Past Chris Yarran

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon he'll play on Petrenko next week against the Crows.
Can't wait to see him light it up on the biggest stage in a couple of weeks.
He and Dangerfield will be entertaining to watch.
Petrenko just got omitted for tomorrow night so he'll have to do something to get recalled.

Wants to be known for his tackling first & flashy stuff second. Love it. It's finally fully clicking and he deserves every plaudit he receives.

Being dropped to the VFL and the kick up the arse by Mick had the desired result.
Yep. IMO his lowest point was the Freo game last year when he was clearly walking instead of running (but he wasn't alone that game).

Love Yazz. Could probably still be leading B&F after only missing 1 game given he has been good in almost every game this year.

Has been our most consistent player this year. Best is classy enough to poll 18 votes in the AFLCA Award. Just five votes behind Dangerfield, Cotchin, Beams, Jones, Gibbs and Boak. Yet he's missed one game and went off against WC when he was on fire. Pretty good return for someone who isn't a mid.
Why isnt he a mid?... Dont get me wrong I love seeing the bloke play well, and im not a poster who loves seeing him play badly to curse at him, I just get frustrated alot with him. But yes, he's getting better this year which is all we can ask.

how do we draft champion triplets, first, second and 3rd rounders??? :)
Something like that... and then we team all 3 of the Yarran boys up with the Carrazzo girls ;) make our own little eugenics program.

I wonder if we have any boys around the same age as Sticks' girls...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Left field, but can Garlett go down back? Would he have the ability to play Buckley's role, should Buckley push into midfield at some point? Perhaps it could give him the freedom to run and create. For a small forward it's either famine or feast, particularly when you're at the mercy of our midfield.

His tackling and defensive work has been a feature of his forward play, he is not awful overhead, and his closing speed could come in very handy. On the flip side, I probably wouldn't be comfortable with Jeff isolated one-out in the defensive goal square. Would he have the defensive accountability?

For everyone we have tried to swing back, and I think its everyone, this is one of the better suggestions. Someone commented (Mick I think) that Buckley plays well with space in front of him - as does Garlett.

If he were to be put into this role I would like to see him bulk up a bit.

Dangerfield and others would be faster, but I'm not sure there's many speedsters who have as many gears as Yarran. Once Yazz is clear, he appears to drop down a gear and do enough to keep his distance. Awareness and ability to sidestep players is up with the best.

Blue weaves his magic
''What can you say? Not too many people can do what he did with the gaps he had to try to run through and then still score the goal,'' Ratten said.

"I was at half-back and I just looked at Lachie Henderson and we just laughed at each other,'' Gibbs said.

''He does some things that you can't believe. But as it's going on in his career, it's just becoming more natural to him and he does that sort of thing at training as well.'
Blue weaves his magic

Fitness must be back after he suffered that turf toe injury two years ago.

Yeah he's definitely a gears kind of player. He generally gets around running off players in say, 2nd to 3rd gear, but occasionally you also see him light the burners and hit 4th... and it's just breathtaking to see.

I seem to remember around his draft time, some said his pace wasn't exactly lightning but was good enough that he could use it to good effect combined with his natural skill and class.

That may be somewhat true, in how he plays, but I think he DOES have an incredible explosive burst up his sleeve which we see now and again.

Report will be withdrawn, absolutely nothing in it.

He will get a harsher punishment from Mick and the boys about not having the vision and composure to spot Henderson all alone in the goal square when he missed his shot for goal.
Not this again...

Entitled to take the shot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past Chris Yarran

Remove this Banner Ad

Back