Past Chris Yarran

Remove this Banner Ad

And the kick up the backside he got from Mick last year had the desired result.
Get him signed quickly Swanny and Macca.

Loving watching Yarran play this year. Seems full of confidence and comfortable with his role in the side. I absolutely agree we have to give some credit to Mick.

It might need a thread all it's own?!.
What becomes of Jeff Garlett?.
Has child rearing done his head in ?,I know it did me!.
Can he find the desire?, can Mick find it for him and make some space,is there space?!.
God I have loved his mercurial goal kicking and running ability!.
When Eddie left,somehow his will deserted him:oops:

lets not kill off Jeffy yet. its not so long ago we were calling for Yaz's head and looking to trade him for a second rounder.
There is room for Jeffy, Yaz and Menz all playing well.
Do with Jeffy what we did with yaz, or at least are doing so far this season. Most of our problems are above the shoulders. At their best together, many a sleepless night would opposition coaches have. we should focus there.

lets not kill off Jeffy yet. its not so long ago we were calling for Yaz's head and looking to trade him for a second rounder.
There is room for Jeffy, Yaz and Menz all playing well.
Do with Jeffy what we did with yaz, or at least are doing so far this season. Most of our problems are above the shoulders. At their best together, many a sleepless night would opposition coaches have. we should focus there.
Exactly.

Jeffy has played some AA quality footy just last year where at the midway point of the year he was the AA small forward in most peoples mind. And that was under Mick.

It's definitely a head scratcher though to try and figure out what is exactly going wrong. We saw it in his first preseason game and his only real team performance was against the Eagles.

It's a tricky time too given he is out of contract.

Jeffy at his best is one of the best. He'll do the flashy stuff but equally he will be chasing and tackling.

Maybe Yazz needs to drag him along with him to Mick's place for dinner.

There's room for a Jeffy who wants to work to get the most out of his ability.

There's no room for a Jeffy who is soft, lazy and unaccountable, who isn't interested in sacrificing his game for the benefit of the team.

Unfortunately, we've seen a Jeffy very low on confidence thus far this season and that has lead to the latter being the case rather than the former. Needs to turn things around, because talent will only take you so far at the highest level. You have to want it....and right now it's hard to argue that he does.
Agree...though don't buy the low on confidence bit. Two weeks ago he had his best game in an age, worked hard both ways, kicked goals and created a few more. Just doesn't work hard enough consistently enough. Hasn't for a very long time.

One thing that really strikes me about Yaz atm, and this will sound weird, is the way he's speaking. Compare to even just 2 years ago, it's chalk and cheese. Just comes across now as an extremely confident young man, one that is very comfortable within himself both on and off the field

Love it

Last edited:
One thing that really strikes me about Yaz atm, and this will sound weird, is the way he's speaking. Compare to even just 24 years ago, it's chalk and cheese. Just comes across now as an extremely confident young man, one that is very comfortable within himself both on and off the field

Love it
:eek: How old is the guy?

One thing that really strikes me about Yaz atm, and this will sound weird, is the way he's speaking. Compare to even just 24 years ago, it's chalk and cheese. Just comes across now as an extremely confident young man, one that is very comfortable within himself both on and off the field

Love it

I'd expect most people speak differently now to what they did 24 years ago. Particularly those who weren't born yet. ;)

Left field, but can Garlett go down back? Would he have the ability to play Buckley's role, should Buckley push into midfield at some point? Perhaps it could give him the freedom to run and create. For a small forward it's either famine or feast, particularly when you're at the mercy of our midfield.

His tackling and defensive work has been a feature of his forward play, he is not awful overhead, and his closing speed could come in very handy. On the flip side, I probably wouldn't be comfortable with Jeff isolated one-out in the defensive goal square. Would he have the defensive accountability?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess Yaz has matured and having a partner is part of that. I'm really liking the way he is holding himself and speaking. I think when you have your confidence up everything else falls into place.

On Garlett, he is one of my fav players at the club and it makes me sad to think he is going through a slump as he was the player I was most looking forward to watching this year but that has changed to Buckley and Yaz. I still think Jeffy would benefit in putting on a bit more weight and muscle.

So when do we get to thank Michelle Trewartha personally?

I agree.
You'd have to think she's been a steadying influence on Yaz.
You could make a case that up until this year he possibly hadn't settled in Melbourne, but now with Michelle by his side he's playing his best and most consistent footy for the club.

One thing that really strikes me about Yaz atm, and this will sound weird, is the way he's speaking. Compare to even just 2 years ago, it's chalk and cheese. Just comes across now as an extremely confident young man, one that is very comfortable within himself both on and off the field

Love it

The one thing that strikes me about Yaz talking is that he hardly breathes and talks at a million miles an hour. I wonder if he has to apologise after having a conversation with Joey Montagna.

A consistant Yarran would be incredible. Until then he's an alright player at best.
A consistent Yarran would be Andrew McLeod like.

Ive been really impressed with Yazz, as others have said hes been one of our most consistent players this year. And the thing thats impressed me the most is that when we've been beaten badly, Yarran has continued trying.

I agree.
You'd have to think she's been a steadying influence on Yaz.
You could make a case that up until this year he possibly hadn't settled in Melbourne, but now with Michelle by his side he's playing his best and most consistent footy for the club.

I run like Yaz too if i have Michelle by my side, maybe not as fast, but i run :)

A consistant Yarran would be incredible. Until then he's an alright player at best.

Reckon he's a better than just alright.
Not that we would have won with him in the 22 against Collingwood, but we certainly missed his run on that horrible Friday night.
It's when you start hearing these comments from people in the media that you know he's a vital part of the team.

Has been our most consistent player this year. Best is classy enough to poll 18 votes in the AFLCA Award. Just five votes behind Dangerfield, Cotchin, Beams, Jones, Gibbs and Boak. Yet he's missed one game and went off against WC when he was on fire. Pretty good return for someone who isn't a mid.

Has been our most consistent player this year. Best is classy enough to poll 18 votes in the AFLCA Award. Just five votes behind Dangerfield, Cotchin, Beams, Jones, Gibbs and Boak. Yet he's missed one game and went off against WC when he was on fire. Pretty good return for someone who isn't a mid.

Reckon he'll play on Petrenko next week against the Crows.
Can't wait to see him light it up on the biggest stage in a couple of weeks.
He and Dangerfield will be entertaining to watch.

Reckon he'll play on Petrenko next week against the Crows.
Can't wait to see him light it up on the biggest stage in a couple of weeks.
He and Dangerfield will be entertaining to watch.

I'd hardly call a game against Adelaide in the Sunday twilight spot "the biggest stage", regardless of which stadium the game is played at. :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Past Chris Yarran

Remove this Banner Ad

Back