Chris Knights

Remove this Banner Ad

He spoke after the game. Had both his hips operated on over the preseason, so he's been behind the 8 ball plus he has has a few niggles since. If he can bob up as he did on the weekend and kick a couple a game we should be very happy until he regains fitness.

I was ready to have him dropped at half time. Wasn't a good first half at all, and the first of his goals, he got very lucky. Thought though that as the game continued he did improve a bit. If no one banged the door down in the SANFL, then give him another week IMO.

Did some OK things but so would any of our other players vying for a spot. Has lost any pace he had and the foot just isn't there and hasn't been for a couple of years. Still, he should get another couple of games at least to see if he can step it up a gear as it is a harsh assesment after one real game
After watching Kangaroos again , Bombers etc on weekend it is obvious that we are going to get left behind if we dont get more speed into our team along with mid fielders that are providing pressure all the time both in D and when own team in possession .
i am afraid that even at best Knights is not going to fit that role along with other mid fielders in our team .
And one of my favourite players fits that category now in Vince who just not prepared to work hard enough anymore .
As highlight in Tiser today we have been carried by 3 in midfield and with no run from defence and we are not going to be in top 3 when counts until we find them and add to team.
Martin onto wing showed might be able to help but needs to back it up.

Don't reckon Knights ever had that much pace did he? Knack for being in the right spot and finding space but not a burst player by any stretch.

An avenue to goal cannot be undervalued.

He was no speed demon, but he did have some good burst speed. WEll, he didn't look like he was running in quicksand anyway.

Doesn't get on the park, doesn't play well, can not find the ball, can not kick, can not handball, doesn't have pass, can not execute a drop punt and doesn't kick goals.

It seems some people on this board don't want him to succeed and will just move from one excuse to another after he proves you wrong.

Doesn't get on the park, doesn't play well, can not find the ball, can not kick, can not handball, doesn't have pass, can not execute a drop punt and doesn't kick goals.

It seems some people on this board don't want him to succeed and will just move from one excuse to another after he proves you wrong.
I will stand up and admit I am wrong if happens but will you.
Like your faith and hope wrong but there is such a thing as blind faith
Sellar -- Moran - etc etc etc

I will stand up and admit I am wrong if happens but will you.
Like your faith and hope wrong but there is such a thing as blind faith
Sellar -- Moran - etc etc etc

I never said Brad Moran was a good player and James Seller isn't embarrassing himself as a centre half back for the Dee's this season. If Chris Knights breaks down and doesn't play again, I'll admit I was wrong and feel for him but if we trade him and he plays at the same level as he did Saturday or better, we will be the loser out of any deal.

We may trade him but we will not gain something better in return. If we get a draft pick, it will only be luck of the draw if we obtain a player of higher standard.

he's a confidence player and must be given at least the next two. if he can't step up against Port and GWS, then fair enough we move on to the next player.

What do you mean "can't stand up", if he can replicate what he did Saturday will make is a much better side. He won his position on the ground, that's all you can ask for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We no longer rely on Knights, Dougo and Vince to be one of our better players.. They are now just role players who are certainly capable of playing great football at their best. It is a great position for our club to be in...

They are the barometer of our side.... If the three of them get back to their best, we will go deep into september. If they don't we are just going to make up the numbers...

And we need to pick up the quickest outside player we can in this years draft. Lewis Jetta clone would be perfect

I never said Brad Moran was a good player and James Seller isn't embarrassing himself as a centre half back for the Dee's this season. If Chris Knights breaks down and doesn't play again, I'll admit I was wrong and feel for him but if we trade him and he plays at the same level as he did Saturday or better, we will be the loser out of any deal.

We may trade him but we will not gain something better in return. If we get a draft pick, it will only be luck of the draw if we obtain a player of higher standard.

Why do people keep suggesting we trade him? He is an UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENT. If another team offers him a contract and he wants out, he is gone, regardless of whatever we may want to do with him. We are then left with whatever the AFL deems to be compensation, which I'm assuming will be more of a token value, rather than reflecting the departing players true worth in any way (although Knights would be worth bugger all at the moment anyway).

Personally, I'd love to see the guy regain some of the form we know he's capable of, and I'm certainly prepared to see him given a couple of more games to find it. It could be a huge weapon for us, and It's the best outcome for the Crows. People need to get trading him out of their heads, because Free Agency means it wont happen.

Despite a couple of howlers and looking a bit off the pace, I thought he did pretty well on Saturday. He was never going to come in and set the world on fire in his first full game back at AFL level.

People hoping for a 2009 reprisal from Knights are dreaming. If he scores two goals every game, then he's probably worth his place while, hopefully, he gets stronger and fitter. If he doesn't, then he needs to do a lot more around the ground to earn his spot. Not confident about that.

Knights has very good pace when up and about. Didn't look fit out there. Needs match fitness.

If he comes good as the Porpoise appears to be doing, we'll be a couple of goals better as a side.

I didn't get to see the Richmond game so I cant comment. I really think Knights is way too slow though. He was never very quick but the game is getting faster and I feel he's been left behind (literally).

I didn't get to see the Richmond game so I cant comment. I really think Knights is way too slow though. He was never very quick but the game is getting faster and I feel he's been left behind (literally).

He certainly appears slow. Where he is definitely slow is the movement from hand to foot!

This. Like Jaensch he mainly brings one skill to the table, his long range kicking. That seems to have diminished after his long run of injuries. On that game he deserves to stay in but unless he can find other ways to contribute on a consistent basis I'm not entirely sure he will keep his spot long term. He needs to understand his role in the new team structure and play within it. Hopefully he builds on this solid performance and becomes a major asset for us going into September.

Heard him interviewed - had hip issues last year; had to get operations on BOTH sides; so significant issues. Stated that he lost all power and drive, and his ability to kick with any power - also said its robbed him of confidence in his body and he was still getting back to where he thinks he should be.

He looked decent on the weekend, 7/10, but he needs his pace and kicking to be a gun, always picked player.

Hopefully he can get them back.

Seems like he's been around forever, but he's still only 25. He's shown that at his best he is a very very good AFL player and if he can get past his injury troubles then I think he's every chance of getting back to that level. I thought he did o.k on the weekend and I'd like to see us persist with him for a bit.

Heard him interviewed - had hip issues last year; had to get operations on BOTH sides; so significant issues. Stated that he lost all power and drive, and his ability to kick with any power - also said its robbed him of confidence in his body and he was still getting back to where he thinks he should be.

He looked decent on the weekend, 7/10, but he needs his pace and kicking to be a gun, always picked player.

Hopefully he can get them back.

So how much chance of this happening is there?

Remove this Banner Ad

Chris Knights

Remove this Banner Ad

Back