Multiplat Cities: Skylines II

Remove this Banner Ad

According to the Steam page:

• MINIMUM:
    • Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-6700K | AMD® Ryzen™ 5 2600X
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Nvidia® GeForce™ GTX 970 (4 GB) | AMD® Radeon™ RX 480 (8 GB)

• RECOMMENDED:
    • Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-12600K | AMD® Ryzen™ 7 5800X
    • Memory: 16 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Nvidia® GeForce™ RTX 3080 (10 GB) | AMD® Radeon™ RX 6800 XT (16 GB)

:(

I know from experience how hard it is to optimize software, especially with everything that is happening in something like Cities:Skylines.

it's not going to be a simple change, but I'm still hopeful I'll get this someday.

:(

I know from experience how hard it is to optimize software, especially with everything that is happening in something like Cities:Skylines.

it's not going to be a simple change, but I'm still hopeful I'll get this someday.

Given how much they've butchered graphics quality even on the highest settings I worry that the performance is too deeply baked into the simulation itself. That means we have to wait for hardware to progress and brute force the performance.

Given how much they've butchered graphics quality even on the highest settings I worry that the performance is too deeply baked into the simulation itself. That means we have to wait for hardware to progress and brute force the performance.

It's still not as bad a MSFS 2020

New hardware you say? looks at Intel cpus oxidizing and failing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dwwaino have you tried the new Road Builder mod? Game changer or a false dawn? I wish it was in CS1!

Not yet! Heard about it but haven't tried it yet and was thinking about trying to give it another go this weekend (still waiting on some bug fixes that CO were holding off until they returned from break).

I've been getting really into CS2 but I still miss the building from CS1, and I think that's mostly due to the sheer amount of content that CS2 is going to unfortunately take some time to catch up to. In CS2 I still feel a little restricted and it's hard to be very creative. I needed a fix so went back to CS1 for a bit on console because the bro in law plays too and we like to chat and share ideas as we just chill and build.

This is something I've been working on in CS1 that I just can't do in 2 yet. This is proper city building, not just city painting. The differences in building variations, detailing, themes, transport, industry etc. Also check out the cool suburban cricket, soccer and footy fields they added to 1!

1914b7320ef7-screenshotUrl.jpg 1914b72318875-screenshotUrl.jpg 1914b72146125-screenshotUrl.jpg 1914b71deb814-screenshotUrl.jpg 1914b71c03681-screenshotUrl.jpg 1914b71a45e98-screenshotUrl.jpg 1914b718da453-screenshotUrl.jpg

Here's a great review of said traffic mod. It sounds cool and does more than what I thought it did. I'm definitely going to fire up CS2 this weekend and give it a test. I think I might just do an infinite money with everything unlocked save to play with these things until some of the glaring bugs and economy are patched.

The new detailing options will be good. Egg will certainly be happy lol. Finally a patch coming for the homeless issues which has actually made me not want to play until it is fixed. They mention that homeless weren't moving into cheap residential because new households were moving in first so they're fixing that. They also said they can move out of the city through intercity connections but that still doesn't solve the early to mid game homeless crisis when your budget is on a knife's edge and you aren't even considering intercity transport connections.

The new detailing options will be good. Egg will certainly be happy lol. Finally a patch coming for the homeless issues which has actually made me not want to play until it is fixed. They mention that homeless weren't moving into cheap residential because new households were moving in first so they're fixing that. They also said they can move out of the city through intercity connections but that still doesn't solve the early to mid game homeless crisis when your budget is on a knife's edge and you aren't even considering intercity transport connections.

So you're saying you want to round up the homeless and pop them on a train?

Awkward Oh No GIF by CBC

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat Cities: Skylines II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back