Chris Masten biting allegation

Remove this Banner Ad

I have a beautiful set of teeth. As straight and white as money could buy.

Unfortunately though i think forearms have no place near peoples mouths.

Have a look at the footage of mike tyson deliberately biting evander holyfield. count how many seconds it took him to bite him. Compare that to master and suban. Suban got a scratch from putting his arm in a guys teeth, he wasnt bitten.
No point trying to reason with them mate, a person with as little integrity as suban could never possibly lie or exaggerate a situation, how dare you question him. If Masten really wanted to bit him i'm sure he would've taked a nice chunk out of the dirty f*ckers arm, I don't even think it'd be possible to properly bite down on someones arm in as little time a Masten had, a scrape across Masten's teeth seems much more likely given suban's arm was around Masten's face and the way that Masten struggled to get suban off of him.

No it's irony. Selecting a profile picture of a character who is depicted in film rallying his people to defense of their nation (ergo his club) but carrying on in this thread like the pretentious, spoiled actor who plays the character while displaying none of the characters heroic traits.

Nice attempt though petal.

Now that's irony! ;)

You can't say that. It could be seen as racist! Why risk it? ;)

Hang on...

Did you...

I see what you did there! This is about Goodes right? And the booing? ****ing brilliant, man. Just absolute genius comedy right there! Never done before, totally original, genius comedy...

Phew... Hope I see that one again!

What? That's why biting and spitting (and wiping blood on your opponent) are seen as such bad acts - because of the higher risk of spreading diseases and germs etc. All it takes is a small cut to spread something - so the force/severity of the act is pretty much irrelevant

And what sort of damage long term could a an elbow to to the head cause ? and inch either and what sort of long term injuries could Cripps suffer, pretty sure the force is relevant, elbow to the head like he did has just as much potential to cause serious injury, see it all the time away from the football field.

Pretty sure both are no better than each other, but the fact a lot of people seem to rate one higher than the other is staggering, both are poor.

There was a lady who called up Karl on 6pr.

Her comment was very calm and well delivered. Karl just got loud and aggressive. It was about how can Silvagni be deemed high impact? I actually 100% agree with her considering the outcome of bruising and based on other incidents deemed medium.

Anyway this is where the AFL and its parameters that have been set up don't allow flexibility.

There is no way that what Silvagni did can warrant high impact when we have basically seen car crash type collisions deemed medium.

I'm not saying he should've got less. He should've got 6 weeks.

Now Masten gets 2 weeks for being guilty of biting? That's clearly a case of being uncertain but wanting to stamp it out.

Intentional biting has to be given 4 weeks minimum. Silvagni 6 weeks minimum.

Good post, can't disagree with it.

Seems they really couldn't decide if it was deliberate or not but needed to ban him.

And what sort of damage long term could a an elbow to to the head cause ? and inch either and what sort of long term injuries could Cripps suffer, pretty sure the force is relevant, elbow to the head like he did has just as much potential to cause serious injury, see it all the time away from the football field.

Pretty sure both are no better than each other, but the fact a lot of people seem to rate one higher than the other is staggering, both are poor.

The Silvagni incident is worse in my book and that is how the MRP saw it too.

Remind me how much you beat Hawthorn by...and us...oh wait. ;) We only just lost to the Hawks but you guys got SMASHED. You are in a whole heap of trouble and your coach knows it.

And you smashed Gold Coast .,oh wait you couldn't even get over a cellar dweller like Gold coast.
Your not good enough,Kangaroos and bulldogs also smacked you.
The arrogance of you lot is sickening.

And you smashed Gold Coast .,oh wait you couldn't even get over a cellar dweller like Gold coast.
Your not good enough,Kangaroos and bulldogs also smacked you.
The arrogance of you lot is sickening.
You seem to be taking the derby loss quite poorly Salim.

I don't think the derby paints Freo as a poor side or definitively worse than ours- teams have lapses as we did against the Suns. This part of the season is all gamesmanship for the top sides, only finals matter from here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apples and oranges mate. Why bring the Silvagni incident in to this debate? Just because they both happened on the same day and in the same game doesn't mean they should be compared so easily

I just think anything that has to do with blood/spit should be looked at totally differently to an errant, high elbow or a knee because there is potential there for a lot worse than a broken/bruised jaw or a corked leg etc.

What if one or both players had hepatitis or anything else blood-borne? I doubt either do but if one did and the other caught it then the results could have been a lot worse. A mistimed bump/elbow can only do so much damage to someone at the time - anything blood/saliva related has the potential for far worse

Apples and oranges mate. Why bring the Silvagni incident in to this debate? Just because they both happened on the same day and in the same game doesn't mean they should be compared so easily

I just think anything that has to do with blood/spit should be looked at totally differently to an errant, high elbow or a knee because there is potential there for a lot worse than a broken/bruised jaw or a corked leg etc.

What if one or both players had hepatitis or anything else blood-borne? I doubt either do but if one did and the other caught it then the results could have been a lot worse. A mistimed bump/elbow can only do so much damage to someone at the time - anything blood/saliva related has the potential for far worse

Just replying to this statement from yourself - "so the force/severity of the act is pretty much irrelevant"

You can't be serious

So an elbow to the wrong place could not cause a brain injury or worse, a concussion from a miss timed elbow as you call it can cause all sorts of issues later in life,ask Greg Williams how he is going after head knocks, and wasn't exactly a little love tap, an inch either way and a major injury is possible, surely you can comprehend that, how many times have we seen it off the footy field from a silly mistake.

One is not worse than the other, both are ordinary displays,and both players have had brain fades.

Just replying to this statement from yourself - "so the force/severity of the act is pretty much irrelevant"

You can't be serious

So an elbow to the wrong place could not cause a brain injury or worse, a concussion from a miss timed elbow as you call it can cause all sorts of issues later in life,ask Greg Williams how he is going after head knocks, and wasn't exactly a little love tap, an inch either way and a major injury is possible, surely you can comprehend that, how many times have we seen it off the footy field from a silly mistake.

One is not worse than the other, both are ordinary displays,and both players have had brain fades.

That's multiple head knocks though, mate. One bite is all it takes for something to be transferred.

I see where you're coming from - an elbow could cause massive damage (Solomon on Ling) but I'd say it's very rare for one isolated incident to cause massive damage; it's generally multiple incidents to the same spot that will cause problems for an individual (Jono Brown etc.)

Good post, can't disagree with it.

Seems they really couldn't decide if it was deliberate or not but needed to ban him.
Yep, benefit of the doubt on the sentence but no way they could let him walk with broken skin. I'm sure if he really is the AFL's version of Suarez and he re-offends then he would be getting a massive ban.

I think the tribunal got this one 100% correct. Same with the Silvagni one.

Collingwood supporters have no teeth :)

seriously though, infections from bites are pretty disgusting and I feel it's even worse than eye gouging - it just can't exist in footy

next week we will be seeing the Hopoete
Don't be so melodramatic. He got 2 weeks. It may be disgusting, but it is not particularly dangerous. You're acting like he intentionally smashed someone in the head and almost broke his jaw.

The potential may be worse, but the likelihood is far lower. Someone could immediately die from an elbow to the head that hit the wrong spot, so the potential isn't even worse.

That's multiple head knocks though, mate. One bite is all it takes for something to be transferred.

I see where you're coming from - an elbow could cause massive damage (Solomon on Ling) but I'd say it's very rare for one isolated incident to cause massive damage; it's generally multiple incidents to the same spot that will cause problems for an individual (Jono Brown etc.)
How many issues on the playing field have occurred from biting or blood transfer? At any level of football?

Yep, benefit of the doubt on the sentence but no way they could let him walk with broken skin. I'm sure if he really is the AFL's version of Suarez and he re-offends then he would be getting a massive ban.

I think the tribunal got this one 100% correct. Same with the Silvagni one.

I kinda think so too.

Masten was provoked, he has a clean record and Suban will not miss games and not video footage. However it was still stupid and terrible look and had to get something. For WC, 2 games is still a big whack considering the importance of the next two games (although obviously this was not taken into account by the Tribunal).

Silvagni hit him high and it's a very dangerous act plus there was pretty good video footage. But if Cripps can get back to playing football again soon then maybe 4 is enough. I thought that maybe the two guys were about to make body contact but Silvagni completely overacted so it didn't come from completely no where.

Remove this Banner Ad

Chris Masten biting allegation

Remove this Banner Ad

Back