Roast Chris Scott: Worst Crowd in the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Jesus, they're milking the **** out of this story aren't they?
For anyone who has experienced crowds all around this country, this is laughable. Not to mention those who've been to football games overseas.
**** them I say. I hope they can keep this outrage going until our match next Saturday night and then they can refuel, maybe get a few more stories for the paper. Good times.

watched that on 360 on Thurs night...Hall was actually pretty good about it, saying the passion is a good thing, and generally having a laugh about it. Mooney was far more of a tosser, very straightfaced, saying he refuses to walk around the boundary ONLY at Subi because he cops it so badly.

I swear it was only a year or so ago the crowd was regarded as a bunch of of old grannys with no atmosphere

you have to wonder..

If the behaviour had an impact - why would you react like scott has - it is pretty obvious what wul happen next time they play in perth
They need to hand out Scott face masks for everyone in the crowd next time they are over here. 40k Scott's all yelling BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What happened to Scott's complaint to the AFL?

Has anyone else received a fine or reprimand in the mail from the MRP :D

I got a please explain....

I was seated near the Geelong rooms, and I clapped Hawkins off. I had no idea he had a concussion.

Apparently, 'it's like, if someone just got concussed, you don't clap'.

The commentators were complete morons during that Freo game yesterday.

Lauding the Freo crowd for their standing ovation of Griffiths as he was stretchered off. Which is exactly what happened with Hawkins.

Idiot shaw made a blunt point without naming names how certain crowds boo injured players.

He obviously didn't watch the game.

The commentators were complete morons during that Freo game yesterday.

Lauding the Freo crowd for their standing ovation of Griffiths as he was stretchered off. Which is exactly what happened with Hawkins.

Idiot shaw made a blunt point without naming names how certain crowds boo injured players.

He obviously didn't watch the game.
This is why commentators shouldn't voice their opinions

I got a please explain....

I was seated near the Geelong rooms, and I clapped Hawkins off. I had no idea he had a concussion.

Apparently, 'it's like, if someone just got concussed, you don't clap'.

Love the last line. I don't know why media keep asking second rate "celebrities" for their opinion on things they know nothing about. Gale should just keep her mouth shut or ask her toy boy what supporters do when an injured player is stretchered off. What an airhead.

What a disgusting supporter she must be if she doesn't clap for concussed players being taken from the ground.*
:thumbsdown:

*It is possible that she's just really, really stupid.

These idiots have asked for it. If you attack the club of a two team town all year, making outrageous claims against us, you're going to get a reaction.

And all these idiots whinging about it, are only making things worse for themselves. Just think what it's going to be like next time Scott or Darcy comes here, it's going to be like the colluseum.

Though No doubt they won't make any connection to the fact they've attacked our club at every opportunity and simply state it validates their ridiculous opinions.

Here is the response from Gale (read from the bottom):

Megan Gale@MeganKGale
@NickoRocks & personally witnessed.Sadly the context of what I said & the leading (or misleading) question was not included in the article.X

53m
Megan Gale@MeganKGale
@NickoRocks that pattersons stadium crowd was the worst for AFL games &what did I think.I answered truthfully based on what I've heard

54m
Megan Gale@MeganKGale
@NickoRocks & the new Rose Clinic opening in Perth in Sept.He was the one who asked me if I'd read the article saying that surveys showed

55m
Megan Gale@MeganKGale
@NickoRocks who play at Pattersons. The journo who interviewed me was a bit sneaky as they were there to interview me about breast cancer

56m
Megan Gale@MeganKGale
@NickoRocks collision. I also said in that interview that I wasn't there,just passing on what others had told me and feedback from people

57m
Megan Gale@MeganKGale
@NickoRocks Hi there. Im fully aware of clapping someone while theyre being taken off. I was referring to people cheering after the actual

And then:
Nick R@NickoRocks
@MeganKGale any trouble at Pattersons, whereas in Melbourne there are often fights/bad behaviour, but we get the bad rap because it is loud

52m
Nick R@NickoRocks
@MeganKGale unfair rap. When of course it is more hostile, it is 98% local supporters, whereas Melbourne is much more even. There is rarely

53m
Nick R@NickoRocks
@MeganKGale That doesn't sound like something a journalist would do... In all seriousness, I just think the Patterson's crowd is getting an

Response

Megan Gale@MeganKGale
@NickoRocks that it has earnt that reputation. xx

40m
Megan Gale@MeganKGale
@NickoRocks You are right though. Pattersons cops a bad rap &that was the whole point of the article he was telling me about. It's a shame

41m
Megan Gale@MeganKGale
@NickoRocks I should know better though as this kind of thing has happened before.

42m
Megan Gale@MeganKGale
@NickoRocks casually as a topical discussion as we're both from Perth. I didn't realise he would use my answers to stitch me up.

43m
Megan Gale@MeganKGale
@NickoRocks I have no reason to lie. He was only there to discuss the Rose Clinic with me and at the start of the interview brought it up

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Chris Scott: Worst Crowd in the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back