Chris Davies - PAFC General Manager of Football

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another "extensive" search no doubt, to find the best candidate right under our nose

I know he's pretty good in the list management stakes but if he wanted a career bump, I don't see why Jason Cripps couldn't do an outstanding job as Footy Boss. That's one internal promotion I'd actually be happy with.

I know he's pretty good in the list management stakes but if he wanted a career bump, I don't see why Jason Cripps couldn't do an outstanding job as Footy Boss. That's one internal promotion I'd actually be happy with.

What overlap in skillsets do you see between a head of football and a head of list management that make Cripps a great candidate ... even if we ignore the fact that he lives and works in Melbourne and is happy there.

I think CD has done a strong job in the role, its why the AFL/Collingwood are looking at him, but I get people feel he has stuck his flag in the ground next to Hinkley ... thats a different discussion which I suspect is harder to debate than the US election.

If he were to leave, as a startting point I'd still try to rip David Noble out of DJR, but suspect his career is now more in the sporting CEO space than head of footy. (I guess we could replace Richo with him :))

What overlap in skillsets do you see between a head of football and a head of list management that make Cripps a great candidate ... even if we ignore the fact that he lives and works in Melbourne and is happy there.

I think CD has done a strong job in the role, its why the AFL/Collingwood are looking at him, but I get people feel he has stuck his flag in the ground next to Hinkley ... thats a different discussion which I suspect is harder to debate than the US election.

If he were to leave, as a startting point I'd still try to rip David Noble out of DJR, but suspect his career is now more in the sporting CEO space than head of footy. (I guess we could replace Richo with him :))

Ever heard of Graham Wright?

Just one example of a guy who progressed from a recruiting/list management background into a footy boss role, with some success. You might recall Collingwood won a premiership with that structure.

Just one example of a guy who progressed from a recruiting/list management background into a footy boss role, with some success. You might recall Collingwood won a premiership with that structure.
What’s David Hutton doing these days

Brad Lloyd, Jason McCartney and Blair Hartley all current AFL Footy Bosses who came through the list management pipeline.

I have. I'm comfortable in my call/preference but accept you may differ, and that the lieklihood of getting someone in like Noble is remote.

Last edited:
If Russell Ebert can be captain and coach at the same time the great Ken Hinkley, the man who put Port Adelaide on the map, can be coach and footy operations manager at the same time. The era of Hinkley is only just beginning

Cripps health issues means he wont take CDs role. Doesnt need the BS day to day stress compared to building a list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Chris Davies - PAFC General Manager of Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Back