Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

Out of curiosity, if you presented to your current employer in the state Petracca was in, (and with the same injuries), screaming in agony (imagine the pain he was in) and they sent you back out to work (in a job where you get hit by large blokes repeatedly and thrown to the ground) would you be a little concerned with the employee risk management 'procedures' of your employer?

Do you think you might be a little aggrieved?

Yes, I know he probably put on a tough face, but every player in his situation would have done the same. Its a medicos call, not the players.

As a Lawyer, I can tell you right now, your employer has a case to answer for the above. They made a call, and it was the wrong one.

I would say I followed the process of the organisation I am a part of (AFL) so take it up with them.

He wasn’t forced back onto the oval. He physically ran back on himself.

He is a grown man who can make his own decisions, opposed to always looking to blame others.
Surely the doctor had a right to Vito him on this just like a concussion. He nearly died in hospital a few hours later so I have the feeling the wrong call was made by the doctor. What the player decided to do should have been irrelevant.
Having said that, the doctor may have had no way of suspecting (I won't say knowing)his injury was that bad.

Nope. Who has said that?

You’ll have an egg on face when Petracca nominates Collingwood as his preferred club. Surely he’s wrong and you’re right though
Even if he did, so what?

Josh Dunkley and Ian Hill nominated Essendon, but their trades didn't get done. Why? Because Essendon didn't have the trade capital.

Petracca won't be going to Collingwood. Only delusional people like you think otherwise.

I don’t think it’s going to take overs to get it done. But it’s 2024, generally speaking if a player nominates a team then the 2 clubs will work out a deal that suits both.

From where I sit, Carlton are in the window right now.

We also have F/S this year we can rest our laurels on (the two Camporeale boys).

Id be happy trading out Pittonet (we have TDK and McGovern/ McKay/ JSOS as backups) and Owies (who already has a few clubs looking at him, and Williams looks good in the Small forward role for us) for picks in the 2nd round (ish) each for a side looking for an established Ruck and Small forward.

Martin will also be headed out West if rumors are correct, but that's likely a 3rd rounder given his injury history and age. W could probably nab another pick in the same range for Carroll (another West Aussie kid).

We already have 3 x 3rds this year as well (forward planning for the above).

If we could pull it off that gives us this year's 1st, next year's 1st and 3 x 2nd rounders this year (to trade for another 1st somewhere for a team also looking for points) to get something done.

We then draft a project ruck in the PSD or Rookie one.

From where I sit, Carlton are in the window right now.

We also have F/S this year we can rest our laurels on (the two Camporeale boys).

Id be happy trading out Pittonet (we have TDK and McGovern/ McKay/ JSOS as backups) and Owies (who already has a few clubs looking at him, and Williams looks good in the Small forward role for us) for picks in the 2nd round (ish) each for a side looking for an established Ruck and Small forward.

Martin will also be headed out West if rumors are correct, but that's likely a 3rd rounder given his injury history and age. W could probably nab another pick in the same range for Carroll (another West Aussie kid).

We already have 3 x 3rds this year as well (forward planning for the above).

If we could pull it off that gives us this year's 1st, next year's 1st and 3 x 2nd rounders this year (to trade for another 1st somewhere for a team also looking for points) to get something done.

We then draft a project ruck in the PSD or Rookie one.
Carlton’s situation would be taking on Petraccas wage, hence it most likely would take a player on a decent wicket to be part of that. I can’t see Carlton trading picks only and being able to fit it in the cap.

His injury must be why he is requesting to go to a club with big crowds

Its certainly at least one of the reasons he wants out. He also clearly has issues with other management protocols of the club (Clayton Oliver etc).

He wants the big clubs to maximize his earnings in the time he has left, which you cant begrudge him for.

You dont seek to maximize your earnings when are where you can?

Even if he did, so what?

Josh Dunkley and Ian Hill nominated Essendon, but their trades didn't get done. Why? Because Essendon didn't have the trade capital.

Petracca won't be going to Collingwood. Only delusional people like you think otherwise.
Time will tell, hey brother

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its certainly at least one of the reasons he wants out. He also clearly has issues with other management protocols of the club (Clayton Oliver etc).

He wants the big clubs to maximize his earnings in the time he has left, which you cant begrudge him for.

You dont seek to maximize your earnings when are where you can?

Think it’s more the beating around the bush in communications.

We could afford it. Owies, Pittonet and Martin are not on absolute peanuts. You'd assume they're on at least median AFL player salaries, so that's a million freed up (300k or so each).

Not really as they all have to be replaced with draftees on the cap so you will save less than that. It also wont be easy to get anyone to take pittonets contract.

Plus someone like tdk who is FA next year is going to need huge money to stay.

You could get petracca in but it will cost you one of your top end players cap wise (either this year or next)

P Wright and Stringer to Dees
Hawks future 1st to Dons
M Lewis, Ward and 2nd rounder to Dees
Petracca to Hawks
Gives Dees a pretty decent forward line for next year and then a fit Lewis to roll in with Wright plus gives them a good midfielder with nice foot skills.
You regularly phone in to Trade Radio, don’t you?

followed the process
season 5 richard GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back