi, whom the west are backing, for backing Putin then I ignore them

China has brought more people out of poverty in the last 40 years than any other country in history, whilst the so called leader of the western world, the USA, is putting more people into poverty. So much for freedom?
Technically it would be the British Empire with all that Industrial Revolution stuff that brought a lot of people out of poverty.

Huh? How far are we going back? To the invention of paper?
China just wouldn’t be where it is today without western capitalism using cheap Chinese labour to advance its own interests. Surely you are not denying this fact?

China just wouldn’t be where it is today without western capitalism using cheap Chinese labour to advance its own interests. Surely you are not denying this fact?

State owned and regulated Capitalism…

“in China the government controls the Capital, in the West the Capital owns the government”

Chinese labour costs have increased rapidly in the last 20 years and China is not considered cheap anymore.
Lots of manufacturing has been moved out of China.

State owned and regulated Capitalism…

“in China the government controls the Capital, in the West the Capital owns the government”

Chinese labour costs have increased rapidly in the last 20 years and China is not considered cheap anymore.
Lots of manufacturing has been moved out of China.
Read what I wrote again as nothing you have written responds to my point.
Again - china wouldn’t be where it is today without western capitalism using cheap Chinese labour.
There would be no manufacturing moving out of china as there wouldn’t have been anything there in the first place.

Read what I wrote again as nothing you have written responds to my point.
Again - china wouldn’t be where it is today without western capitalism using cheap Chinese labour.
There would be no manufacturing moving out of china as there wouldn’t have been anything there in the first place.
I’m adding to your point.
Western companies moving manufacturing to China for more profits is well known….

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The agreement has not been released in detail, but is said the PRC and the Philippines have reached some sort of deal wrt the Second Thomas Shoal. This will hopefully remove a point of potential escalation. The Philippines has been showing more spine under Marcos and run an effective PR campaign, often bringing PRC belligerence to light, in real time using social media. We will have to wait and see what it entails and if the parties stick to it.

Came across this one, another territorial claim by the peace and harmony loving Chinese Empire.

The agreement has not been released in detail, but is said the PRC and the Philippines have reached some sort of deal wrt the Second Thomas Shoal. This will hopefully remove a point of potential escalation. The Philippines has been showing more spine under Marcos and run an effective PR campaign, often bringing PRC belligerence to light, in real time using social media. We will have to wait and see what it entails and if the parties stick to it.

Nobody of intelligence believes Chian sticks by its word.
Look how many promises its broken in Hinh Kong since 1997.

Came across this one, another territorial claim by the peace and harmony loving Chinese Empire.
China can't be trusted on any level.

Interesting article from the Conversation suggesting China is going to need to choose a side between Russia and the West. The assertion it may choose the west is based on the fact it needs the West more for a number of reasons.

ASPI have evidence that the Chinese hackers Spamouflage have produced and promoted deep fake video's unflattering to President Marcos, which is also backed up by a campaign of local folks - which is covered in very considerable detail,

I had to have a chuckle because I remember when President Duarte bent over backyards for the PRC, and all the fools did was shaft him more. The world saw and took note, this is how the PRC treats a potential ally. One of their many own goals for which we must be thankful. Trust is the currency of diplomacy and with these actions the PRC proved they couldn't be trusted.

Interesting article from the Conversation suggesting China is going to need to choose a side between Russia and the West. The assertion it may choose the west is based on the fact it needs the West more for a number of reasons.
Interesting article,

But in mid-2024, Beijing sent more pandas to Spain and Vienna, as well as the US tech centre of California. President Xi Jinping also went on state visits to the US, Europe, Australia and New Zealand to mend ties with the west.

Xi went to the US in 2012, only the premier came to australia and NZ, the Euro visit was to Serbia, Hungary, and France(really the only 'west' country they could claim). I guess they don't expect people to click the links. Panda's but

I'll keep reading but throwing up massive errors in the opening section isn't exactly covering "they'll pick the west soon" thing

Hmmmmmmm

China has been reeling from a.......massive 288% debt-to-GDP ratio,
From statisia 88%, US at 98%
https://www.statista.com/statistics...na-in-relation-to-gross-domestic-product-gdp/

Oh they're including private debt as well, that would make every country blush. Bit of a cheap stat use without detail

However, there is one major flaw with Beijing’s economic growth strategy: it centres around exports, which relies heavily on western demand. While China has increased its exports to various regions across the world, almost 30% of its exports in 2023 were meant for the US and the EU.

Or in another sense the west depends on Chinese imports, we can't build it ourselves

As it stands, cracks are surfacing in Beijing’s export plans. In May 2024, the US raised tariffs on Chinese electric vehicles (EV) to 100%. The European Union followed suit by raising its own Chinese electric vehicle tariff from 17.4% to 37.6%, which comes on top of an existing 10% duty imposed on all Chinese electric vehicles coming into Europe

So EU and the US are increasing the trade war with China but they're definitely going to "choose the west". Absolute trash article tbh, can't believe it made it past the editor, pure propaganda

Last edited:
ASPI have evidence that the Chinese hackers Spamouflage have produced and promoted deep fake video's unflattering to President Marcos, which is also backed up by a campaign of local folks - which is covered in very considerable detail,

I had to have a chuckle because I remember when President Duarte bent over backyards for the PRC, and all the fools did was shaft him more. The world saw and took note, this is how the PRC treats a potential ally. One of their many own goals for which we must be thankful. Trust is the currency of diplomacy and with these actions the PRC proved they couldn't be trusted.
I don't know if I'd bring up the Philippines and getting shafted, the US ran an anti vax propaganda campaign which cost god knows how many lives, it also went global and sparked many international movements. US efforts to shaft the Chinese know no bounds

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/usa-covid-propaganda/
The military program started under former President Donald Trump and continued months into Joe Biden’s presidency, Reuters found – even after alarmed social media executives warned the new administration that the Pentagon had been trafficking in COVID misinformation. The Biden White House issued an edict in spring 2021 banning the anti-vax effort, which also disparaged vaccines produced by other rivals, and the Pentagon initiated an internal review, Reuters found.

Well said Adam Peaty.
The World Anti-doping Agency (Wada) said it was "not in a position to disprove" the conclusion made by the Chinada and opted not to appeal after consulting independent experts as well as external legal counsel.

An independent report has since found Wada did not show bias in its handling of the case and Chinese athletes were drug tested up to twice as much as other athletes in the run up to the Paris Games.

Lol, coping with the loss well then. They never raise it when they win, funny that

Remove this Banner Ad

Asia China's growing influence

Remove this Banner Ad

Back