Chris Davies - PAFC General Manager of Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Davies is arguably the biggest reason why Ken still has a job at the Club.

And you're also wrong in comparing Dodoro to CD. Dodoro is Essendon's list manager - the Port equivalent is Jason Cripps.

You can, but as of a few days ago, Port don't expect him to leave this off-season.
Yeah frak me I got them mixed up. Apologies.

Frak off Davies you are done

Anyone else hear CD on the radio earlier when quizzed about his future next year and being linked to Collingwood?

Reckon he is 100% gone.
Good we need a clean out. It’s been too stale for too long.

All in all he’s been a good operator, everyone has some fails, but has had more wins than not.

Time for a fresh approach through the football department, hopefully Ken and a bunch of the hanger-oner ex-players go with them.

Anyone else hear CD on the radio earlier when quizzed about his future next year and being linked to Collingwood?

Reckon he is 100% gone.
It was a Clayton's answer - I'm not going, when I'm going.

Talked about things not lasting forever and that everyone will leave at some stage.

Be interesting to see how Port responds if he goes. Whether he gets replaced or they restructure the footy department and bring in someone with a more specific role.

Be interesting to see how Port responds if he goes. Whether he gets replaced or they restructure the footy department and bring in someone with a more specific role.
It really depends what you want.

I'm not sure as CD really hasn't been Ken Hinkley's boss but more his minder.

If you want a real boss of the footy department, then you get an ex coach and hard nut like Neil Balme who is prepared to have a dispute with the coach. I reckon Davies has been told to mind Hinkley, rather than be his boss.

An ex player who has been involved in player management is an alternative background that is worth considering, as he would know how to handle players as well as know how the trade market functions.

Last edited:

I'm not sure he CD really been Ken Hinkley's boss but more his minder.

If you want a real boss of the footy department, then you get an ex coach and hard nut like Neil Balme who is prepared to have a dispute with the coach. I reckon Davies has been told to mind Hinkley, rather than be his boss.

An ex player who has been involved in player management is an alternative background that is worth considering, as he would know how to handle players as well as know how the trade market functions.

That's just weird. His minder? In what sense? I mean to paraphrase Luke Hodge, he's a 60 year old man, how does he need minding?

Otherwise yes, probably not Neil Balme for me but someone with a strong football background.

That's just weird. His minder? In what sense? I mean to paraphrase Luke Hodge, he's a 60 year old man, how does he need minding?
In the sense that Ken is protected and backed to the nth degree by Davies. Davies has been on the Footy Committee for 10 years. If he wanted to get rid of Hinkley he would have recommended to the board to do so. He hasn't.

I'm not sure he CD really been Ken Hinkley's boss but more his minder.

A winning background, not a living our best life background please.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the sense that Ken is protected and backed to the nth degree by Davies. Davies has been on the Footy Committee for 10 years. If he wanted to get rid of Hinkley he would have recommended to the board to do so. He hasn't.

Oh ok, I was imagining Chris following him around reminding him not to stick forks in electrical sockets or holding his face against sanding belts.

'Ken! Don't run with scissors!'

Remove this Banner Ad

Chris Davies - PAFC General Manager of Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Back