Cider Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I wasn't sure i liked 'Green Goblin' when i first tried it ... But i returned to it and its now my favourite along with Westons Premium Organic cider.

Both quality ciders & I love the label on GG too. If you haven't, try a few of the recent Australian ciders such as Monthies, Cold Stream & Mischief which is a little sweeter than the normal dry cider but very drinkable.

Another favourite from OS is Pipsqueak.

If anyone wants something really traditional try some of the Frence ciders but don't expect them to be like the cider your used to.

Just started my cider drinking due to now having a wheat intolerance.

Have tried Bulmers, Magners, Pipsqueak, Strongbow and Mercury. Plus a few boutique ciders I can't remember.

Best bit is when I go back to the office after lunch that included a few pints of cider, If asked, I say I had an apple juice with my meal.

do drink it but yet to drink any other than strongbow. goes down like lemonade, usually my drink of choice if i want to get buzzed rather than shitfaced. will definitely look out for a few other brands, i knew without reading the thread that strongbow probably had a bad rep.
tried their perry/pear cider which was ok

do drink it but yet to drink any other than strongbow. goes down like lemonade, usually my drink of choice if i want to get buzzed rather than shitfaced.

Drink cider around the 7-9% alcohol volume range :thumbsu:
Some local cider producers in Victoria do offer strong beverages.

have ticked off a few more brands, mercury, kopparberg and rekorderlig. some of the fruity ones don't do much for me. probably prefer the flat apple/pear, although the rekorderlig apple/vanilla/cinnamon was interesting. mixed fruit barely cider at all really?

tumblr_lfgzjj7PhX1qb5fnzo1_500.jpg

lol

I like them :) Nice Strongbow or sotwford. not that I could tell a difference xD. But yea I prefer them especially in summer to beer.

The Saturday after Australia Day, wifey and I are headed from Perth down to Denmark for a day or two away.

There's this place called the Toffee Factory at William Bay that apparently sells a Cider called Elephants Rock.... they've got a couple of different styles... most of them come in at 6.5% so not sure if they're made from apples or an extract. The Oaked Scrumpy is their only non-carbonated offering and comes in at 8%.... looks like the one. $75 for the carton, so not exactly an everyday quaff, but I'll give it a go and report back. ;)

The Saturday after Australia Day, wifey and I are headed from Perth down to Denmark for a day or two away.

There's this place called the Toffee Factory at William Bay that apparently sells a Cider called Elephants Rock.... they've got a couple of different styles... most of them come in at 6.5% so not sure if they're made from apples or an extract. The Oaked Scrumpy is their only non-carbonated offering and comes in at 8%.... looks like the one. $75 for the carton, so not exactly an everyday quaff, but I'll give it a go and report back. ;)
Ah yes the Elephants rock, Some of their stuff is good, love the toffee, however they do a strawberry cider which i couldnt stomach (however in saying that i dislike any other strawberry cider i've tried since it's taken off with the Rekordelig+Koppaberg)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah yes the Elephants rock, Some of their stuff is good, love the toffee, however they do a strawberry cider which i couldnt stomach (however in saying that i dislike any other strawberry cider i've tried since it's taken off with the Rekordelig+Koppaberg)

I hear ya. Wasn't game for the Strawberry. ;)

Tried the Scrumpy, the Sweet Apple and the Apple Ginger. Took home a carton of Scrumpy although the Apple Ginger has a serious flavour kick to it... for orders over the counter they also through in some Chilli Nuts and a couple of stubby holders.

Just sunk my first and I'm a happy man... if any more BFers are ever down that way I'd suggest you give em a try. :)

Bump.

Been getting right into cider in recent times, one that I enjoy is the Matilda Bay Dirty Granny.

Had about 20-30 different ciders over the last few months so thought ressurecting this thread was a good idea.

I don't mind 'dirty granny' - you can get it on tap at the fox in fitzroy. The cider they sell on tap at black cat is also very good but i can't remember the name.

I usually buy 'pipsqueak' as every bottle shop around my area sells it and it's nice.

Personally, I don't like cider much but I am not one of those who feel superior to people that do drink it. :)

I recently signed onto Cellarbrations at Carlisle Face book page and also check out their web site because of their amazing range of beer and have noticed they also have a huge range of ciders.

Probably worth you WA guys checking them out.

http://www.cellarbrationscarlisle.com.au/shop/categories/5

I might buy some Strongbow tonight. But how does cider actually differ in taste to beer? Is it sweeter? Or anything like apple juice?

Haha! Sadly, I'm serious.

I only turned 18 last week. So I've usually just stuck to different kids of beers. I've no experience!

The closest thing you'll get to goats piss as you can get.

Blumers on tap is the best from the tap.
Rekorderlig the best from the bottle

Haha! Sadly, I'm serious.

I only turned 18 last week. So I've usually just stuck to different kids of beers. I've no experience!
OK, do you want it to be nice and fruity sweet like bubbly apple juice? Then get Rekorderlig pear or apple. They have a few other variations if you want to mix it up a bit.

If you want something more dry and bitter, less sweet and more subtle, try Magners or Mercury Dry.

I wouldn't waste your time with Strongbow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cider Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back