Past Chris Yarran

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm surprised barker isn't being blamed for Tuohy going backwards.
Wondering if having the other 2 irish boys over is impacting him.
Does he perceive himself as their role model and is trying to be something he is not?

I also wondering if he is carrying an injury like most of our team.

I know.

But those bloody flog commentators tried to make out as if Yaz was being lazy. Bruce said something like 'that second effort was terrible'...they just kept going on & on saying 'this is what holds yarran back' blah blah blah.
Pretty sure they were referring to his tank. Not being able to run longer periods through the midfield which is true to an extent i spose.

Pretty sure they were referring to his tank. Not being able to run longer periods through the midfield which is true to an extent i spose.
Bruce had a go at him for his lack of second effort. And Harley jumped on board and dug the boots in.

My point was they didn't say he was stuffed because he was pivotal in our fight back. They made out as if he was stuffed because he is unfit.

Yarran's fitness is still a issue for him for sure but it's not through lack of trying.

this is what I meant.

They were acting as if he was back to his walking ways of last year.

there's a difference between being stuffed because you've been running your arse off & being stuffed because you're lazy and unfit.

The AFL's best players to watch: Wingard, Motlop, Dangerfield
Floating across the turf, Motlop has the ability to score from any ridiculous angle. But what I find myself appreciating more than that is his ability to hit a target by foot when running at top pace.

I place Chris Yarran in the same boat. Running and bouncing off half-back in particular, effortlessly putting metres between him and those that gallantly give chase, he's always making it look so frustratingly easy.
The AFL's best players to watch: Wingard, Motlop, Dangerfield

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely sublimely talented player.

He was already becoming a very good player under Ratts, but more for his obvious offensive powers. I never thought he'd develop this defensive side and level of concentration.

Absolutely sublimely talented player.

He was already becoming a very good player under Ratts, but more for his obvious offensive powers. I never thought he'd develop this defensive side and level of concentration.

Exactly. We always knew how good Yazz could be with the ball, but I'm loving how good he is without the ball. Kept Elliott to 0 touches in the second before he was subbed in the third.

Hughes should have picked Rich...

Lucas puts on 6kg of muscle and becomes a running brute.
Watson loses 5 kgs. and becomes the leagues leading third tall with the best boot in the comp.
Bootsma has finally got his head together, is rookied by us next year and is the revelation of 2015

Operation Get Hughes begins.............:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Past Chris Yarran

Remove this Banner Ad

Back