Cider Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

150px-Magners_cider.jpg

Not bad in a glass of ice.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c0/Magners_cider.jpg/150px-Magners_cider.jpg

Correct, "I am a zyder drinker" etc.

It should also never, under any circumstances, be served in conjunction with ice.

I don't know...In London the other week we got a few bottles of Bulmers (such a delicious drink. Has got me back on the cider bandwagon which I fell off a few years ago) from the supermarket. They were a tad on the warm side so had to drop a few cubes in there. Soooo refreshing with the cubes in there, even when cold. Went as far as ordering Strongbows the other day at the pub with ice in them. I guess I'll put myself in the minority basket, but I think they're great with ice.

Love cider. For when you want something 'softdrinky' but don't to be seen with an alcopop. Also, goes well with spicy foods.

Bulmers is excellent. Clearly ahead of Magners.

Depends which Bulmers you are referring too.

The Irish Bulmers is exported as Magners. Their labelling is identical.

Most likely the Bulmers you are referring to is the UK Bulmers (branded as Bulmers Original).

Anyway...footy season's here, and what better way to bring in the new year than with a pint of cider on match day :)

Anyone know of the pubs in Richmond that have cider either on tap or in stock??? Don't respond if they have Strongbow ;)

Cider thread and no mention of Scrumpy Jack? Deary me...

That's because some of us are still in mourning at its long absence from the shelves of bottlo's and taps of pubs in this country.

I shall be drinking plenty of it when I'm in the UK later in the year for sure!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hadn't tried a cider before, and kept hearing more about them. Sounded quite nice I must say.

So I try a Strongbow (from reports are quite crap anyway), and it tastes like beer to me.
Then a friend had a 6 pack of Pipsqueak.. give one a go. Ugh tastes even more like beer.

Now I don't know if this is just my unrefined, womanly taste buds talking, but this stuff is crap :p

I hadn't tried a cider before, and kept hearing more about them. Sounded quite nice I must say.

So I try a Strongbow (from reports are quite crap anyway), and it tastes like beer to me.
Then a friend had a 6 pack of Pipsqueak.. give one a go. Ugh tastes even more like beer.

Now I don't know if this is just my unrefined, womanly taste buds talking, but this stuff is crap :p

try mercury nads.

often preferred over strongbow :thumbsu:

Well got given a few Strongbows last night, my first cider experience and I was very please, very yummy. You guys reckon they are crap so I can't wait to try some other ciders next weekend. Might go with the Mercury's as I have seen them at the bottle-O.

Kopparberg Cider. Pear (my fav), Apple or Eldderberry

Best cider going around. Was drinking Bulmers and Magners in London and the UK but stumbled across the Kopparberg one night and never looked back. Have only been back a short time and have not looked to hard for it in bottleo's so have not found any.
It is awesome though, a lot smoother than the Bulmers and the like.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cider Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back