Past Chris Yarran

Remove this Banner Ad

He's been a shining light all season. I actually liked seeing aggression and passion from him - albeit misdirected and undisciplined. He's moving from those 10-12 possie games to 18-20 possie games and having a real influence. He's having the season we've all been mudlarking about for years.

it's just a shame a majority of the team isn't.

Percentage play was to hit up the player on his own, but he was entitles to have the shot.
Besides I'd rather he missed the odd shot than be too shit sacred to play instictively.

Having a ripper of a year. Avoids injury and has a ripper pre-season (touches wood), and we'll really see something next year.

He should be spoken to absolutely no doubt about it. He should of passed to Henderson for a certain goal..It's not about breaking balls but about having a consistent approach to playing the percentages. Something Carlton did very poorly yesterday.

Slippery conditions = play the percentages.

Yarran was far from alone in this regard though and he was great for 98% of the game.

Gibb's only getting 18 touches was far more disappointing in my eyes. He has been good in recent games but we afford such drastic drop offs against poor opposition.

Sadly it's always next year that we seem most interested in experiencing.

Yup starting to sound alarmingly like Richmond.

I honestly think the trick is to be continually building. Assess and reassess the list, admin and training structures with a view to how things will look in 3 years. Incremental improvements is the key. The truth is that no-one actually knows what the required standards to win a flag are, these things are only apparent in hindsight and only in relation to contempories at that point in time.

Yarran: "We need more composure"
At 23, and now 94 games into his senior career, Yarran is well within range of having his named etched into the No.13 locker, where he’ll share space with Vin Gardiner, Jack “Chooka” Howell, Graham Donaldson and Milham Hanna.

He acknowledges John Barker’s assistance for his steady progression as an elite footballer, Barker having firstly assisted as forward line coach, more recently as defensive coach. As he said: “John’s been a big help to me, but all the coaches have given me a lot of confidence to take the game on and back my skills."
Yarran: "We need more composure"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yarran really deserves a rap for his game on Friday since he ran himself to exhaustion to get us back into the game in the third quarter.

I know.

But those bloody flog commentators tried to make out as if Yaz was being lazy. Bruce said something like 'that second effort was terrible'...they just kept going on & on saying 'this is what holds yarran back' blah blah blah.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past Chris Yarran

Remove this Banner Ad

Back