Chris Yarran

Remove this Banner Ad

As much as I hate to say this, and I pray that my information is wrong but I was told last weekend that Davis is a very good chance to be in the purple next year. This was told to me by someone close to Davis.

surely harves is smarter than this..if mick can't make him perform in big games i dont know many others out there who could

So because Carlton can't pick decent players for shit and grossly overexaggerate his worth 2 years ago, that somehow makes him a decent player now?

He's an undisciplined, soft, lazy frontrunner. The ability to pull the occasional goal out of your arse does not a quality AFL player make. I don't think he's beyond hope, but he's a long way from it atm.

I'm not saying he's a gun, but I don't think Carlton over rated him by 2 rounds. He may not be the best fit for us anyways, so we'll see how things go down.

Let's delist Des, and trade in Neon Leon. It wouldn't feel right without a talented list clogger who disappears when it matters, on our list.

Seriously, unless they're a young, talented up and comer, I'd only take a player that fills an immediate need, or pick.

No thanks.

Betts & Garlett are miles ahead of him.
Medhurst - No way in hell thanks, he had his chances. He's over the hill and beyond his best.
Carl Peterson - Would be great, however players can't be traded after just 1 year in the AFL system I think. they need to at least serve their initial contract (if he's primarily listed).
Davis - not really keen, would have been good maybe 2 years ago, or earlier of course but he's past it now.

Picks are the way to go.

Tarrant + 2nd rounder for Yarran + 4th rounder would probably be closer to even but then I doubt Carlton would trade Yarran unless they had too.

Seriously guys, Tarrant (30 years old) + your first rounder (@20 odd) wouldnt come close to getting it done in a straight swap.

Yarrans 19 and one of the best kicks (if not the best kick) in our side.

He builds a tank to go with his manchild body and look out.

Our recruiters rated him at #2 in the 2008 draft, he has just inked a 2 year extension, and from all accounts loves playing with WA boys Gartlett, Armfield and Betts.

If we are chasing Tarrant, its more likely going to be a second rounder on the table or PSD.

He's gap filler for 2 years at best, and leaving anyways.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yarran would be nice but this is far from reality. If it was Jacobs or Hampson plus an up grade on a pick (their 2nd for our 3rd?)then we are getting close.

Your NUTS

A player who has been injured most of the year and is 30 is worth an upgraded pick and a quality ruckman who has 5-10 years left. (Plus neither would be too happy moving to Perth, one is from Queensland & 1 is from SA he is also rumored to want to go back to SA, and Carlton won't trade BOTH)

Give me the last 30 year old player who got a deal like that for there team?? No matter which team it is Freo will get a 2nd or 3rd round pick and POSSIBLY a fringe player, and you should take it, or you will get nothing.

Your NUTS

A player who has been injured most of the year and is 30 is worth an upgraded pick and a quality ruckman who has 5-10 years left. (Plus neither would be too happy moving to Perth, one is from Queensland & 1 is from SA he is also rumored to want to go back to SA, and Carlton won't trade BOTH)

Give me the last 30 year old player who got a deal like that for there team?? No matter which team it is Freo will get a 2nd or 3rd round pick and POSSIBLY a fringe player, and you should take it, or you will get nothing.

I seem to have heard that somewhere before.
Also, Tarrant is 4 months older than Fevola, who you guys managed to screw the Lions for. Would argue Tarrant is better value, eg actually plays for the team, has played good footy recently, and is not a selfish head case

Screw Yarran, Garlett is better.

And please dont talk about Steven Browne this year, he is about to be delisted.

What about Taz and Palmer for Yarran and Hampson or Yarran and Browne?

I think you would want Hampson more than Browne :eek:

Would Palmer come anywhere near getting a game at Carlton.

As posted earlier Yarran only just signed a new deal with Carlton so he won't be going anywhere.

Carlton get screwed here-
Tarrant < Hampson - Hampson is a young ruckman plenty more years to come. Could be almost anything ruckman or Forward. Could also end up being nothing. He has massive trade value to teams like Adelaide, Port & Hawks who need a ruckman. Would be close to number 1 at these clubs. Taz is injured 30 year old KP. Age is a major negative here for Carlton.

Yarran > Palmer - Very similar. However Palmer has fallen completely out of favor at Freo and Yarran hasn't. They are equal in terms of career, but Yarran would play 22 games for you next year, how many would Palmer play for Carlton?

I seem to have heard that somewhere before.
Also, Tarrant is 4 months older than Fevola, who you guys managed to screw the Lions for. Would argue Tarrant is better value, eg actually plays for the team, has played good footy recently, and is not a selfish head case

Correct. Brisbane paid way too much for Fev (trade and Salary), however Fev love him or hate him he is an out and out SUPER STAR. Tarrant isn't. Fev could/can win matches of his own boot. Tarrant is a good servicable defender. Would Tarrant give Carlton anymore members? NO. Did Fev give the Lions more members? YES. Fev also provides a huge marketing profile.

The initial offer of Bradshaw (similar age to Fev) and Ritchelli(sp?) (who was only serviceable at the time just an acknowledgment that we where upgrading bradshaw) was closer to the mark. But Brisbane couldn't get there players to agree, got nervous and got it done at all costs!!

Tarrant played good footy 12 months ago, Fev's good footy was only weeks before the trade was made.

Yarran is very highly rated at Carlton. Unless he requested a trade we wouldn't even think about getting rid of him.

I wouldn't trade him in a straight swap for mundy....and I love Mundy.

Yarran upside is far too high. He has the potenial to be as good as neon was in 09 (regular season) for the rest of his career.

Correct. Brisbane paid way too much for Fev (trade and Salary), however Fev love him or hate him he is an out and out SUPER STAR. Tarrant isn't. Fev could/can win matches of his own boot. Tarrant is a good servicable defender. Would Tarrant give Carlton anymore members? NO. Did Fev give the Lions more members? YES. Fev also provides a huge marketing profile.

The initial offer of Bradshaw (similar age to Fev) and Ritchelli(sp?) (who was only serviceable at the time just an acknowledgment that we where upgrading bradshaw) was closer to the mark. But Brisbane couldn't get there players to agree, got nervous and got it done at all costs!!

Tarrant played good footy 12 months ago, Fev's good footy was only weeks before the trade was made.

i think you overrate fev and devalue tarrant here (who played pretty well on fev this season for someone who "hasnt done anything for 12 months"). taz was a big part of the reason we got off to such a flier this year and while i agree he isnt worth yarran.. even when packaged with a pick, anything under a second rounder in this compromised draft would be daylight robbery

chris yarran to freo? a lazy, down hill skiier with no ties to fremantle and would cost us a fortune

hmmm let me think about that.....................

Deal-or-No-Dice.jpg

NO DICE!!!!!!!!!

Walters > Yarran.

Better kick, better deffensive pressure. Yarran would be a depth player at the moment...not that there's any way Yarran's leaving the Blues.

Silly rumour.

Remove this Banner Ad

Chris Yarran

Remove this Banner Ad

Back