Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m tipping we will get 26.

Clubs are willing to part with 2nd round picks as he will be a walk up start in there best 22.

Calling it now, wont play 12 games.

Rioli, Powell, Weller, Uwland, Budarick, WGraham.

All better players than Noble.

If you get 26 you take it and run.

People praise Gawn as a great captain.

He speaks OK without speaking great,

Gawn has never screamed out leader tbh, Oliver stuff is perfect example, he got worse when he moved into Max place.

Wants to be one of the lads and not a leader which sounds like the biggest issue at Melbourne.
I dunno....

1) Clayton Oliver isn't a 17 year old kid, he's a 27 year old MAN. 'Leaders' can try to advise or mentor, but at what point do a grown man's decisions and life choices become his own?

2) A footy club has what, 40 blokes. Club leaders can't devote every second of their time to one player only and exclude everyone else. How would a young draftee feel if the captain and leadership group ignored them because of a singular focus on one misbehaving dude who's arguably old enough to know better anyway.

If I am the Dees I am reviewing the entire place ASAP and working out why they want to leave and if it’s salvageable before blowing it up. Pointless bringing in new players if the issues/people who are causing the problems remain.

From the outside Petracca looked a stand up human, who did everything right to ensure success for the club. Alex Neal Bullen very much the same.. Jack Viney was entertaining offers from North before ultimately staying put. It is clear there are major issues within the group that the club need to resolve..

If getting rid of Goodwin and Oliver means Trac & Kozi stay it becomes an easy decision.

I think petracca is a part in this as well not just their culture. He signed a long term deal when it looked like the dees would be competing for the next 5+ years. That has backfired for a range of reasons and he wants to get out to play for a big Melbourne club. I think the writing is on the wall that their list is now over the hill and next year would be the last go at it if they’re all still there. Which we know they won’t be.

Brooming the offield back office is the obvious starting point. Would put the ball back in his court to show his true intentions if they resolved that.

I think petracca is a part in this as well not just their culture. He signed a long term deal when it looked like the dees would be competing for the next 5+ years. That has backfired for a range of reasons and he wants to get out to play for a big Melbourne club. I think the writing is on the wall that their list is now over the hill and next year would be the last go at it if they’re all still there. Which we know they won’t be.

Brooming the offield back office is the obvious starting point. Would put the ball back in his court to show his true intentions if they resolved that.
You are right he signed a long term deal on huge cash off the back of a flag when all the pieces were working towards a common goal of success. If he believes that individuals professionalism and the clubs failure to adequately deal with the issues means success is no longer possible then you can not really blame him for trying to get out.

The only issue on Petracca is that by signing such a big $ deal has it hamstrung the clubs ability to target a forward which has been so obviously the missing link for the Dees.

You are right he signed a long term deal on huge cash off the back of a flag when all the pieces were working towards a common goal of success. If he believes that individuals professionalism and the clubs failure to adequately deal with the issues means success is no longer possible then you can not really blame him for trying to get out.

The only issue on Petracca is that by signing such a big $ deal has it hamstrung the clubs ability to target a forward which has been so obviously the missing link for the Dees.

Depends if the club getting him can restructure his deal I suppose. Surely the blues don’t have the cap to accommodate unless you punt a player.

Depends if the club getting him can restructure his deal I suppose. Surely the blues don’t have the cap to accommodate unless you punt a player.

We're already punting 4 after finals. 5 if we land a big enough fish, such as Trac.

We have Jack Martin, Marchbank & Cunningham all unlikely to be resigned that frees up about 1.6mil.. replace them with Petracca and 2 draftees and we are about square.

People praise Gawn as a great captain.

He speaks OK without speaking great,

Gawn has never screamed out leader tbh, Oliver stuff is perfect example, he got worse when he moved into Max place.

Wants to be one of the lads and not a leader which sounds like the biggest issue at Melbourne.

Oliver would be the type of guy , despite all the support Gawn has given him. Gawn will walk off the track , could picture Oliver mocking Gawn to other players whilst Gawn is out of earshot , then doing a stomach hold he is giggling that much

Gawn comes across as laughable , Saviour to someone who doesnt even want to help themselves

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dunno....

1) Clayton Oliver isn't a 17 year old kid, he's a 27 year old MAN. 'Leaders' can try to advise or mentor, but at what point do a grown man's decisions and life choices become his own?

2) A footy club has what, 40 blokes. Club leaders can't devote every second of their time to one player only and exclude everyone else. How would a young draftee feel if the captain and leadership group ignored them because of a singular focus on one misbehaving dude who's arguably old enough to know better anyway.

Clearly he and other leaders didn't show much love towards Trac after surgery.

This isn't just coming out now, I heard all this months ago.

What will get him out of the club and which team?

Carlton give 11, F1, 31, Owies/Martin for Petracca, 51 & F3.
Pies F1, 32 & Macrae/McInnes for Petracca & F3.
Essendon 8, F2, 28 & Wright for Petracca, 45, 51 & F3.

What will get him out of the club and which team?

Carlton give 11, F1, 31, Owies/Martin for Petracca, 51 & F3.
Pies F1, 32 & Macrae/McInnes for Petracca & F3.
Essendon 8, F2, 28 & Wright for Petracca, 45, 51 & F3.
None of those deals are anywhere near enough.

Setterfield
Stringer
Shiel
Hobbs
Alwyn Davey Jr
Goldstein

Replace the midfield, grab a backup ruck and throw in a small forward + THE PACKAGE

What a deal

Calling it now, wont play 12 games.

Rioli, Powell, Weller, Uwland, Budarick, WGraham.

All better players than Noble.

If you get 26 you take it and run.
Weller and Budarick hahahah. Give me a spell. Blatantly better than Uwland and Graham too but they’ll be good players too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back