Traded Chris Yarran [to Richmond for Pick 19]

Remove this Banner Ad

Then why is he worth more than pick 19?

Because you can only assume that SOS has reason to believe that North's 17(in Bastinac trade apparently) and Hawthorn's 15 are in play.

SOS obviously feels he can get one of 12, 15 or 17. If he can't by tomorrow lunchtime, or earlier, he will accept 19.

Because you can only assume that SOS has reason to believe that North's 17(in Bastinac trade apparently) and Hawthorn's 15 are in play.

SOS obviously feels he can get one of 12, 15 or 17. If he can't by tomorrow lunchtime, or earlier, he will accept 19.

According to the Hun he knocked back 17 too

I'd love to see a poll taken of people who are not Carlton or Richmond fans, and see what the popular consensus is about Pick 19 being fair value for Chris.

I'm almost certain that supporters of 16 other clubs outside of Carlton and Richmond, would on the whole, agree that Carlton are living in a fantasy world expecting Pick 12, when Pick 19 is on the table right now.

In my mind, it is Carlton vs. 17 clubs, re value of Yarran.

Carlton were seemingly happy enough to take Pick 18 from the Hawks, or at the very least they didn't publicly come out and say they wouldn't take it. But because it's Richmond, it's "Pick 12 or nothing" for some reason.

The key to this, is that they're not declining Pick 19 because they don't value Pick 19, they're declining Pick 19 because the club that wants him have Pick 12. So it has nothing to do with Pick 19 not being fair and adequate, it's just Carlton wanting to have their cake and eat it too. :thumbsdown:

I'd love to see a poll taken of people who are not Carlton or Richmond fans, and see what the popular consensus is about Pick 19 being fair value for Chris.

I'm almost certain that supporters of 16 other clubs outside of Carlton and Richmond, would on the whole, agree that Carlton are living in a fantasy world expecting Pick 12, when Pick 19 is on the table right now.

Carlton were seemingly happy enough to take Pick 18 from the Hawks, or at the very least they didn't publicly come out and say they wouldn't take it. But because it's Richmond, it's "Pick 12 or nothing" for some reason.

The key to this, is that they're not declining Pick 19 because they don't value Pick 19, they're declining Pick 19 because the club that wants him have Pick 12. So it has nothing to do with Pick 19 not being fair and adequate, it's just Carlton wanting to have their cake and eat it too. :thumbsdown:
Yarran is worth pick 12 imo

However SOS not accepting #19 suggests he told Richmond what it would take to yield Yarran and they've completely ignored that. Instead trying to muster up something closer to what they believe his value to be.
How on earth do you know what Richmond have done? Were picks 13-18 ever obtainable for Richmond? Clearly they've explored their options and found they could play a role in the 3-way Dixon trade to land Pick 19. If that won't do then so be it.

It'll be very interesting to see what happens... does Richmond end up giving #12 knowing it's their only shot at Yarran this year and that they have another first rounder a few spots down the order... or do Carlton just accept #19 and be gone with it.
I'll be so mad at SOS if he accepts 19. So we get a slightly worse pick for him as a FA, we will have drawn a line in the sand.

According to the Hun he knocked back 17 too

Now, rf, re-read what you just wrote, and realise your error;)

and, even if he did knock back 17, he must have reason to believe he can get 15, and then maybe 12.

When the time comes that he doesn't see a chance of getting better than 19, he will take it. Simple really.

Mate, if the Brisbane Lions offered Carlton pick 2 for Chris Yarran, it would still be irrelevant, because a trade cannot be signed off unless the PLAYER agrees to move to said club.

This isn't a Jake Carlisle situation, where his preference is Saints, but would consider Hawks. Yarran has stated about 10 times now, that he will ONLY go to Richmond, so Richmond it is. And now it's come to light that he's even happy to sit out 2016 to get to the club of choice.

Also, in regards to not being paid in 2016 by Carlton, that's fine... Richmond will offer him a small-ish contract to get him over, giving Carlton a shit compo pick, and then we'll re-do his contract after the first year, and make sure he's compensated for the lack of pay in 2016.

Carlton's options are absolutely gone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll be so mad at SOS if he accepts 19. So we get a slightly worse pick for him as a FA, we will have drawn a line in the sand.
Unlikely we'll get band 1 or 2 for a player who'll take a year out of the system.

Generally #19 isn't a bad pick. The problem SOS has with it is no doubt with it turning into a mid 20s selection with all the academy picks (rort).

Your kidding. You'll get nothing. He'll sit out the year rather than play for the blues. You're such a bitter poster, Richmond have generously offered an end of first round compo pick for a player that will either quit footy for a year or play for Richmond. SOS is Dodoro 2.0

I can't see them being involved if Yarran isn't interested.

You see the only losers of this situation are going to be the blues if they don't accept pick 19.

If they don't, we walk away with 2 first rd picks to draft some good kids, the blues walk away with a player who's payment is included in their cap who will not play for them next year.

Although the blues are very good at losing these days so maybe they don't mind losing some more?

Would Yarran rather play with the reigning premiers, a top 4 team (North) or even with his mate Betts or stay at Carlton/take 12 months out of the game?

Mate, if the Brisbane Lions offered Carlton pick 2 for Chris Yarran, it would still be irrelevant, because a trade cannot be signed off unless the PLAYER agrees to move to said club.

This isn't a Jake Carlisle situation, where his preference is Saints, but would consider Hawks. Yarran has stated about 10 times now, that he will ONLY go to Richmond, so Richmond it is. And now it's come to light that he's even happy to sit out 2016 to get to the club of choice.

Also, in regards to not being paid in 2016 by Carlton, that's fine... Richmond will offer him a small-ish contract to get him over, giving Carlton a shit compo pick, and then we'll re-do his contract after the first year, and make sure he's compensated for the lack of pay in 2016.

Carlton's options are absolutely gone.

Dude, Yarran is contracted. He doesn't have the ND or PSD as an option. Sitting out the year and losing 400K is also not an option. If he wants out of Carlton, he MUST be traded.

If by Lunchtime tomorrow, his choice is Hawthorn or Carlton next year, what do you think he'll do?

No doubt his preference is Richmond. But if it's out of Hawthorn or Carlton at the crunch....he will accept.

Now, the Tigers can remove all this doubt. They have 12.

Interesting chess game being played.

SOS has 19 as insurance now, but is hoping for better.

Would Yarran rather play with the reigning premiers, a top 4 team (North) or even with his mate Betts or stay at Carlton/take 12 months out of the game?

The latter.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-...m=feed&utm_campaign=RSS+feed:+AFL+Latest+News

"It seems almost unfathomable that a fully fit player in his prime would sit out a season to get to his club of choice, but that's apparently what disgruntled Blue Chris Yarran is considering.

The Herald Sun reports the 24-year-old is so desperate become a Tiger that he could give the 2016 season a miss and join Richmond as a free agent.

"It’s a possible option," a source close to Yarran told the Herald Sun."

Amazing how many of you guys seem to not want him... yet here you all are.

HI-----LARIOUS.

:D

Why wouldn't I be here? It's one of the more entertaining threads on this board, and Richmond is involved in the deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Chris Yarran [to Richmond for Pick 19]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back