Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

Petracca to Essendon and Peter Wright to Demons makes a lot of sense for both teams. Say Wright, 8 F2 for Petracca 45 & 5.

Season 2 Wtf GIF by Parks and Recreation

The power has shifted too far towards the players nowadays. You now get home sick 1st year draftees demanding to come home after a year and superstars signing colossal contracts then wanting to leave.

You don't get to sign a 7 year contract close to a million a year and expect to be traded barely a few years into the deal. If Melbourne don't get offered significant overs, I hope that Petracca has the professionalism to continue putting 100% for the club.

This is an extract from a herald sun piece on Petracca's psych evaluation pre draft.
Of course picking Paddy McCartin over Petracca was a mistake. it however doesn't diminish the fact some of character traits identified pre-draft are rearing it head again.

"flags emerged on Petracca.
Former Saints list manager Ameet Bains and recruiter Tony Elshaug started to question whether Petracca would fit their environment.
Why did the psych test reveal an eagerness for Petracca to promote himself ahead of teammates? Were there selfish traits?
Did his antics at the 3km time-trial – ensuring everybody knew he was sore – highlight immaturity? A lack of mental strength?
How come he completed extra training in isolation instead of with teammates?
Petracca seemed to enjoy attention. Would his personality blend in at St Kilda?
Elshaugh was an idiot though

Half your best 22 is over 32 years old. Youve been extremely lucky to have as few injuries as youve had. 0 kids coming through, very little genuine best 22 depth as we have seen this year(particularly in the midfield).

If I was Petracca Collingwood, Richmond, and probably the Saints are the last clubs id want to go to in Victoria
The saints second half of the year had been really good. Their 3rd quarter last week was scintillating

The power has shifted too far towards the players nowadays. You now get home sick 1st year draftees demanding to come home after a year and superstars signing colossal contracts then wanting to leave.

You don't get to sign a 7 year contract close to a million a year and expect to be traded barely a few years into the deal. If Melbourne don't get offered significant overs, I hope that Petracca has the professionalism to continue putting 100% for the club.
Agree if I'm Melbourne I'm saying to Christian unless we get offered the keys to a flag, we're not budging. See you in December, go away and get your head right

Just have a read into BSI’s, he’ll be fine

Mentally? Might be difficult for him, but physically there’ll be no lasting detriment beyond a lower fitness base going into preseason

If that’s the case he will get to his best. He is elite in his preparation and no doubt he will be putting every thing into recovering mentally and physically

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Petracca is top 3 player in the comp, one of the other 3 is bont. How could the dogs do better?
I’m saying I doubt Naughton would agree to a move to the Dees right now and if he really does turn out to be surplus to Bevo’s needs it’s not like the dogs won’t get attractive offers elsewhere.

I’m saying I doubt Naughton would agree to a move to the Dees right now and if he really does turn out to be surplus to Bevo’s needs it’s not like the dogs won’t get attractive offers elsewhere.
Yep you get gawn and viney to meet him and ease any concerns don't you. Gawns still one of the best skippers in the game

Can’t blame Petracca

Seems like a lovely fella (so he’s completely out of place at Melbourne)

Problem is what good quality player in their right mind is going to want to go to Melbourne? None of Petracca’s quality that I can think of.

So it would have to be a team that is a genuine chance of a flag in the next couple of years who are happy to give up good picks in a strong draft.

Bottom line - Melbourne hold him when he really doesn’t want to be there - or they let him go for unders. Neither great options for Melbourne.

Please explain how Collingwood are further away from a premiership than Carlton. The two sides both finished on 52 points. Carlton’s salary cap is borderline maxed out and acquiring Petracca will cost them a top line player, whereas Collingwood have wiggle room now and in the coming years to set up another premiership-calibre team. The Magpies have a significantly better coach who already has won a premiership, and have a side full of blokes who have already tasted success.
Collingwood have the oldest list in the AFL and not many good young players due to traded first rounders and botched drafts.

if a player is chasing a premiership they are obviously going to choose carlton over collingwood right now.

He sounds a bit floggish:

“He has also told the club, on more than one occasion, that he wants to play more consistently in front of larger crowds.”

What does he want the Dees to do, close all the roads to Mount Hotham during winter ?.
shortening snow season and warmer weather will do it by itself

Surprised that essendon arent mentioned much, maybe they lack the draft capital (have only read to page 29 though)

Collingwood have the oldest list in the AFL and not many good young players due to traded first rounders and botched drafts.

if a player is chasing a premiership they are obviously going to choose carlton over collingwood right now.
Didn’t Geelong just make top four a year after finishing 12th with the oldest list in the comp?

You’ll be in for a rude shock when Trac announces Collingwood is his preferred destination

Didn’t Geelong just make top four a year after finishing 12th with the oldest list in the comp?

You’ll be in for a rude shock when Trac announces Collingwood is his preferred destination
You're reasonable, what would you expect a trade to be?

To be fair players seemingly can go a lot longer these days due to modern sports science. More and more are going well into there 30s now and it’s becoming more the norm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back