Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

Cerra, 2x firsts and Dees pay a bit of his salary.

Reckon that's what ends up happening. Unfortunately for the Demons the story has all the indicators of being irreparable, they almost have to get rid of him.

I'm not sure how we address our other list issues if we do a deal for him but sounds like he's absolutely adamant on forcing his way out of there and we make the most sense.

Pies have 0 trade assets, Hawks money tied up in Barass + Battle, Dons suck and Richmond are rebuilding.

Honestly, is there even any doubt that Melbourne's culture is absolutely cooked. Simon Goodwin must be sacked

Reckon that's what ends up happening. Unfortunately for the Demons the story has all the indicators of being irreparable, they almost have to get rid of him.

I'm not sure how we address our other list issues if we do a deal for him but sounds like he's absolutely adamant on forcing his way out of there and we make the most sense.

Pies have 0 trade assets, Hawks money tied up in Barass + Battle, Dons suck and Richmond are rebuilding.
Why would Cerra agree to leave?

Why would Cerra agree to leave?
Was happy to go to the Dees when he left Freo but didn't have the picks to trade for him. Obviously some issues there now but tbh he doesn't seem the type that would care.

In his interviews he's always said footy is just a job for him, doesn't seem to care too much about where he's playing or what role he's got as long as he's getting paid and near his family.

lol Dees arnt trading him for picks in the teens let alone paying his salary.

Won’t even get close for our best player who is contracted.

Cerra is a salary dump in itself, you should be paying us more to take a bloke who sits in rehab all year.

lol Dees arnt trading him for picks in the teens let alone paying his salary.

Won’t even get close for our best player who is contracted.
If you haven't noticed your club is going through an implosion and Trac is at the centre of that. Dees are almost certainly going to have to deal him, the guys threatening to take them to court if they dont... It's beyond repair clearly.

But the real issue is nobody else that he wants to go to is going to offer better for a 29 year old - mainly because they can't.

Hawks have all their money and picks tied up bringing in Barass and Battle
Cats bringing in B.Smith
Pies sold the future for Schultz
Dons going to the draft
Richmond in a full blown rebuild
WBD wouldn't have anywhere near enough cap space with JUH, Darcy, Richards etc about to get massive pay increases
North rebuilding too

Blues are pretty much the only viable option if he's adamant on leaving.

Mate, Noble stinks.

Uwland clears him every day of the week haha.

And im definitely taking Weller and Budarick in front of him. Noble is very very limited.
You obviously haven't seen Budarick play since his ACL. Weller misses more games than he plays, and Noble is better.

Uwland plays a clearly different role. Good player but hasn't found consistently yet.

If you haven't noticed your club is going through an implosion and Trac is at the centre of that. Dees are almost certainly going to have to deal him, the guys threatening to take them to court if they dont... It's beyond repair clearly.

But the real issue is nobody else that he wants to go to is going to offer better for a 29 year old - mainly because they can't.

Hawks have all their money and picks tied up bringing in Barass and Battle
Cats bringing in B.Smith
Pies sold the future for Schultz
Dons going to the draft
Richmond in a full blown rebuild
WBD wouldn't have anywhere near enough cap space with JUH, Darcy, Richards etc about to get massive pay increases
North rebuilding too

Blues are pretty much the only viable option if he's adamant on leaving.

Where has he threatened to take them to court?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where has he threatened to take them to court?
Reporters saying he's considering taking the Dees to court over player welfare breaches re his injury treatment etc if they don't release him. I forget the exact details but if what they've reported is true there almost no way he's coming back to Goodwin and Perts circus next season

Reporters saying he's considering taking the Dees to court over player welfare breaches re his injury treatment etc if they don't release him. I forget the exact details but if what they've reported is true there almost no way he's coming back to Goodwin and Perts circus next season

Link?
Pretty sure it was just Jon Ralph saying grievance tribunal is an avenue that exists.

Which is completely different to Trac saying hes taking Dees to court.

Dees won’t take 70c on the dollar for there best player. Either his management find the right offer that works or he will have to work through it with the club.

Last edited:
Link?
Pretty sure it was just Jon Ralph saying grievance tribunal is an avenue that exists.

Which is completely different to Trac saying hes taking Dees to court.
Yeah thats the story, and Tom Morris backed it from memory who gets pretty reliable Dees info.

Either way its fairly clear the relationship is well and truly cooked. You've got the Dees and Trac's team going back and forth leaking info about each other trying to make the other look like the party at fault. When it reaches that point it's time for fans to prepare for the players departure.

Which I'll say again, all things point to the only viable option being the Blues as it stands.

Any other supporters of clubs who are apparently ‘in the mix’ just not want anything to do with Petracca anymore? I mean, with a salary ranging from 1.3M-1.7M until he’s 35, and the 58 first rounders mooted by Dee’s supporters to get him, not to mention his fragile physical state…. feels like a real poison chalice to me, I’ve completely lost all my initial keenness….

I reckon Melbourne is in a dire situation, cause as much as they say ‘we’ll just hold him’, they’ve clearly made that relationship untennable, so they’re now forced to trade him, but no one can afford the dudes salary and even if they could wouldn’t pay the absurd trade price they’re demanding. Basically Melbourne is ****ed no matter what they do.

Any other supporters of clubs who are apparently ‘in the mix’ just not want anything to do with Petracca anymore? I mean, with a salary ranging from 1.3M-1.7M until he’s 35, and the 58 first rounders mooted by Dee’s supporters to get him, not to mention his fragile physical state…. feels like a real poison chalice to me, I’ve completely lost all my initial keenness….

I reckon Melbourne is in a dire situation, cause as much as they say ‘we’ll just hold him’, they’ve clearly made that relationship untennable, so they’re now forced to trade him, but no one can afford the dudes salary and even if they could wouldn’t pay the absurd trade price they’re demanding. Basically Melbourne is ****ed no matter what they do.
I was sort of looking forward to hitting the draft hard and bringing in some talented kids for the future. With that said, I don't think I'd be too unhappy if we somehow ended up with Trac instead.

I was sort of looking forward to hitting the draft hard and bringing in some talented kids for the future. With that said, I don't think I'd be too unhappy if we somehow ended up with Trac instead.
If we ended up with Trac I’d be nervous happy. Sorta superficially stoked but with a deep down sense of doom about what could happen

Sure if you just somehow ended up with him cool.

But going rates and cap considered, would you be happy with McKay and a first rounder plus 1.3-1.7M over 5 (likely costing you other players) when he’s old and a shadow?

Dusty became a garbage tin at 31-ish, Trac with a similar reliance on burst/power could too, it’s not an attribute that ages well.

Sure if you just somehow ended up with him cool.

But going rates and cap considered, would you be happy with McKay and a first rounder plus 1.3-1.7M over 5 (likely costing you other players) when he’s old and a shadow?

Dusty became a garbage tin at 31-ish, Trac with a similar reliance on burst/power could too, it’s not an attribute that ages well.
We ain't giving up McKay lmao. Carlton have plenty of players we could trade without it doing much harm, McKay isn't one of them.

Cripps
Curnow
Dekoning
Weitering
Mckay
Walsh

Id say these are the untouchable assets at Carlton. Wouldn't trade them for anyone in the league regardless of whether they're better or worse as individual players.

We ain't giving up McKay lmao. Carlton have plenty of players we could trade without it doing much harm, McKay isn't one of them.

Cripps
Curnow
Dekoning
Weitering
Mckay
Walsh

Id say these are the untouchable assets at Carlton. Wouldn't trade them for anyone in the league regardless of whether they're better or worse as individual players.
Fucern cool as. Anyway, it was a joke on the absurd demands of Melbourne supporters. My view is that given the circumstances, Trac is worth less than most people would think at the trade table.

Think that despite what is being thrown around, his age, injury, horrendous contract (1.3-1.7M to 35?) significantly devalues him. Wouldn’t surprise me to see him eventually move for a single first round pick to whatever club can squeeze in his enormous contract.

Melbourne have now burnt all bridges and can’t believably threaten to retain him.

I wouldn't do that if I were Carlton. TDK is just coming into his prime in the next few years, and Trac, with that contract, is a considerable risk. Yes, Trac was a star, top 5 in the league, but what if he ends up like Dusty and a shadow of his former self from 30 after the injury? Then the club is stuck with three to four more years in a massive contract that could cripple them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back