Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry, can you link me to where Carlton have said anything about this?

Just the supporters falling over themselves to get him. You have your stars, go take care of other areas. If you bring in Houston there seriously has to be a salary cap investigation...again.

Carlton would be rolling the biggest of dice trading McKay for Petracca. If Curnow goes down their season is gone.

Just the supporters falling over themselves to get him. You have your stars, go take care of other areas. If you bring in Houston there seriously has to be a salary cap investigation...again.

This thread is about Petracca, not Houston.

Seems you just wanted to have a go at Carlton, and you can do that elsewhere.

If it’s McKay I’m doing it and running before Melbourne come to their senses
McKay for Petracca seems like the perfect fit. Dee's need a tall forward and Blues need a ln explosive mid that's the opposite to the one's they have. Both on similar contracts too.
Not with Carlton's injury list. It would be one of the dumbest moves Carlton can do to trade out a KPF for a player coming back from a massive accident with their injury-prone list. They're in their premiership window now. Petracca probably won't be at his best next year and is more likely to re-injure himself.

Collingwood do not have the trade capital so that rules them out.

Hawthorn IMO is the best option for Petracca, but I don't see Hawthorn willing to give up what Melbourne will ask for.

Essendon better not be in the conversation. There'll be a riot at Tullamarine if we yet again attempt a short-term quick fix.

Not with Carlton's injury list. It would be one of the dumbest moves Carlton can do to trade out a KPF for a player coming back from a massive accident with their injury-prone list. They're in their premiership window now. Petracca probably won't be at his best next year and is more likely to re-injure himself.

Collingwood do not have the trade capital so that rules them out.

Hawthorn IMO is the best option for Petracca, but I don't see Hawthorn willing to give up what Melbourne will ask for.

Essendon better not be in the conversation. There'll be a riot at Tullamarine if we yet again attempt a short-term quick fix.
Could Hawthorn not sign Baraas (get Barass as a free agent),
trade Mitch Lewis, 14,2025r1 for Petracca, 2025r2.
Who says no to that trade?
There is injury risk with both Lewis and Petracca

North should throw the kitchen sink at Trac. Pick 2 included.

Too many kids but who is leading them?

Trac is a genuine star of the comp, a winner and a model professional off the field. They will get 3 years of prime midfield service out of him and he could probably spend another couple of years in the forward pocket as he slows down.
You got an elevator pitch we could run with?
We offered a good winger, son of former player 10m and they still said no, be funny trying to lure a Brownlow medallist.

Last edited:
Really rhe dogs are in prime position. Naughton is surplus to their needs. They could offer naughton and a first
Would they try to include Rory Lobb instead of Naughton?
How would Naughton feel.
I would be concerned if I was Naughton about Melbourne's future prospects.
He has more chance at winning a flag in 2025, 2026 at Dogs than Melbourne in my view.

This thread is about Petracca, not Houston.

Seems you just wanted to have a go at Carlton, and you can do that elsewhere.

It's linked, going for big names over recruiting, drafting and developing. I mean Cerra was a big name, but was he what you needed?

Same with Trac, he is not quick running defensively. You need more outside pace, not inside pace.

Apart from Voss I actually like Carlton. Maybe you have the blinders on here?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's linked, going for big names over recruiting, drafting and developing. I mean Cerra was a big name, but was he what you needed?
This is not a thread about Carlton, or about the decision to recruit Cerra.

Apart from Voss I actually like Carlton. Maybe you have the blinders on here?

No, among other things it's my role to make sure threads stay on topic. The topic of this thread is Christian Petracca. Keep it that way please.

McKay for Petracca seems like the perfect fit. Dee's need a tall forward and Blues need a ln explosive mid that's the opposite to the one's they have. Both on similar contracts too.

How so for Melbourne though? Without Petracca they are a pretty ordinary side. They would need both to be any kind of top 4 hope. But even thats probably gone now with Gawn, May, Viney getting old and Brayshaw and others gone.

Mitch Lewis, first rounder could be an option. The guy could win a Coleman if he stayed fit. Dear and Chol combo seems to be working well and Hawthorn's game plan, like the Pies doesn't require a superstar tall forward.

Mitch Lewis, first rounder could be an option. The guy could win a Coleman if he stayed fit. Dear and Chol combo seems to be working well and Hawthorn's game plan, like the Pies doesn't require a superstar tall forward.
That’s close but you’d need a bit more I reckon. As good as Lewis has looked at times, he’s a gamble due to the injuries.

Could Hawthorn not sign Baraas (get Barass as a free agent),
trade Mitch Lewis, 14,2025r1 for Petracca, 2025r2.
Who says no to that trade?
There is injury risk with both Lewis and Petracca

Why would they take a bloke who’s gonna miss most of 2025?

Petty is not a fwd. He's a backmen that you can swing fwd to try win games.

Jvr yes has huge upside

The other guys are henry playfair types

So just give up on Jefferson? A first round pick with 2 years experience and growth who has been kicking bags in the VFL?

Yeah, Nah. The Dees need a key forward is old news now. We have moved on from that.

You guys don’t have a first round high enough. Injury riddled player + pick in the teens won’t get close to trading for our best player.

Petracca wants play to bugger crowds.
Rules out Saints, North, Bulldogs and Cats.
Leaves only Blues, Don's, Tigers, Pies and Hawks.

Tigers and Pies have no currency.
Dons and Hawks possibly.
Blues really the only destination.
Mackay for Petracca seems fair.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back