Chris Masten biting allegation

Remove this Banner Ad

How can you confirm it was Masten that bit him if true?
Anyone could have bitten him.

And from what I can see Masten has a mouth gaurd in the entire time.

It looks like Suban has hit in the face with a forearm then continued to shove forearm in face Masten has then bitten
him on the forearm.
So looks like Masten is gone.
I wonder if provocation in this instance by Suban will help him or not ?

How can you confirm it was Masten that bit him if true?
Anyone could have bitten him.

And from what I can see Masten has a mouth gaurd in the entire time.
Cause Suban gets up steaming and says he bit me.

Suban is a faux tough guy, schoolyard bully piece of shit who started it and deserved it, but you don't see that level of certainty for someone just trying to get the other guy in trouble. Wasn't like he went up to the ump between quarters after having some time to think, that reaction leads me to believe it unfolded exactly how it looks. Suban tackles, hits him (like a flog), tries to play the tough guy with his hands in Masto's face, Masto probably got him.

Plus Suban isn't smart enough to play some realistic con like that, he's literally a stack of bricks that somebody put boots near.

Yeah that's not a good photo from Masten's point of view - but the footage isn't exactly 100% conclusive that he did bite him. I guess the fact he reported to the ump straight away isn't going to help (especially if the ump confirms Subans arms was like that when he came up to him)

Yeah that's not a good photo from Masten's point of view - but the footage isn't exactly 100% conclusive that he did bite him. I guess the fact he reported to the ump straight away isn't going to help (especially if the ump confirms Subans arms was like that when he came up to him)
Masten has his mouth guard in so any marks would be bottom row of teeth only, but players don't get up that convinced that something happened without being certain. Suban wouldn't have been so adamant had it just been a scratch or something, his reaction is the most damning thing I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Masten has his mouth guard in so any marks would be bottom row of teeth only, but players don't get up that convinced that something happened without being certain. Suban wouldn't have been so adamant had it just been a scratch or something, his reaction is the most damning thing I think.

You can't really use reaction as proof though. Look how over sold some head high contact is.
You'd think some players had been shot.

I think the umpire will have a say if he saw marks, but then again you can argue... How do you know it was Masten and not say for example.. Priddis.
Did the umpire see it?

If not it's all circumstantial evidence and it would be a he said she said argument.

Edit: Obviously Suban is the she said.

Pretty natural response to clamp down on something that comes into your mouth, not that that will save him

You can't really use reaction as proof though. Look how over sold some head high contact is.

I think the umpire will have a say if he saw marks, but then again you can argue... How do you know it was Masten and not say for example.. Priddis.
Did the umpire see it?

If not it's all circumstantial evidence and it would be a he said she said argument.
Circumstantial evidence following a scrap where Suban's arms and hands were in the vicinity of Masten's mouth (which is entirely due to Suban being a campaigner) and where he got up adamant he was bitten, with a mark on his arm. Masto's gone.

Sure there's nothing conclusive but I'd be willing to bet a lot of money that he goes for it. I get defending Eagles players but it's not a great look no matter how provoked.

Did the umpire see it?

Edit: Obviously Suban is the she said.

So Suban saved a bite from earlier and is trying to rub Masten out?
Naturally you'd react strongly like he did if bitten like that.
The fact that there is a bite mark on his arm makes it not a he said but proof..

Also Mods, can we move this to either;

a) Umpiring, MRP, Tribunal and Rules
or
b) Scandals or Rumors.

Especially with the word 'Accused' in the title.

So Suban saved a bite from earlier and is trying to rub Masten out?
Naturally you'd react strongly like he did if bitten like that.
The fact that there is a bite mark on his arm makes it not a he said but proof..

I definitely I wouldn't put passed Suban.

I'm happy for the book to be thrown at Masten, though there should be absolute concrete proof that it was Masten and not sustained elsewhere.

Edit: Stranger things have happened, like a team injection regime with an attempt to cover it up by the licensee.

Suban got what he deserved with his classic off the ball hit tbh
**** the dockers hate sportsmanship...complete dog of a club.

Theyre pretty cut they're getting exposed tbh

If you're saving up a bite to try and rub someone out Suban would be smart enough to do it to Shuey or someone that the players and fans dislike. I'm sure Masten isn't going to run for mayor of Fremantle any time soon but I don't think he'd be on many Freo fans' lists of most hated Eagles. If you're trying to con a suspension just for the sake of it he'd have gone at Shuey off the ball and made the same accusation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Chris Masten biting allegation

Remove this Banner Ad

Back